UnevenEdge

Who has seen the new avengers?

Guest The Hound

Guest The Hound
3 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Not me. I already know all the spoilers though.

that happened to me too

then i actually said fuck it and asked people who already seen it, like realshit - hey what happened? and they told me.

then i went and saw it finally

lol

1 minute ago, Nabloom said:

I'm not amused either because it is so telegraphed that he'll be back about two hours into the next one. 

They only killed him off because he's a teenager in the reboot they made for the Avengers. They set Groot up as a teenager and killed him off too. It's like they're trying to scare the younger generation into keeping their heads down.

I went and saw it yesterday. I figured screw it, this way nothing anyone says will be 'spoiler' anymore. 

I already have a couple of theories going on how things will be righted considering all the people who could have done something are fitzed right now. I'll have to wait to see though. 

3 minutes ago, Lasty said:

They only killed him off because he's a teenager in the reboot they made for the Avengers. They set Groot up as a teenager and killed him off too. It's like they're trying to scare the younger generation into keeping their heads down.

You sound like this cop who was telling me that The Walking Dead is a government conspiracy to normalize killing your friends and neighbors 

1 hour ago, Lasty said:

A lot of the older characters died too though.  Yeah Peter Parker and Groot are young but the others aren't.

Peter Quill is just a little younger than me and he died.  It doesn't really matter anyway.  They'll find a way to bring them all back soon enough.

5 hours ago, Nabloom said:

You sound like this cop who was telling me that The Walking Dead is a government conspiracy to normalize killing your friends and neighbors 

TWD is about survival to me. Hard choices and such in a world that has a lot more hard choices for the characters to make. I just thought it was interesting that both of the teenage characters died and they didn't bother to set up at least a third who lived through Thanos's finger snap of infinity or wtf ever.

25 minutes ago, Lasty said:

TWD is about survival to me. Hard choices and such in a world that has a lot more hard choices for the characters to make. I just thought it was interesting that both of the teenage characters died and they didn't bother to set up at least a third who lived through Thanos's finger snap of infinity or wtf ever.

So if this movie is trying to scare the youth audience to keep their heads down in life, then is the subsequent movie where they all undie teaching the youth to keep their heads up? What's the point of all that then

12 minutes ago, Nabloom said:

So if this movie is trying to scare the youth audience to keep their heads down in life, then is the subsequent movie where they all undie teaching the youth to keep their heads up? What's the point of all that then

Nothing. People need heroes to look up to in a world that doesn't actually have any.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, The Hound said:

Theyll get the gauntlet off thanos some how, then undo all the dmg, then destroy the stones.

Time stone. 

And part of my theory is that the last two stones aren't even touching the gauntlet leaving them open to being remotely influenced by a certain someone's preprogramming. 

A lot of this movie seems to go on Dr. Strange said only one outcome came of them winning to moot obvious solutions. As with Why didn't Strange just use the time gem to keep trying to remove the gauntlet, why didn't strange just open a portal and cut off Thanos' hand like he did with the one guy earlier in the film, why couldn't Thanos just resurrect Gamora like he has done with Loki, why didn't Black Panthers men keep the advantage of the high ground after opening the shield, Why did Black Panthers Sister even pretend that she could attach 2 Trillion Neurons in any amount of time and criticize Banner for not doing it in the first place. If they did one neuron every second it would take 63,419 years and 6 months to do what she proposed, Wasn't Thanos' motive to conquer and destroy as we had established with Drax and Mantis both being the last of their respective race after Thanos destroyed their home worlds, Why did Drax, Mantis, and Groot turn to dust when the goal was to just kill half of all life on each planet, Unless it counts as the planet you are currently standing on and not the planet you originally come from, Did Widow literally dye her hair to look less like Scarlet Witch, Thor's weapons are made of a metal ore called Uru which has even been experimented with by Tony, the metal doesn't need a star powered forge which was an over sized easy bake oven in terms of just having pre-made molds. 

On 5/15/2018 at 4:13 PM, KN said:

I thought it was pretty interesting until the hamfisted ending.

It had zero emotional impact to me because it was obvious they aren't going to kill off all those franchises.

I disagree with you on the ending being hamfisted.

Forced? Yes. I'll give you that, they kinda forced it on us. Even then, they didn't really cheat.

I DO 100% agree with you that they aren't going to kill those franchises. Yes, that's true. It was the same in the comics, though. They did the EXACT SAME in the comics, but didn't really kill them off.

I don't think the ending was hamfisted. 

I actually think it was a bold move to have Thanos win it all at the end. 

And while, yes, I knew the deaths caused by the Finger Snap would be reversed, I look at it from the characters' perspectives.  Seeing those around you disintegrate or being disintegrate yourself was still poignant unless you went full Comic Book Guy on the film.

I'll point out that the two that got me were Groot's (James Gunn said his last "I am Groot" was him saying "Dad..." to Rocket) and Spiderman's (seeing this teenager, just a boy really, knowing that he was about to disintegrate into dust and clinging to Stark for comfort).

On 5/20/2018 at 4:47 AM, Meilag32 said:

I don't think the ending was hamfisted. 

I actually think it was a bold move to have Thanos win it all at the end. 

And while, yes, I knew the deaths caused by the Finger Snap would be reversed, I look at it from the characters' perspectives.  Seeing those around you disintegrate or being disintegrate yourself was still poignant unless you went full Comic Book Guy on the film.

I'll point out that the two that got me were Groot's (James Gunn said his last "I am Groot" was him saying "Dad..." to Rocket) and Spiderman's (seeing this teenager, just a boy really, knowing that he was about to disintegrate into dust and clinging to Stark for comfort).

All of that and Okoye watching her king disappear. That would have made me cry going into this expecting a normal happy or bittersweet ending. I guess I should be grateful to the idgits who wouldn't shut up about it being Marvel's Empire Strikes Back like that doesn't give a big fucking hint about how shit's going down. Luckily I saw it two weeks ago and didn't hear anything spoilery besides that.