UnevenEdge

Sweet Super Kami Dende they Doubledowned on Dragon Ball

Sketch

It's a brave new world now. They'll probably get 11pm for Samurai Jack and encore it at 8:30pm or even premiere it at 8:30pm with 11pm encores.

I feel like they're kind of blowing their load with this by airing both at the same time but I suppose airing Super as soon as possible is the priority here. I figured they'd just skip Buu if they had Super but I have once again underestimated how far they will go not to drop a show mid-run.

While it might be nice to see a show with a strong female lead back on Toonami, guess they're doubling down on dudebro shows. We'll see how well this works out, though...

Dbs will do fine

I hope Disney does well with anime and gets Sailor Moon because Disney, while more or less total cowards when it comes to LGBT stuff, have been trying hard to be more feminist, so they might air some anime with female leads someday

Doesn't Hulu still have that show on lockdown?

Also please keep it off Toonami.  Please.

they did....but then hulu did that whole "every show is a paid subscription" nonsense, and it seems to no longer be the case as the show is now also available on Yahoo view

they did....but then hulu did that whole "every show is a paid subscription" nonsense, and it seems to no longer be the case as the show is now also available on Yahoo view

Ok.

Still don't want it on broadcast TV.  Even if it's weird as hell seeing those ads while trying to watch say, Wrestling with Wregret.  I will say if the commercial voice is from the new dub, she sounds way better than the old one.

Ok.

Still don't want it on broadcast TV.  Even if it's weird as hell seeing those ads while trying to watch say, Wrestling with Wregret.  I will say if the commercial voice is from the new dub, she sounds way better than the old one.

the entire new dub cast is amazing

new dub

old dub

Stephanie Sheh > Megami33 >  Kotono Mitsuishi > Terri Hawkes > Linda Ballantyne

Never listened to Tracey Moore's version.

this is Tracey Moore.....she's actually similar to Stephanie Sheh, just less nasal, she only did Serena's voice for about 10 episodes

Well Toonami never fails to impress me, I can say that much.

Glad to see Buu Saga coming, at least we can finish off DBZ Kai right.

Not really thrilled at Super showing up.  Like, at all.  I still think it sucks and I'd prefer Toonami without it.  It'll get good ratings, though, and it got Toonami a slot expansion, it appears, so it's all good for now.

I think it's quite funny that yesterday we were all speculating that DBZ was done on Toonami! I ALSO think it's quite funny that on the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor we're all raving about this!

A day that will live in infamy.

Even the wildest of [WORD]chemist crackpot theories couldn't have predicted this. Both of these shows plus Gundam Unicorn are coming right at the start of the year, so Toonami must have improved managing their budget compared to last year. At this point, there's no telling how far they'll try to take the block.

A day that will live in infamy.

Even the wildest of [WORD]chemist crackpot theories couldn't have predicted this. Both of these shows plus Gundam Unicorn are coming right at the start of the year, so Toonami must have improved managing their budget compared to last year. At this point, there's no telling how far they'll try to take the block.

The amount of money Adult Swim is spending on action programming is astonishing at this point. I'd have to figure this dipped beyond the usual Toonami budget big time. Something only allowed because it's fark'n Dragon Ball and it prints money. They'll probably make an exception for Attack on Titan season 2 next year as well. It exciting to see Adult Swim go above and beyond for action though a bit less so since so much of their spending is just on Dragon Ball series.

Well Toonami never fails to impress me, I can say that much.

Glad to see Buu Saga coming, at least we can finish off DBZ Kai right.

Not really thrilled at Super showing up.  Like, at all.  I still think it sucks and I'd prefer Toonami without it.  It'll get good ratings, though, and it got Toonami a slot expansion, it appears, so it's all good for now.

I've heard nothing but negatives about Super

except for the Black Goku arc which was apperently good

I have to say what mostly everyone else is already saying which is that all of this happening so early into 2017 is a grand shock. I mean if it was just DragonBall Z Kai The Final Chapters replacing DBZ Kai with no Super/11:30 Slot expansion then it would be big news but all of this that we are really getting starting January 7th is kinda jaw dropping.

I am quite excited for the entire hour of huge Dragonball premieres (Which will surely be extremely successful for Toonami) plus Unicorn.

Oh please.

One Piece has more thought put into it than the entirety of Dragonball Z.

I mean, I like DBZ, but make no mistake it's the simple-man's anime. It literally provides nothing but fights. That's pretty brain-dead. And yes, while you may not agree with what I'm about to say, OP at least provides more than that. And before you twist my words in your horrible attempt to be witty (you know you're gonna try) let me stop you right there by saying it provides more GOOD stuff.

But feel free to respond in typical Jman fashion. I'll give the countdown... 3.... 2.... 1....