UnevenEdge

supposedly starting july 5th Tumblr is censoring all posts with LGBT tags

mochi

apparently they decided youtube has the right Idea and will be adding a "safe mode" that cannot be turned off that blocks everything tagged "Gay" "Lesbian" or "Bisexual" :|

edit: apparently they've also been bought by verizon who are anti-net neutrality so that explains the sudden abandonment of freedom of speech and the sudden censorship

edit 2: tumblr has issued an apology

https://staff.tumblr.com/post/162178688374/safe-mode-update

apparently they decided youtube has the right Idea and will be adding a "safe mode" that cannot be turned off that blocks everything tagged "Gay" "Lesbian" or "Bisexual" :|

edit: apparently they've also been bought by verizon who are anti-net neutrality so that explains the sudden abandonment of freedom of speech and the sudden censorship

'Bout time I say.

I saw right after making the OP and edited it

guess it's time to find a new blogging site

Just wait a couple years.

Tumblr is a profit sink, so Verizon will sell it off just like Yahoo did and just like Karp did to yahoo before that.

This makes no sense. It will kill Tumblr as a social media platform

Ironically someone else I spoke to said that tumblr's Mobile App had been doing this as far back as 2013, they've just suddently decided to apply the anti-LGBT filter to the main version of the site too