UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

I want Westbrook to win MVP because they're not going to give it to Kawhi under any circumstances and Harden shouldn't be rewarded for his style of play.

How many games did he make more free throws than field goals? How many games (like tonight) did he have twice as many made free throws as made field goals.

And holy shit the last six minutes of that Jazz game dragged on forever. Fully expecting free agent Chris Paul to bail on this team after the Clippers finish up with their annual playoff implosion. What is there to stick around for? The next Blake injury, Jamal Crawford falling down on defense, DeAndre missing every 4th quarter free throw, Austin Rivers' evolution?

Barkley said it...i feel bad for westbrook, man.

he really did everything..its not even like he has a bad team..they just arent as good as they need to be to help the man carry.

2nd or 3rd best player in the league. easy. and yes mvp.

they just arent as good as they need to be to help the man carry.

No team could ever be that good.

Westbrook makes his teammates worse with his style of play.

He's too much of a ballhog but he needs to be in order to be Westbrook.

The Thunder are just never going to be a title contender when their team is focused around him. No team could be.

but this years westbrook isnt as selfish. i didnt see every regular season game, but from what ive seen and been told hes not as bad as he used to be.

the team does better when he passes apparently..i think it was the game before the most recent where he went vintage westbrook and didnt pass in the fourth quarter..played like garbage.

next game (or quarter?..i forget when it was, whatever) he plays as he has been and the team does well.

so i dunno. the ballhogging is a bad habit which unfortunately still exists when he gets carried away, but he just needs a teammate. a durant.

having said that, nothings wrong with steven adams. Leon[/member]

so i dunno. the ballhogging is a bad habit which unfortunately still exists when he gets carried away, but he just needs a teammate. a durant.

Leon[/member]

I'm not basing this on anything concrete but I'm pretty sure when he Westbrook'd the Thunder out of the playoffs last year vs the Warriors it caused Durant to leave. And maybe Durant just wanted to join an irl video game team anyway and would've left even if Westbrook had played better and didn't go full Westbrook at the end of close games and they still happened to lose to Golden State, but the way it happened probably made that decision a lot easier.

I'm not basing this on anything concrete but I'm pretty sure when he Westbrook'd the Thunder out of the playoffs last year vs the Warriors it caused Durant to leave. And maybe Durant just wanted to join an irl video game team anyway and would've left even if Westbrook had played better and didn't go full Westbrook at the end of close games and they still happened to lose to Golden State, but the way it happened probably made that decision a lot easier.

yea...thats shitty.

Great Raptors meltdown that almost cost them the game. Those turnovers.

Memphis looks good in the 1st Q, just can't finish at the rim. They're saying Tony Allen will be out for four more weeks which is depressing. At least losing to San Antonio will be a nice bookend for this Grizzlies incarnation, if it happens, and I'm glad Chandler Parsons isn't out there stealing minutes from Vince Carter or literally anyone else.

Kawhi is a destroyer

Conley is like magic

I almost predicted Rondo's bare minimum triple double stat line for the series (ie the two games he played)

Kept expecting him to play again at some point even with a broken thumb and somehow drag his ridiculously horrible team to the second round.

The legend of Playoff Rondo continues to grow.

lol washington..come on now.

and am i the only one who doesnt want the rockets to win the series? just so we can be spared the 3-point shootout that will be houston vs golden state?

I am hoping they lose for that exact reason, in addition to just not liking Harden and that team, + liking Kawhi and the Spurs.

Plus the faint possibility of a Rockets-Cavs Finals just makes me feel sick.

At halftime I stopped watching game one in disgust

David West is such a good passer. He was the highlight of the Warriors game for me.

Gordon Hayward is a player I don't know anything about and haven't ever watched. Is he that bad of a bad shooter or was he just scared? They had so many chances to make it a game in the second half and just couldn't make a shot.

Warriors winning every series on their opponent's court would be hilarious

Every crowd full of Warriors fans even when they're on the road.

What a ridiculous team.

I think I'm more interested in seeing a Spurs vs Cavs Finals rematch but I also don't want Cleveland to repeat, and that series would be a recipe for LeBron mega evolving into last year's 40 point triple double Finals monster, so Warriors winning the west would be cool too.

I know it was just a game against the Jazz and as much as I love watching Draymond Green visibly yell "FUCK YOU BITCH" to the referee who just gave him a tech while on the bench... Cause for a little bit of concern that maybe he hasn't learned his lesson from last year's Finals about not doing stupid shit that could get him thrown out and hurt the team.

Idk what his technical foul count is at right now but being Draymond, he can't be that far away from the automatic suspension threshold. He easily could've gotten two last night.

Exactly I like greens intensity but dude needs to tone it down a bit. This is where coach Kerr comes in and tells him to slow his roll.

Cabs sweep while wizards and celtics battle it out

And I believe we will see a 7 game series between Houston and San Antonio

i just dont want durant to win. not like this but this really looks like their year.

i dont think cleveland can stand in their way this time.

He had to do what he had to do to try and get that ring.

Idk.man until they beat the cavs and win than I'll believe it

But first the spurs or rockets

warriors losing would be hilarious. funnier than last year.

spurs-houston was a good game. that block.

as much as we all would like that you know this is their year and they will be title contenders for the years after that.

the east still looking like it has to go through lebron for at least another 2-3 years until he finally declines.

If there weren't conferences or if there wasn't a consistently shitty conference and a consistently great one I could get wanting LeBron to win again this year. But as is it's just not fair to every great player and team in the real conference that he gets a free pass to the Finals every year for a decade.

I mean, it's not fair that the Warriors got to sign Durant last year either when they were already the best team ever by regular season record, but at least they still have to play the best teams in the league more than twice a year.

Unlike LeBron, who gets to feast on the worst of the worst all season long and the best of the worst on his way to the Finals.

That was the most fun I've had watching a game in a long time.

The Spurs reserves had it wrapped up by halftime, at that point you just knew they were going to win by 40 instead of Houston coming back from being down 20.

Was hoping Harden would put up another cripple double, but 6 fouls is a respectable bad stat too. Spurs guarding him with their hands straight up in the air to avoid his foul drawing moves was hilarious.

Fuck James Harden forever

Spurs vs Warriors kicks off tomorrow

and celtics and wizards battle it out on a game 7 just to loose to LeBron

Personally I would much rather see Wall and Beal play 45 minutes a game trying to fuck the Cavs up on their own than watch Isaiah Thomas and his team of mediocre role players struggle to not get blown out four straight times.

Though it would be kind of interesting to see just what Thomas would do in that situation. Keep passing to shooters he shouldn't trust? Give it to Horford in the post 30 times a game? Go full Westbrook and put it all on himself?