UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

warriors losing would be hilarious. funnier than last year.

If the Warriors don't even get out of the west I'm going to laugh so much.

The Spurs slaying Memphis, Houston, and Golden State will be legendary. At that point even if LeBron wins he looks like shit. Beating the Pacers and Raptors. As far as I'm concerned this is the Finals

injuries injuries injuries injuries...jesus fucking christ. its like im watching the knicks.

will there ever be a spurs/warriors game where we can see the full starting line-up actually play.

dont get me wrong..i had no doubt that the warriors would catch up..but it just got boring once kawahi left and GS started to have more of a free game.

Lol im actually salty about that loss..i feel they absolutely wouldve had that game if kawahi was in..once he left the defense dwindled..GS started to get all these free shots. so bad.

i didnt think anyone was talking about pachulias feet.

from what i remember of the replay, it looked like kawahi just landed weirdly..but i havent seen it since the game.

i didnt think anyone was talking about pachulias feet.

from what i remember of the replay, it looked like kawahi just landed weirdly..but i havent seen it since the game.

He landed weirdly because he landed on one of Pachulia's feet.

That said, I don't think Pachulia could've done that on purpose without it looking blatantly obvious to everyone.

Yeah I feel like zaza is too clumsy to have gotten done that intentionally without looking and it happened pretty fast, but the unnecessary extra step he took to get under Kawhi after he already shot the ball does look really bad when you watch it a few times.

If he had been defending Kawhi that dangerously throughout the game I might be more inclined to think it was intentional but I think it was just carelessness.

Lol im actually salty about that loss..i feel they absolutely wouldve had that game if kawahi was in..once he left the defense dwindled..GS started to get all these free shots. so bad.

For sure it was a pretty upsetting loss. They don't win on a Curry shit shot in the last few seconds with Kawhi in the game.

Popovich going in on Zaza for his history of playing like an asshole, calling it manslaughter.

wow.

ah. well i did just see the rant.

i struggle to see it as intentional, but i hear what pop is saying about the illegal movement though?...i dunno, man.

I blame the Warriors and the entire Eastern conference/the existence of conferences

True...I also blame the buddy-buddy atmosphere between players making plans in the off-season to create a lopsided league....I think it goes back to that big 3 in Miami...the league hasn't been the same.

True...I also blame the buddy-buddy atmosphere between players making plans in the off-season to create a lopsided league....I think it goes back to that big 3 in Miami...the league hasn't been the same.

the warriors organizatany put a great team together the last 3 years. before they added durant the warriors had a team that broke the bulls regular season record.  i blame durant for tipping the scales so heavily in their favor. the nba probably should have stepped in and blocked the trade just like they blocked cp3 from going to the lakers a couple years back. 

lebron is simply the best player in the league. weak east or not,  any team that features lebron is gonna go far in the playoffs. and in the last 7 seasons its been all lebron in the finals.  at this point we just have to wait a few years till he starts to decline but in the meantime he will continue to dominate.

i agree that the playoffs have been really boring and the nba needs to do something to try and spice things up.

the existence of conferences

I don't see how a lack of conferences would change anything.

The two teams that mattered would still be the Cavs and Warriors and they'd still meet in the Finals, making every other team and playoff series meaningless from the start.

I don't see how a lack of conferences would change anything.

The two teams that mattered would still be the Cavs and Warriors and they'd still meet in the Finals, making every other team and playoff series meaningless from the start.

i think it would make things a little bit more interesting but youre right, the power vacuum is too big right now. i just dont see a change in the immediate future.

Idk man I think those west teams could upset the cavs

This, no conferences means the Cavs are not a 50 win team because they don't get to play all the shitty Eastern conference teams 4x a year. They probably finish with like the 6th best record at best, probably worse than that. LeBron doesn't go to the Finals 10 years in a row ​playing teams significantly better than East low-seeds in the first three rounds, so there'd be a better chance of seeing two great Western conference teams in the championship series rather than having to go through each other from the very first round onward just to get there with no margin for error and being virtually doomed by any mild injury to a key player in the first round.

Even if the end result of Cavs-Warriors three years in a row was same, which seems extremely unlikely, at least there would be better matchups on the way and fewer teams with absolutely no shot being allowed in while good teams in the West are kept out.

I mean the Warriors are pretty much going to be winning every series they play for awhile regardless of what happens, if they didn't have to play Memphis, San Antonio, Houston, LAC, Utah, etc twice as much as they had to play Orlando, Brooklyn, NY, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc they probably would have cleared 73 wins this season. So they're kind of in their own league. But at least they'd have a bigger field of potential Finals matchups than just the Cavs every year, if there weren't conferences.

As funny as it would be if Golden State loses again, I can't support LeBron inflating his ring count by hiding in the East.

Warriors in less than 7.

Also I predict designated goon Dahntay Jones does something heinous to troll Draymond Green into reacting and getting himself suspended.

as always, want the warriors to lose because itd be funny, and all the people who werent warriors fans in the 2000s and earlier when they were a garbage, off the radar team can have their egos shit on. again.

but im going with what kenny smith said the other day...they took the cavs to 3-1 without durant...now they have him.

*shrug*

As funny as it would be if Golden State loses again, I can't support LeBron inflating his ring count by hiding in the East.

That's not LeBron's fault...Anyways, this thing's going to go 7 unless Green or that other goon from the Warrior's start undercutting key Cavalier 3-point shooters while shooting.