UnevenEdge

The Worst Thing About the New Season of SAO

PokeNirvash

On 9/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, naraku360 said:

I like Liar Game, Kaiji, One Outs, and Alice in Borderlines (the best one, imo). I'm not threatened by smart characters. Kirito just isn't smart. He's below average intellect in a world of below below averages.

Never heard of any of those shows.  Naw you just don't realize it.  Also you are the first to say Kirito ISN'T a genius super prodigy.  At least you recognize that what he is good at isn't THAT big a deal.

Deleted first part of post because it was needlessly mean...

Edited by ben0119

On 9/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, Daos said:

You dare doubt his genius? He has the best mind, the best words. He's very stable genius. His IQ is one of the highest.

138.  120 is classified as genius.  I'm sure it would be even higher if I tested again now.  The fact is I just operate on a higher level than most people.  But it's also a lonely existence, with so few intellectual peers for me to interact with.  Thankfully my buddy Espiga matches me fairly well in intelligence.  Some of my other friends are kinda' normies though.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:50 PM, Daos said:

Also, about Kirito being bad at Ordinal Scale.. he becomes the number 1 ranked player... in like a day or two.

But trying to convince Ben that Kirito is a Mary Sue is like trying to convince him that Rey from the new Star Wars is a Mary Sue. He doesn't understand the difference between competent and unrealistically and inexplicably good at everything.

No, you just can't believe that someone could be so skilled, and even make less effort to achieve the same or better results than you or the usual average joe.  Just because you struggled with something, doesn't mean everyone else did.

Rey isn't a Mary Sue.  You're just a pedantic whiner with selective standards who endlessly nitpicks the new films but gives all the silliness and plotholes and bad acting and cheesy dialogue in the old movies a pass due to years of deification of those films.  Blinded by nostalgia goggles.  Hope it's that and not another reason for your dislike of Rey...

If Kirito and I were a wrestling tag team, this would be our theme song :P -

Edited by ben0119

On 10/1/2018 at 1:51 AM, Daos said:

Plus Kirito was kind of an asshole that selfishly hoarded his knowledge of the game instead of sharing his info with the playerbase, info that probably would have saved hundreds of lives. Especially at the beginning when no one knew anything about the game.

Just another character flaw that further debunks the Mary Sue Kirito narrative.  Kirito is also the only male character I've ever heard of accused of being a Mary Sue...

On 10/1/2018 at 1:39 AM, naraku360 said:

If Kirito were competent and actually intelligent and capable of preventing the AI deletion in a matter of seconds, why did he wait 2+ years to hack into it in the first place? Why didn't he change more? Couldn't he have prevented everything by doing it from square 1, you know by re-enabling the logout feature? Preventing a complete termination manually by inserting code real time sounds a lot harder than changing one line of code from off to on, if not literally clicking an on/off switch.

It thoroughly negates any drama that came before from people dying at his fault - presuming you ignore how dumb the beta tester vitrol is in the first place.

You really think Kayaba would make it so easy to break into?  He probably had a failsafe that fries brains if they tried it, like attempting to remove the NerveGear.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:27 AM, elfie said:

..... okay now ben just sounds deluded.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:50 AM, naraku360 said:

Sounds?

On 9/30/2018 at 12:12 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Ben has always sounded deluded, where've you been.

Insults are the last resort of a tired mind that knows it has lost.

7 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Then later on they get organized and there is a dedicate group to clearing the game.  People that aren't cut out for it just do their best to make a life in the game, since they don't know when or if they will ever come out.

Well that one guild was kind of too dumb to live, lol, going for the obvious treasure chest trap.

There are whole guilds that specialize in clearing the game that are skilled.  You clearly forgot large portions of the show.

Why, because you can't do it?

Yet they don't succeed and Kirito has to clear it for the.... after having quit for several months. And none of them are as good as him regardless.

Why? No, it's not "because I can't do it." It's because that's not how hacking works. It's impossible. If it were possible, someone would have done it on the first day and nobody would have died.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Never heard of any of those shows.  Naw you just don't realize it.  Also you are the first to say Kirito ISN'T a genius super prodigy.  At least you recognize that what he is good at isn't THAT big a deal.

Deleted first part of post because it was needlessly mean...

Kaiji is pretty well known, as is Liar Game. All of those are about smart people playing complicated games against smart people.

Jfc. He's supposed to be a genius prodigy. Except he's an idiot. That's not a point in your favor. He's just a badly written genius prodigy.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

138.  120 is classified as genius.  I'm sure it would be even higher if I tested again now.  The fact is I just operate on a higher level than most people.  But it's also a lonely existence, with so few intellectual peers for me to interact with.  Thankfully my buddy Espiga matches me fairly well in intelligence.  Some of my other friends are kinda' normies though.

You do know IQ tests are arbitrary numbers and don't say much about intelligence, right?

• Thanks 1

So Ben.... the reason why my first guess as to your condition was Bipolar is because you do display some of the traits of a condition called "Bipolar disorder with psychotic features." Now that you have confirmed that you are indeed Bipolar there are a couple of unfortunate things I have to break to you....

People with this condition often have auditory and visual hallucinations or have delusional beliefs. One of the most common delusional beliefs is that you possess special powers. In your case, the "beyond genius level" intelligence.

The second main thing is thinking that everyone is jealous of your special powers. I can't say for sure but I'm doubtful that anyone is actively jealous of you or your abilities. Or that due to this jealousy, people are out to get you or hold you back.

Remember when you left a drawing on your lunch table and a Mexican janitor threw it away, and you were for some reason angry at the janitor and wanted to destroy half of Mexico or something along those lines? It's that kind of skewed logical thinking that makes people concerned.

Now this may just be a good old fun conversation about anime, but your inability to logic and reason is making me concerned here. If you're not on the appropriate medications for your particular kind of Bipolar disorder things could get pretty rough. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Daos said:

Remember when you left a drawing on your lunch table and a Mexican janitor threw it away, and you were for some reason angry at the janitor and wanted to destroy half of Mexico or something along those lines? It's that kind of skewed logical thinking that makes people concerned.

I'd have brought up the example of him swearing vengeance against Pizza Hut over a bad coupon, but yeah, that.

Edited by PokeNirvash