UnevenEdge

I own over 140 video games that I've never played

K_N

Speaking of disposable income, what do you get for the man who has everything?

Personally I just like thoughtful gifts. My roommate decided to take me swimming at a beach a ways away because she knows I love the water, another friend drew something for me.

Power to you. I impulse buy food and bathing products like crazy. They're just cheaper usually..... depending.... idk, my frame of reference is bad for vidja games these days.

I have a serious problem with impulse buying honestly.

I make a very hefty sum and I still go broke a week before payday.

Marketing.

They totez know this and have us all by the balls (or hoohas respectively). From the bottom of the payscale to the top.

Haha I don't even watch commercials or anything I just seek out shit to spend money on.

Haha I don't even watch commercials or anything I just seek out shit to spend money on.

is this a thing that happens to all IT people? seriously, me and almost everyone i know has this same problem. we're all supposed to be "middle class" (i barely qualify, you overqualify) yet we're all as broke as the people working the checkout counters at the end of the month

is this a thing that happens to all IT people? seriously, me and almost everyone i know has this same problem. we're all supposed to be "middle class" (i barely qualify, you overqualify) yet we're all as broke as the people working the checkout counters at the end of the month

I think it's a fulfillment thing.

Other people work jobs that make them physically tired  - we get home and we're just mentally tired so we seek gratification.

How much money we talking? Because my services have potentially become available.

It would be more accurate to talk about my income in fractions of millions than any other denomination.

What is wrong with you people

I bought the vast majority of them for $5 or less during various Steam sales, or got them as part of Humble Bundles.  There are some freebies scattered in there too.  Honestly I'd be shocked to find a long-time Steam user who doesn't have a huge backlog.

I bought the vast majority of them for $5 or less during various Steam sales, or got them as part of Humble Bundles.  There are some freebies scattered in there too.  Honestly I'd be shocked to find a long-time Steam user who doesn't have a huge backlog.

That makes no sense.

And Steam is for poor folks who can't afford consoles.

i don't watch them either, commercials are the worst. i don't necessarily seek out things to buy that often either. it the whole, i'm out of this thing or that, so i go to buy more of it and end up blowing money on all this other extra shit. like when i'm out of beading wire for example. i'll make a run to the craft places for it and then suddenly i've spent 100$ on beads, leather cord, tools, and components. like wtf? there wont even be room for it so next thing i know i'm buying another case to organize it in.  -_' -_' -_' -_' -_' -_' -_'

i don't watch them either, commercials are the worst. i don't necessarily seek out things to buy that often either. it the whole, i'm out of this thing or that, so i go to buy more of it and end up blowing money on all this other extra shit. like when i'm out of beading wire for example. i'll make a run to the craft places for it and then suddenly i've spent 100$ on beads, leather cord, tools, and components. like wtf? there wont even be room for it so next thing i know i'm buying another case to organize it in.  -_' -_' -_' -_' -_' -_' -_'

Oh god I feel that so hard. I'll go to walmart to get some trash bags for the kitchen and leave with $120 in clothes, $60 in office stuff, $200 in cheap storage shit...

I think if I was rich again, I'd probably still be pretty frugal.  Though I would probably still buy a lot of videogames.  But I'd play em. 

I think my big obsessive thing would be trolling EBay for toys I had as a kid.

When I had my massive collection of games (38 consoles/300+ games) I admittedly would only play a handful of them regularly. The vast majority were just purchased, brought home, tested, and placed on the shelf to look pretty. I was like a crazy...cartridge lady.

Thankfully I'm not that bad in the games department. I think I've played every game I have although not every game has been played to completion. I never got into Steam or any online / download type things other than a couple of Candy Crushes and Bubble Witch for their mindlessness and time limits [i play until I'm out of lives and then I'm done] .

Books are another thing entirely. I think I have something like 600 that I haven't read yet sitting around here.

When I had my massive collection of games (38 consoles/300+ games) I admittedly would only play a handful of them regularly. The vast majority were just purchased, brought home, tested, and placed on the shelf to look pretty. I was like a crazy...cartridge lady.

I cant name 10 consoles not less 38.