UnevenEdge

Is whole wheat pizza crust a thing?

Doom Metal Alchemist

As we all know, pizza is fucking delicious, but so unhealthy. Apparently eating a sandwich on whole wheat bread is a great deal healthier than eating the same sandwich on white bread... so what about whole-wheat pizza crust? It would be like eating a ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread... but it's pizza! I think...?

• Like 1

“Unhealthy” foods can have a place, and be made not so unhealthily. There’s nothing bad about the sauce really. Cheese can be considered healthy if you don’t overeat. Esp if it’s from grass fed cows. It’s got calcium which is one of the harder to find minerals in food. W/whole wheat flour, now you’re getting b vitamins, folate, betaine, vitamin e, and some of pretty much every mineral you need. Olive oil = even more vitamin e.

healthy pizza choice:

Cheese from grass fed cows

Natural sauce w/o artificial ingredients

whole wheat flour

olive oil instead of vegetable oil

keep sodium levels minimal

load up the veggy toppings and u have something pretty good for you

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

As we all know, pizza is fucking delicious, but so unhealthy. Apparently eating a sandwich on whole wheat bread is a great deal healthier than eating the same sandwich on white bread... so what about whole-wheat pizza crust? It would be like eating a ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread... but it's pizza! I think...?

i prefer 9 Grain pizza crust, and a large glass of metamucil 

I've bought whole wheat pizza dough and multi grain pizza dough from the grocery store before.  The whole wheat one is better, but it does change the taste of the pizza and I'm not sure I like it.  Plus if I'm eating pizza, the health benefits of changing out the dough are probably minimal, at least for me.

Multi-grain pizza dough made a good pull-apart bread, though.