UnevenEdge

New Forum Information.

Guest The Hound

Guest The Hound

IBBabbling.com

Will be activated sometime Thursday and the domain name is subject to change.

https://discord.gg/8Frqw7n

--Site Support

-Rules & Information

-Open Forum

//Management

--Incoherent Babbling

- NSFW

- FBI Party Van

--Babbling

-Rants

-Politics

--Entertainment

-Gaming

-Anime/Mango

-Sports

-Toonami

Forums like IB and Babbling function as general forums that are for topics not covered by their specific sub-forums. Forums MAY AND WILL be added.

General Information

Sub-forums are subject to change as per request.

Open forum is a sub-forum dedicated to anyone posting an idea or suggestion - all threads in this sub-forum are basically polls, so a decision can be made to implement someone's idea - be it a new feature or a change in the forum layout/colors/background etc.

Bans are to be hopefully non-existent. Instead people simply will be denied access to the sub-forum they acted like a jackass in for a certain amount of time.

Downtimes will be planned and the board will be notified in advanced.

Each staff member will hold the same amount of power and I will be unable to ban people or suspend them. Certain staff members may have special permissions on specific sub-forums. But generally you ask me, and you shall receive.

Existing users we have issues with on here will be giving a fair chance and even certain accommodations will be made to specific users so they may vent and let out their emotions as they usually do - with the added benefit of generally pissing of those they typically trigger at less of a magnitude.

While I say I will be unable to ban people - this is sorta not the case. Bans are decided upon by the Forum itself. Not just staff members. IF it does happen, I will simply be the one pulling the trigger.

Any current existing staff on here may retain a position if they choose. Luuv isn't stupid with his picks in staff. I just don't believe he cares what we want as a group.

Rough Rules

The forum will be closed to guest. You must log in to view anything. But i will personally assist anyone with log-in and password issues by leaving a Skype text#, email, or even my actual number to message me. I will typically respond and fix your issue within 30 minutes provided I am not working or sleeping. Though if I'm working chances are I will still get to you within 30.

NSFW will contain all NSFW content minus the obvious being anything related to anti-lgbt, racism, and suicide avocation, death threats etc ~ that isn't in CLEAR CUT jest - anything else like sexism too, ya'll get the general idea. Trolling here is allowed provided you cut those no-nos out of it. Heavy abuse of these no-nos will result in a temporary blacklist from that sub-forum - and future similar endeavors will result in a voting period for a temporary global ban. (again this probably won't happen)

FBI Party Van will stand as a testament to all of the horrible thing's we say. Tl;dr it will mostly be content from users that hurts our head aka Zeni Tic etc.

Rants will follow the same rules as NSFW.

The rest of the forum all of the rules in NSFW apply - minus the trolling. Take it to rants or NSFW.

ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND MOST LIKELY WILL CHANGE A FEW TIMES WITHIN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS.

THE PART EVERYONE CARES AND IS WORRIED ABOUT:

My involvement is superficial in this.

The goal is: All of you speak - and I implement.

I will be able to directly change the functionality of the forum, we will be using Invision Power Board 4.0.4 - I still have the license for this software and at a later date I could theoretically update it to something newer.

I AM KILLING MY OWN FORUM FOR THIS. I have a forum that is somewhat active using this license that I'm cutting for you. There's about 90 active users - similar to what is on here. That userbase is being relocated to one of my admin's WIP project forums and he completely understands my decision on this.

Any of the downtime that occurred here that were my fault will be immediately reversible now. Meaning as soon as the crash happens - I can reverse the changes right away and it will be like it never happened. I will know from my host in advanced when they plan on server upgrades or maintenance.

The most sensitive of your data I will be able to see is your Email address and your IP address. As it is now, Zintar, K_N and Luuv can all see those things of yours. So 1 person - me will know them, as opposed to three. It also is necessary for me to directly click on an "Edit user" feature in IPB for me to do this. This actually will only happen if you request a different username color (yes), a username icon, or a custom title (But you will all be able to set those yourselves).

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Hound

So the split's happening after all... :|

Yes. But we all have a voice now. No one person is greater than the other.

Guest The Hound

Well then time to voice my opinion that Sona is a terrible support!  Too squishy.

LICH BANE

RAPID FIRE CANNON

LUDENS ECHO

VOID STAFF

SORC BOOTS

DEATHCAP

15MAGIC PEN START

I AM NO SUPPORT

Guest The Hound

If that were true, you could be banned.

Correct. You'll all free to join my forum, vote to ban me, and then take it over.

Guest The Hound

Will zeni be a mod

he can be mod of his own forum that only he can see called "Zeni's Playground"

Guest The Hound

decent site map I guess.

Thanks. It's subject to change and I honestly think it will double at size, but never be as big as what we have here. Completely unnecessary.

Guest The Hound

Make a forum called OkCupid Central and only let him post there

:D :D :D :D :D :D  This is why you'll be an IB staff member.

Guest The Hound

I might sign up, but if the migration doesn't happen I am not sticking around.

I only honestly see Anime and Toonami not moving.

Guest The Hound

i thought i was staff too :|

You're more than welcome to, I forgot Holmes. A lot to keep track of here. Don't give me that  :|  face bruh.

Guest The Hound

i can has mod plz. in IB. idgaf about the rest

Yea. You're a staple member of the IB community and never have really left us.

Yes. But we all have a voice now. No one person is greater than the other.

that's sort of what I'm afraid of cause it just means there'll be even more homophobic trolling directed at me and even less I can do about it

Guest The Hound

that's sort of what I'm afraid of cause it just means there'll be even more homophobic trolling directed at me and even less I can do about it

Nope. It will be less. Also check the OP I forgot one of my intentions involving you. I just updated it. Don't worry Mochi.

Guest The Hound

Can I be supreme mod.

You are like.. right next to kidney right now and if anything you are the 2nd most up to date person about everything that's going on.  :D :D :D  stfu ho.  <3

Guest The Hound

Lol, is this a trap? :P

I really can't be of much help to you dude. I can barely read owo

It's the most peaceful and gentle sounding trap ever  <3 <3 <3

Guest The Hound

just one thing, i'd be careful about how many people you give staff powers too. there aren't all that many people left

Staff powers only include locking and moving threads.

Guest The Hound

He could always take them away as well. As long as no one has access to that actual server it should be fine.

Correct. The problem is we have periods of time when no one is online to handle the shit posting - having a person here or there than represents each friend/clique group will alleviate that issue - as everyone has different times they're active.

Guest The Hound

Why not just work together? What's the tissue for the issues here?

Working together would be Luuv implementing all of these ideas that I have come up with from listening to everyone's post since the day this forum was put up - and making this place a true homage to the place we grew up on and can't separate ourselves from. He basically wants the opposite of that and my intentions are pure - i want this to work, and it will work.

Every SINGLE thing I have stated in the OP is a culmination of me listening and reading all the post we've had about the functionality and any other input on this place.

We moved past the point of working together the moment two weeks of somewhat hard work from me went down the drain to be honest.

Guest The Hound

can i get banner powers in IB. we've had a distinct lack of Kawaii Shark gifs since real IB died

Banners will be handled by reps of each distinct sub-forum. So yes.

It's the most peaceful and gentle sounding trap ever  <3 <3 <3

I propose we all be mods except Ticc and Zeni.

Let us have magical computer wizard first class powers and leave them

wondering, "Hey, how they doing that?  How does I poast cat gif?" >:D