UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2017 THE DUMBENING

1pooh4u

The reason I am omitting the Thursday pick for this week is in case people are having any difficulties getting back into things on the new format.

I feel it is a bit more fair to limit to the Sunday/Monday games to give everyone a chance to get back and to get used to the new forum software.

Steelers finally showing their playoff form. Super hyped.

Definitely not a perfect game, missed tackles and such on D, but they showed heart and came back with sacks and picks. But damn big ben is slingin like a motherfucker too. The question now is can we stay healthy. If the answer is yes, then i do believe we'll be super bow champs.

• Like 1

I don't know about Superbowl champs, but Steelers looked strong last night. They could give any other AFC contender a run for their money.

I still think the Eagles are playing the best football in the league. The question is will Wentz handle the pressure of playoffs. Brady and Big Ben have all been there before...

19 hours ago, Ginguy said:

The reason I am omitting the Thursday pick for this week is in case people are having any difficulties getting back into things on the new format.

I feel it is a bit more fair to limit to the Sunday/Monday games to give everyone a chance to get back and to get used to the new forum software.

what a fine chap you are :D

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I don't know about Superbowl champs, but Steelers looked strong last night. They could give any other AFC contender a run for their money.

I still think the Eagles are playing the best football in the league. The question is will Wentz handle the pressure of playoffs. Brady and Big Ben have all been there before...

the real contenders imo are 

afc: steelers patriots cheifs jags and who the fuck knows (maybe darkhorse raiders?)

nfc is much more interesting rn: vikings eagles panthers rams saints cowboys and seahawks all look like they could make a run (with cards, redskins, lions still in the mix)

33 minutes ago, UncomfortableGoatee said:

afc: steelers patriots cheifs jags and who the fuck knows (maybe darkhorse raiders?)

nfc is much more interesting rn: vikings eagles panthers rams saints cowboys and seahawks all look like they could make a run (with cards, redskins, lions still in the mix)

Jags are just the best of a very weak division, I don't see them as real contenders unless their opponent looks past them.

Chiefs need more consistency, and the Pats need to quit getting flagged every other play (that is shitty league crap though, I'll bet Goodell is telling the refs to flag em), which really leaves the Steelers as the ones to beat in the AFC right now, if they stay healthy.

The NFC is easier; Eagles and Saints. Cowpies lost their RB because of his stupid selfishness, Vikings don't have enough in their offense or defense to win out over any of the other contenders, possibly next year if they draft well but not this year, Rams are too young, Seahawks are all busted up, and Cam is a fig newton, sawft and crumbling under pressure.

14 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Jags are just the best of a very weak division, I don't see them as real contenders unless their opponent looks past them.

Chiefs need more consistency, and the Pats need to quit getting flagged every other play (that is shitty league crap though, I'll bet Goodell is telling the refs to flag em), which really leaves the Steelers as the ones to beat in the AFC right now, if they stay healthy.

The NFC is easier; Eagles and Saints. Cowpies lost their RB because of his stupid selfishness, Vikings don't have enough in their offense or defense to win out over any of the other contenders, possibly next year if they draft well but not this year, Rams are too young, Seahawks are all busted up, and Cam is a fig newton, sawft and crumbling under pressure.

i expect there to be some major upsets in post season. 

And as far as nfc, i think you cant count out the panthers experience deep in post season, and they defense is still nasty

19 minutes ago, UncomfortableGoatee said:

i expect there to be some major upsets in post season. 

And as far as nfc, i think you cant count out the panthers experience deep in post season, and they defense is still nasty

The only thing I would see as an upset would be Eagles losing in anything other than the NFC championship game.

The same kind of goes for the Pats and Steelers, who I expect to make it to the AFC Championship game.

Also, it can't be stated enough

ikdk9Q9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

The only thing I would see as an upset would be Eagles losing in anything other than the NFC championship game.

The same kind of goes for the Pats and Steelers, who I expect to make it to the AFC Championship game.

Also, it can't be stated enough

ikdk9Q9.jpg

lol

and i think redskins and cardinals have potential to upset

2 minutes ago, UncomfortableGoatee said:

lol

and i think redskins and cardinals have potential to upset

I don't see the Cards making the playoffs, and I doubt the Redskins will either. If either one does, they would be going in with major momentum, so the possibility of a wildcard round upset would be there.

21 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

I don't see the Cards making the playoffs, and I doubt the Redskins will either. If either one does, they would be going in with major momentum, so the possibility of a wildcard round upset would be there.

so much experience on that cards team. AP palmer and larry want rings so bad, i think they can get there, but it's gonna be a rough road. Winning against a healthy eagles rams and saints is gonna be hard as shit 

Edited by UncomfortableGoatee

Been awhile. As an Eagles fan the season has been unexpectedly enjoyable so far. And as a fan of roughly 15 years I still maintain the Eagles will do just well enough to disappoint, as is usually the case. That said, part of me can't help but feel optimistic at the moment. So while NFC East games are usually an unpredictable clusterfuck, I both hope and expect to thoroughly enjoy watching the Eagles destroy the neutered Cowboys tomorrow night. :D

On 11/17/2017 at 2:44 PM, UncomfortableGoatee said:

On 11/17/2017 at 2:44 PM, UncomfortableGoatee said:

On 11/17/2017 at 3:22 PM, Ginguy said:

great win for the steelers, even though i dont think the titans arent a good team despite their record, the win was impressive nonetheless the afc has been a little bit less exiting to be honest. early bird playoffs contenders like the raiders, chiefs, bills and broncos, have all fallen off the cliff. and the afc super bowl representatives this year are probably going to be the steelers or the pats again.

pats have bad defense and havent looked good in alot of their early games but they have looked like they been improving their last few games. defense is still a problem, you also gotta wonder how long can brady keep this up? either way you know they can win games and honestly i can only see them losing against the steelers at pittsburgh. with that said, you gotta think they are the clear favorites against everybody else in the afc and have very good odds of reaching the superbowl again. fuck.

the jags despite playing on a shitty division have a league wide top defense. they are ranked second in defensive dvoa only the rams rank higher. the jags offense is playing above average as well so they are better than you might think. the jags are the team the ravens want to be. titans do have a pretty easy remaining schedule and should be able to go 10-6 which i think will be enough for a wildcard. the raiders have 3 tough games remaining and they can only lose 1-2 of those games if they want a wildcard chance.the chiefs remaining schedule is cake and they should only lose one game at most. 

the nfc is much more exciting. eagles, rams, saints, and vikings are top 5 teams in dvoa and are playing like it. i know rams are young but that team is legit. and they should keep getting better. is it too late to jump on their bandwagon? fuck it im gonna adopt them as my second team. and the vikings are a very good example of  how to build an offensive system where the backup qb can run the offense and succeed. cardinals and seahawks have some serious issues that will hold them back. that said, russel wilson is elite. panthers and falcons belong in that wildcard potential. when the falcons are on they can hang with the best of them. panthers rely too much on cam to do everything for their offense. and cowboys had wildcard potential with zeke but now, thy will miss the playoffs. 

this week, rams/vikes, pats/raiders, falcons/hawks all have potential to be really good.

Edited by Distortedreasoning

14 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

If Eagles lose tonight Viper gets no sprinkles on his ice cream. xD

Personally I think the Eagles are taxing that Cowboy ass tonight. No Elliot, who is a difference maker. He's pretty much the reason the Chiefs lost when they played them. 

Elliot is a selfish fool. If he had just served his suspension the team would have been okay against the scrubs they were playing early on, and he would be there for them now when he is needed.

Instead he did decided to act the fool by blowing this thing up and dragging it out. Now the Cowpies don't have him when they need him.

LOL Giants.

Seriously though, wtf Bears showed up to play today.

Guest The Hound
56 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Personally I think the Eagles are taxing that Cowboy ass tonight. No Elliot, who is a difference maker. He's pretty much the reason the Chiefs lost when they played them. 

I hope you're fucking right. 

48 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

Lol Bills make a qb change Nathan petterman has 5 interceptions 

Every time teams change QBs, they lose that game.

Also, Bears suck. Seriously, missing a chip shot FG like that. That is the kind of thing the Browns do.

Just now, Ginguy said:

I just want to watch the Raiders lose. xD

They're very good at that, this game was never really close. Can't wait to see my Eagles get their chance to pick them apart Christmas Night.

At least the Denver game has a competitive score right now.

1 minute ago, BUU8800 said:

They're very good at that, this game was never really close. Can't wait to see my Eagles get their chance to pick them apart Christmas Night.

At least the Denver game has a competitive score right now.

That's true, the Denver game does have a close score, but mostly because both teams are kinda bad.

I don't know if it's rust coming off the bye or what but man we've played like garbage on offense so far outside the first drive. 2 turnovers and no points. That's unacceptable and we're probably gonna end up regretting squandering those chances. Insanely frustrating to watch.

That first half performance genuinely made me sick to my stomach. Such is being an Eagles fan, best record in the league coming off a bye and they play like this. This game isn't over, and even should we lose we're still looking fine, but man this is discouraging to watch. Gonna hafta force myself to watch the second half and hope they come out strong.

Edited by BUU8800

Well now that's better! That's how the whole game shoulda been instead of nearly giving me a stroke during that first half. I guess it was really just bye week rust. Thank fucking god. Worried about Elliott but yeah, feeling good heading into a home match-up against the Bears next week.

Edited by BUU8800

• panic locked this topic