UnevenEdge

The Worst Thing About the New Season of SAO

PokeNirvash

I know I'm most likely in the minority here, but I'm down for more SAO on Toonami. Hopefully it gets a pretty good timeslot, like before midnight.

Making it a medieval fantasy hour at 1 AM leading-in to Black Clover wouldn't be a horrible idea either, though.

Hell, in the current climate, it might even get a weeknight run. The question is, would they re-acquire SAO I & II to re-air them on weeknights? There's almost no blood in it so it would be fine for 8:30 PM...

Edited by OwlChemist81

Good. That gives all the righteous people more time to blithely ignore it.

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Klein: The Anime.

THAT would be one harem protagonist I wouldn't have a problem with.

You know, while I completely understand the appeal of Klein, I don't think a show featuring him would be much more exciting than SAO. He's supposed to be your everyman who got trapped inside the game and was the only sane person while people were dying... but that's largely all he is. It comes down to being as bland and inoffensive of a character as possible, and I don't think that would translate to an exciting story. :RoboIndifferent:

15 hours ago, Blatch said:

Good. That gives all the righteous people more time to blithely ignore it.

You know, while I completely understand the appeal of Klein, I don't think a show featuring him would be much more exciting than SAO. He's supposed to be your everyman who got trapped inside the game and was the only sane person while people were dying... but that's largely all he is. It comes down to being as bland and inoffensive of a character as possible, and I don't think that would translate to an exciting story. :RoboIndifferent:

Then maybe a gag manga as a side story.

Alicization is supposed to be the best arc with the best writing, according to web novel and light novel readers.  Reki obviously matured as a writer over time, because you can see the improvement of SAO II over SAO I.  It makes me wonder of the timeline of things since Accel World is supposed to be better than SAO I too.  He even remade the Aincrad Arc with SAO Progressive because he knew it had issues.  Don't think he is going to attempt to rehab Fairy Dance though haha.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 7:30 PM, elfie said:

Klein: The Anime.

THAT would be one harem protagonist I wouldn't have a problem with.

It's not a harem, because Kirito hooks up with Asuna, and the other girls get friendzoned.  Hell a lot of even non-harem anime make you wait for the couple to get together at the end.  SAO is a breath of fresh air in that regard!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Alicization is supposed to be the best arc with the best writing, according to web novel and light novel readers.  Reki obviously matured as a writer over time, because you can see the improvement of SAO II over SAO I.  It makes me wonder of the timeline of things since Accel World is supposed to be better than SAO I too.  He even remade the Aincrad Arc with SAO Progressive because he knew it had issues.  Don't think he is going to attempt to rehab Fairy Dance though haha.

Accel World is garbage, there's a reason it never got big. This is your MC btw

%5BCommie%5D+Accel+World+-+06+haru.png

Edited by Daos

On 9/11/2018 at 9:30 PM, Blatch said:

Actually, I'd probably enjoy Klein Art Online a lot more. A main character who's perfectly average but has an enjoyable personality, with a good dynamic with a group of female characters that AREN'T cringingly thirsty for his dick, all going on adventures? That sounds a lot more entertaining than smarmy Kirito, who is the best player EVER at any game he picks up and is an instant expert with damn near every new skill, solving mysteries while every pair of tits in the vicinity is immediately smitten.

Edited by EmpressAngel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ben0119 said:

It's not a harem, because Kirito hooks up with Asuna, and the other girls get friendzoned.  Hell a lot of even non-harem anime make you wait for the couple to get together at the end.  SAO is a breath of fresh air in that regard!

Except no, it's not refreshing at all. The fact that Kirito hooks up with one halfway through the first season doesn't change the fact that almost every single female character is attracted to him. Like, I think literally the only ones we've seen who weren't his fangirls were NPC game programs and the AIDS lesbian. The author has no idea how to write women outside of love interests, and it's even more annoying because he's with Asuna, we already know that throwing yet another blushing pair of tits at him is going to have no payoff.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Except no, it's not refreshing at all. The fact that Kirito hooks up with one halfway through the first season doesn't change the fact that almost every single female character is attracted to him. Like, I think literally the only ones we've seen who weren't his fangirls were NPC game programs and the AIDS lesbian. The author has no idea how to write women outside of love interests, and it's even more annoying because he's with Asuna, we already know that throwing yet another blushing pair of tits at him is going to have no payoff.

I think the annoying thing is the girls don't.. MOVE ON. And find other boys to like. ....like normal girls would do. They just kind of become his permanent harem members and lose interest in other guys. They could at least toss Klein a drunken pity fuck.

Once the harem MC picks a girl, that's supposed to be the end of the harem. You can't keep doing harem antics with a guy that's in a committed relationship. Plus they're meeting thousands of guys in these online worlds they play in. Maybe give one of them a shot?

A good example of this is Shuffle, one of the rare harem anime where the guy picks a girl. But he picks a girl at the end, and then the show ends. Because once you pick a girl, your harem show is over. At least Shuffle knew that.

• Thanks 3

On 9/12/2018 at 12:25 AM, Daos said:

Nope Klein has no real personality and Kirito steals all his women ... the new main character is

question, I don't remember much about SAO other than that it's

because I was halfway through a bottle of vodka when we had to watch it every weekend

but why is Yui real?, and why can they summon virtual objects into the real world now?

It's the SAO movie Ordinal Scale. They're using augmented reality stuff, like an advanced version of Google Glass. They fight monsters and play video games in real life instead of inside a game. People not using it don't see anything, just people acting like weirdos and slashing at air.

Also, it's horrible. Incomprehensible plot. They gain ridiculous athletic abilities despite the fact that this stuff is supposed to be happening in the real world. The movie just kind of forgets that they're not in SAO and shouldn't be jumping 20 feet in the air and doing flippy flips and whatnot. The main villain is just awful.  SAO seasons 1 and 2 are way better than this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daos said:

Well he picks a girl, one girl absolutely loses her mind over it, and the show ends a few episodes later. It didn't go on for another 24 episode run with all the girls chasing after the guy that's in a committed relationship.

Don't forget attempted suicide to save someone's life.

Seriously, though, Shuffle was a really fun show to watch. :D

17 hours ago, Daos said:

It's the SAO movie Ordinal Scale. They're using augmented reality stuff, like an advanced version of Google Glass. They fight monsters and play video games in real life instead of inside a game. People not using it don't see anything, just people acting like weirdos and slashing at air.

Also, it's horrible. Incomprehensible plot. They gain ridiculous athletic abilities despite the fact that this stuff is supposed to be happening in the real world. The movie just kind of forgets that they're not in SAO and shouldn't be jumping 20 feet in the air and doing flippy flips and whatnot. The main villain is just awful.  SAO seasons 1 and 2 are way better than this.

FYI the movie's tech is based on augmented reality, which is a real thing that is happening now, and that only got really popular in 2013. I know. I had to work with people who were researching it that year. It's animation that you can see on a phone screen and now on helmets, but that's it. Your real hand can't touch it, and you can only see this make-believe thing on that screen. It doesn't all of a sudden give you superpowers.

Edited by elfie

3 hours ago, elfie said:

Assuming he's a weak MC just because of how he looks? That's definitely not shallow.

No, he acts like a bitch the entire anime. He basically is willing to lick his girls boots if she wants him too. As Zeni would say, total beta male.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Daos said:

ah, so it's Augmented reality as written by someone who has absolutely no idea what Augmented Reality means....gotcha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, Daos said:

Accel World is garbage, there's a reason it never got big. This is your MC btw

%5BCommie%5D+Accel+World+-+06+haru.png

That's the thing, he made the main character as like the opposite of Kirito, right?  I dunno, my friend that recommended SAO and JoJo to me said that it's better than SAO.  Have you even watched it?

3 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Kawahara doesn't know how MMOs work either, so does that surprise you?

How do you figure that?  Reki is a veteran of old school MMOs from back in the day.  He admired the elite players, because he wasn't very good at the games himself, and had issues communicating because he didn't speak much English.  So basically that was his inspiration for creating SAO.  Also, I hope you aren't saying we need to see people level-grinding for hours in an anime.  Some things have to be changed for it to work in an anime.

I watched about 18 episodes before calling it quits. The girl falls in love with that short midget for basically no reason, because he's good at virtual squash. The main girls ambition is basically what the show is all about, and her goal is pretty lame. The MC agrees to spend the entire show helping her achieve this lame goal. due to him being instantly pussy whipped by accel-world-accel-world-35385074-960-675

It's badly paced and pretty boring. People tell you it's better than SAO because it doesn't have a wildly OP MC like Kirito but it's still bad.. worse actually.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:02 PM, EmpressAngel said:

I dunno I think the women were handled pretty well.  Yeah you can be annoyed the women fall for him, but it's not exactly unheard of.  Some guys are just chick magnets.  I mean he is saving people in a death game.  It also gets better as the show went on.  Reki's reason for putting Asuna in a cage in Fairy Dance was because Kirito and Asuna were too over-powered as a team.  Yeah... not the best way to correct that.  So, after that, he creates Sinon who is a very good player and team member with Kirito, and then he gives Asuna her own arc.  It was never confirmed Yuuki is lesbian.

Just now, Daos said:

I watched about 18 episodes before calling it quits. The girl falls in love with that short midget for basically no reason, because he's good at virtual squash. The main girls ambition is basically what the show is all about, and her goal is pretty lame. The MC agrees to spend the entire show helping her achieve this lame goal. due to him being instantly pussy whipped by accel-world-accel-world-35385074-960-675

It's badly paced and pretty boring. People tell you it's better than SAO because it doesn't have a wildly OP MC like Kirito but it's still bad.. worse actually.

Oh lmao.  Well, given the other stuff said about how he's apparently a beta bitch boy, and how I HATE those kinds of characters, I probably won't like it. :D But I need to watch it eventually anyway, for completion.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:42 PM, Daos said:

I think the annoying thing is the girls don't.. MOVE ON. And find other boys to like. ....like normal girls would do. They just kind of become his permanent harem members and lose interest in other guys. They could at least toss Klein a drunken pity fuck.

Once the harem MC picks a girl, that's supposed to be the end of the harem. You can't keep doing harem antics with a guy that's in a committed relationship. Plus they're meeting thousands of guys in these online worlds they play in. Maybe give one of them a shot?

A good example of this is Shuffle, one of the rare harem anime where the guy picks a girl. But he picks a girl at the end, and then the show ends. Because once you pick a girl, your harem show is over. At least Shuffle knew that.

Haven't they moved on, though?  I don't notice them actually pining for Kirito after that.  They're just still his friend.  And Suguha has that one kid that likes her, and she seems to possibly like him back.  Also the main plot of the show isn't even about that.  It's action adventure.  So, yeah, the show doesn't end, because it's not a harem show.

On 9/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Actually, I'd probably enjoy Klein Art Online a lot more. A main character who's perfectly average but has an enjoyable personality, with a good dynamic with a group of female characters that AREN'T cringingly thirsty for his dick, all going on adventures? That sounds a lot more entertaining than smarmy Kirito, who is the best player EVER at any game he picks up and is an instant expert with damn near every new skill, solving mysteries while every pair of tits in the vicinity is immediately smitten.

Klein is like the lovable loser.  Definitely underrated character.  And he actually gets screwed out of getting girls!  Remember the whole Thor debacle?!  Hmm, you are exaggerating Kirito's abilities.  I remember when people made a big deal out of him putting computers together when he was a kid, when computers are like fucking legos now.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Haven't they moved on, though?  I don't notice them actually pining for Kirito after that.  They're just still his friend.  And Suguha has that one kid that likes her, and she seems to possibly like him back.  Also the main plot of the show isn't even about that.  It's action adventure.  So, yeah, the show doesn't end, because it's not a harem show.

True. Maybe they did move on. My brother had to go through two exes just to hit a third one that would eventually become his wife, and guess what, those two exes still keep in touch with him, and they're all strong friends to this day. It happens!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

How do you figure that?  Reki is a veteran of old school MMOs from back in the day.  He admired the elite players, because he wasn't very good at the games himself, and had issues communicating because he didn't speak much English.  So basically that was his inspiration for creating SAO.  Also, I hope you aren't saying we need to see people level-grinding for hours in an anime.  Some things have to be changed for it to work in an anime.

Kirito was an elite, top level player before the game went public. That's not exactly compelling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Kirito was an elite, top level player before the game went public. That's not exactly compelling.

ignore the part where he shits on Jojo and this is a pretty good evaluation of SAO as written by someone who only watched the first 3 episodes

and he knows basically absolutely everything about it from those 3 eps alone

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I dunno I think the women were handled pretty well.  Yeah you can be annoyed the women fall for him, but it's not exactly unheard of.  Some guys are just chick magnets.  I mean he is saving people in a death game.  It also gets better as the show went on.  Reki's reason for putting Asuna in a cage in Fairy Dance was because Kirito and Asuna were too over-powered as a team.  Yeah... not the best way to correct that.  So, after that, he creates Sinon who is a very good player and team member with Kirito, and then he gives Asuna her own arc.  It was never confirmed Yuuki is lesbian.

Have you ever actually spoken to a woman before? When the grown adult nurse is salivating over a teenage boy that she's supposed to be monitoring, it's a fuckign problem. It's not funny, it's just gross and uncomfortable.

Literally all those girls except for his virtual daughter and AIDS lesbian are romantically interested in him. It seems like a character trait that gets added by default whenever a new female character gets made.

"If we get married, you'd be the one to change your name!" Yeah, that's a sentence that a straight girl says to her female friend in an entirely platonic way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2