UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

It will catch up with him in the playoffs when they don't give players calls like it's Halloween candy.

He probably cares more about the MVP award anyway so I don't think he'll mind clocking out early and letting Kawhi or someone go home with the Finals MVP.

just when i was starting to get into basketball this had to happen

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609318-jusuf-nurkics-leg-injury-diagnosed-as-a-fracture-out-at-least-2-weeks

im done.

Well hey they still might drag themselves into the playoffs without a decent center, then if he recovers quickly and stays healthy he might be able to rule the paint swatting them to an upset over the Warriors...

Okay, only one of those things is remotely probable.

Well hey they still might drag themselves into the playoffs without a decent center, then if he recovers quickly and stays healthy he might be able to rule the paint swatting them to an upset over the Warriors...

Okay, only one of those things is remotely probable.

i only want the playoffs if nurkic can come back healthy.

without him we have absolutely no chance against golden state. still a small chance against them even with nurk.

i kinda doubt we make the playoffs now.

i know we are going to lose but i really like how strong the blazers been looking with nurkic.

win or lose im pretty optimistic about our future.

I like you three best guards a lot, though that's a lot of money locked up in three very similar players.

Not even gonna mention Evan Turner, other than I​ am legit upset at how CJ probably killed any possibility of Portland and Memphis ever swapping their terrible contracts out of desperation by correctly stating that Chandler Parsons is terrible.

I like you three best guards a lot, though that's a lot of money locked up in three very similar players.

Not even gonna mention Evan Turner, other than I​ am legit upset at how CJ probably killed any possibility of Portland and Memphis ever swapping their terrible contracts out of desperation by correctly stating that Chandler Parsons is terrible.

not sure how a trade would have gone down that would have benefited both camps.both sides would have just swapped overpaid contracts with our side getting screwed more this year. matching brooklyns high offer for crabbe, and signing turner at that price was a mistake. not sure how this summer will play out but getting rid of turner, crabbe, and leonard should be the highest priority. followed by making the most out of our 3 first round draft picks.

i'll be honest, this season felt like a major disappointment until we stole nurk. seeing just how well the team gells with him gives me hope. playoffs or not, im happy with how bright the future looks. 

Looks like the Trail Blazers just squandered their last chance for a win before next season.

R.I.P. city indeed.

we seriously did not care for those last 2 games.

for gods sake we have meyers leonard out the in the final minutes!

why the hell didnt we sign a center for the 10 days?

whatever, bring on the warriors. hope for the best, nurk comes back and makes the series more competitive.

as for the other games, on the west i got money on grizzlies, jazz, and rockets.

for the east i pick, celtics, cavs, raptors, and wizards.

Western Conference predictions

Warriors over Blazers, Lillard has multiple 45 point games in horrible losses

Grizzlies over Spurs in 7 excruciating games no one will watch

Jazz over Clippers, because Clippers

Westbrook over Rockets who inexplicably shoot 27% on 55 threes per game

Eastern conference wishful thinkings

Bucks over Raptors, just hilarious

Washington over Hawks who literally forget to show up

Celtics over Bulls despite Rondo playing all 48 minutes of every blowout loss and averaging a triple double stat line of 11-10-12

Pacers over Cavs in 4, largely due to peak Paul George, basement Kevin Love, and Lance Stephenson hitting a game winner in game 1 then somehow baiting LeBron into being ejected from game 2 and suspended for games 3 and 4.

we seriously did not care for those last 2 games.

for gods sake we have meyers leonard out the in the final minutes!

why the hell didnt we sign a center for the 10 days?

whatever, bring on the warriors. hope for the best, nurk comes back and makes the series more competitive.

Warriors in 4.

Well, apparently Tony Allen is out indefinitely with an injury from the last game of the regular season...Which idk why he wasn't sitting out that game for rest, but whatever. The Spurs will probably win.

Rudy Gobert was injured like 15 seconds into game one. The Clippers will probably still lose.

memphis looked really bad holy crap. they had only scored 5 points wih 5 minutes left in the fourth. they were outplayed by the reserves.

and outside of cp3, the rest of the clippers are garbage. too bad for the jazz that they lost gobert.

didnt watch the other games but pacers got close from what it looks and bucks kicking ass.

Doc Rivers made me laugh out loud in the post game interview.

Gets asked if Clippers should've tried to run out the clock before taking a shot to tie the game

"Why would anyone do that? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. If you're down 2 at the end of the game you try to score. That's it. If you can score in one second you do it"

Didnt watch the game but saw Memphis' coach went off at the referees last night, at a glance Kawhi shooting 19 free throws and San Antonio as a team shooting 30-something vs 15 for all of Memphis looks crazy.

yeah good on him to point that out. hes probably going to get fined for that but hes right.

that some straight up bias going on.

StarPanda[/member] washington? they challenged cleveland during the regular season, no?

all i know is that i might have to start watching the bucks. this giannis kid has made enough highlights to convince me.

i dunno how im gonna watch them.

but i might have to.

heres hoping the bucks, wizards, raptors, or bulls can get it done but im not holding my breath.

the east continues to be all around horrible. i really thought boston was going to challenge them. i still think they are the best positioned team for the near future.

and congrats to memphis. i didnt watch the game but holy crap they started both randolph and carter!?  in 2017!

Hidden[/member] that's regular season, playoffs usually those teams don't do as well, remember the hawks last year swept the cavs in thevery regular season and just won 1 or 2 games against Bron

Also definitely that kid the Greek freak is killing it so strong, athletic  plays hard man he could become another shaq

Hidden[/member] that's regular season, playoffs usually those teams don't do as well, remember the hawks last year swept the cavs in thevery regular season and just won 1 or 2 games against Bron

Also definitely that kid the Greek freak is killing it so strong, athletic  plays hard man he could become another shaq

well you know what they say...Cavs in the regular season are garbo >:D

i do know the distinction between regular season and playoff games though..its just that washington has been doing well, but i guess we'll see.

yea i think the best part about giannis is that hes not a clunky big man...porzingis is an example of a clunky bigman; kinda slow on his feet, moves with this gait that suggests his legs will shatter into pieces if he moves too fast, etc...even the big men in the league who are reputed to be excellent ball handlers dont compare to this kid, i believe.

hes so quick.

well you know what they say...Cavs in the regular season are garbo >:D

i do know the distinction between regular season and playoff games though..its just that washington has been doing well, but i guess we'll see.

yea i think the best part about giannis is that hes not a clunky big man...porzingis is an example of a clunky bigman; kinda slow on his feet, moves with this gait that suggests his legs will shatter into pieces if he moves too fast, etc...even the big men in the league who are reputed to be excellent ball handlers dont compare to this kid, i believe.

hes so quick.

lebron is coasting during the regular season. he doesnt care much about it. but come playoff time he always turns it up a notch and becomes the best player in the league.

and the greek freak is the real deal!