UnevenEdge

Chester Bennington Hangs self at 41

Guest The Hound

Guest The Hound

Guess he'll be crawling in his skin in heaven now.

RIP

:(

I used to listen to them so much back in hybrid theory and meteora, and to this day I still rock those albums. I'm throwing a party at my house on saturday.... I know what Ill be adding to the spotify playlist now...

Guest The Hound

i read he was friends with chris cornell, poor guy.

used to love linkin park when i was like 7, even though i ragged on them a lot later on.

rip.

Jesus. 7? and I thought I was old.

Jk.

Sorry this is fucking me up. I was literally about to buy tickets to see them for the first time in a few days.

Guest Zintar

i read he was friends with chris cornell, poor guy.

used to love linkin park when i was like 7 and they were one of the first bands i got into, even though i ragged on them a lot later on.

rip.

He sang a song at Cornell's funeral service. Today is Cornell's birthday. Weird.

Jesus. 7? and I thought I was old.

Jk.

Sorry this is fucking me up. I was literally about to buy tickets to see them for the first time in a few days.

trl and mtv were all i watched after school since i was like 4.

really wonder how many more people we're gonna lose until people actually give a shit about mental illness.

From Linkin Park's lyrics, it should've been obvious that this would be the trajectory he'd go in, but it's been so long since Hybrid Theory and Meteora that I assumed he was in a good place. I guess if it can happen to Chris Cornell, then it's really hard to avoid a deep depression no matter what money you make, how long you're famous, or what offers you get.

Guest Zintar

wasn't he married too?

Cornell? Yes, he was married and had two young children (another kid too from his first marriage).

Guest The Hound

Cornell? Yes, he was married and had two young children (another kid too from his first marriage).

Culmination of this, and the album reviews and being on tour probably did it.

Or he just said fuck it and faked his death like I think many celebs do and disappeared.

Ill play with you on this one if you're down.

You are overthinking our relationship......Tell you what, I'll just say its sad and I meant no beef with you in this thread.  I know you have more important matters to deal with in your various endeavors and I'll be away soon so no reason to start a dialogue.

Guest The Hound

You are overthinking our relationship......Tell you what, I'll just say its sad and I meant no beef with you in this thread.  I know you have more important matters to deal with in your various endeavors and I'll be away soon so no reason to start a dialogue.

Go fuck yourself.

Next time some idiot you know dies I'll be sure to respond "cool".

Guest The Hound

From Linkin Park's lyrics, it should've been obvious that this would be the trajectory he'd go in, but it's been so long since Hybrid Theory and Meteora that I assumed he was in a good place. I guess if it can happen to Chris Cornell, then it's really hard to avoid a deep depression no matter what money you make, how long you're famous, or what offers you get.

I didn't expect this.

I expected a bounce back album where they returned to their roots.

Not this.

Guest The Hound

They probably were really close and he couldn't cope... so sad..

yea I teared up when I saw it on fb and immediately went to google to see if it was true and saw all the articles.

Guest Zintar

They probably were really close and he couldn't cope... so sad..

It is very sad. Depression and mental illness is a mother fucker. It's what took away one of my

younger brothers back during 2008. It's a hard thing to wrap your head around. Fucked me up good for a few years.

literally was gonna get tickets for when they came to my area....

That really sucks, I was gonna do the same when Cornell was gonna come around, it sucks more cuz this is not some distant artist that you never got to enjoy when they were current, it's different some how when it's an artist you follow and bought albums of as they were released.

You didn't?

Guest The Hound

That really sucks, I was gonna do the same when Cornell was gonna come around, it sucks more cuz this is not some distant artist that you never got to enjoy when they were current, it's different some how when it's an artist you follow and bought albums of as they were released.

Yep. I religiously listened to linkin and bought their first 3 albums as they came out.

I'm listening now on spotify and have since i heard the news.

Shit's fucking whack.

The worst part about all this is he tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it -- doesn't even matter. He had to fall, to lose it all. But in the end, it doesn't even matterrrr. I guess he'd become so numb that, everything anyone said to him just left him one step closer to the edge about to break. Like at a certain point he just couldn't feel the way he did before, time wouldn't heal his damage anymore, so this was the only way for him to not be ignored. His wounds, they would not heal so he broke the habit and now, hopefully, he's somewhere he belongs.

diphenyl oxalate[/member]

Guest The Hound

The worst part about all this is he tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it -- doesn't even matter. He had to fall, to lose it all. But in the end, it doesn't even matterrrr. I guess he'd become so numb that, everything anyone said to him just left him one step closer to the edge about to break. Like at a certain point time he just couldn't feel the way he did before, time wouldn't heal his damage anymore, so this was the only way for him to not be ignored. He broke the habit and now, hopefully, he's somewhere he belongs.

I'll give you this one.

Anyway, I wasn't much of an LP fan, so I'm not all that familiar with his life and times.  It's still sad whenever someone gets to the point where they take their lives, but now that I'm the same age, I suppose I've taken a more clinical approach to suicide.  RIP

Dam son I just saw this on my newsfeed wtf

Linkin Park was such a big part of my childhood and even tho I dont listen to them anymore this is shocking. Hanging himself dude was probably battling depression he could have handle things differently but what do we know

Rip

Dam son I just saw this on my newsfeed wtf

Linkin Park was such a big part of my childhood and even tho I dont listen to them anymore this is shocking. Hanging himself dude was probably battling depression he could have handle things differently but what do we know

Rip

I'm the same way.

Like, one of the best memories I share with my mom was back in 2003 when she first got her '98 Mustang GT, and BLASTING Hybrid Theory so loud over that Mach 460 sound system that our pant legs vibrated from the door speakers...

My friends always wanted us to give them a ride to school...  >:D

I liked Linkin Park for a few years back in my teens that I'm now deeply ashamed of, and I thought he made a poor replacement for Scott Weiland during that stint he did with Stone Temple Pilots.  Music views aside, I wouldn't wish depression on my worst enemy, and if he was that close with Chris Cornell, I can't imagine how hard that hit him.  Really feeling for his family right now.