UnevenEdge

My friend in Florida texted me.

1938 Packard

Somebody I knew since high school.  The same person who mailed a Hunter Thomson book to me.  The same person who asked me to occasionally check in on his mother in Margate when she was sick. 

People who know me off this board know me better than you do.

None of these allusions to prior stories is familiar to me.  What I DO know is you're a senior citizen with a lot of yarns that seem embellished.

One person I know down there just made it back to Illinois today.  Another may be going to try riding it out.  My Mom's stuff is still in storage in Tampa, waiting for other movers that are coming this way (to fill the semi).  A lot of old wood furniture that was my grandparents & some of my Dad's stuff.

At least she's here & safe.  I'd be going crazy right now if she was still stuck down there by herself.

I survived Katrina.....I have no reason to bring that up other than to make your post relevant.

I could be misremembering things but didn't you tell me the only reason you got out is because you were drunk and some old fling called and begged you to move further inland.

I could be misremembering things but didn't you tell me the only reason you got out is because you were drunk and some old fling called and begged you to move further inland.

Eh, close.....My mom was begging me to come to my uncle's house where a lot of the family was going to ride the storm out......I just don't like crowds, so I was like nah......I mean the first I heard of the storm was the day it was supposed to drop.....Then she said my ex would be staying too, so I loaded up and went.......Glad I did because shit got real.