UnevenEdge

IPB Update

K_N

Currently have a test forum set up.

Converting users works perfectly.

Converting all the posts to IPB takes about 13 hours per try, and it's not working completely right now, so it's a little slow going until I figure out why.

Once I've confirmed posts get converted properly, we'll start the plan to move the forum.

Stay tuned.

Guest The Hound

I've got the theme from the last gen of lithum made, and 04-07 made.

I need some pics if anyone's got them of any other color schemes we had on lithium.

I just tried to set something up:

Field 'topic_solved' doesn't have a default value

File: /var/www/unevenedge.com/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Boards.php

Line: 822

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.13, while your database is at version 2.0.12. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

And *that's* why we're switching to IPB.

Field 'topic_solved' doesn't have a default value

File: /var/www/unevenedge.com/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Boards.php

Line: 822

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.13, while your database is at version 2.0.12. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

someone uses apache

Ok SwimModSponges[/member] because I couldn't create a new folder just yet, I gave you exclusive access to one of the folders I shut down.

That should be enough for you to copy your work into threads before the conversion, and then we can move it all into a new public fanfic folder after the upgrade.

A couple other people had posted writings too, but I'm guessing if they really want to save their work, they have functioning computers to do so.

dr mario practices "leave no trace" principles.

here's a question that's probably already been answered. did anyone, at any point before the original original boards died, ever pull a backup of user stats or anything? ipb seems (from my complete lack of investigation into the matter) flexible enough that it could possibly import more data than previous replacement boards...

dr mario practices "leave no trace" principles.

here's a question that's probably already been answered. did anyone, at any point before the original original boards died, ever pull a backup of user stats or anything? ipb seems (from my complete lack of investigation into the matter) flexible enough that it could possibly import more data than previous replacement boards...

Are we still going with the whole "this isn't a ASMB fan/resurrection board"?(that's what Luuv always said but I'm not sure what the stance is now) If so, I would think we shouldn't do that anyway.

There are certain boards (see: Rants) that would certainly benefit from a hard reset. But I don't think I'd be happy about deleting everything, including all of JMC's own posts, and sponges would be not amused that he tediously copied all of his fanfics only to lose them anyways.

What I don't understand is why they haven't responded to KN yet.

Are we still going with the whole "this isn't a ASMB fan/resurrection board"?(that's what Luuv always said but I'm not sure what the stance is now) If so, I would think we shouldn't do that anyway.

not really. what i was getting at, is that there are people who wanted to roll over stats. i know if i had dedicated 50k posts to an old iteration of the boards, i'd like there to be some recognition of that great feat.

yes, i know it's not some "great feat" but to certain users it is. i don't really care either way. but it would be interesting to at least know what our old stats were before the sudden death.

There are certain boards (see: Rants) that would certainly benefit from a hard reset. But I don't think I'd be happy about deleting everything, including all of JMC's own posts, and sponges would be not amused that he tediously copied all of his fanfics only to lose them anyways.

What I don't understand is why they haven't responded to KN yet.

Yeah, the Luuv posts would be a shame to lose.....Anything else is whatever. 

• K_N locked this topic