New Forum Information.

Guest The Hound

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Hound

The design you're looking at now is mine.

The plugins work because of me

The html plays nice because of me

I fixed all the quirky issues.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Top Gun[/member] everything here is the culmination of my efforts to make this place look and function nice while carefully treading lightly around luuv while I did it - because he was a fan of nothing I wanted to do (but things a lot of other people wanted).

The design you're looking at now is mine.

The plugins work because of me

The html plays nice because of me

I fixed all the quirky issues.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Yes, I'm well aware of that, and I appreciate your work, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still Luuv's place.  And in the grand scheme of things, if I had to get by on the default SMF theme and couldn't like posts, I think I'd manage.  I cut my forum teeth on a hideous homegrown ASP solution.

Guest The Hound

Yes, I'm well aware of that, and I appreciate your work, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still Luuv's place.  And in the grand scheme of things, if I had to get by on the default SMF theme and couldn't like posts, I think I'd manage.  I cut my forum teeth on a hideous homegrown ASP solution.

Alright, as long as you understand that much.  Again, I'm one of many who don't want and never wanted Luuv to run it. I did originally, but changed my mind well before any of this shit went down - and users came to me about setting up a contingency forum long before this happened.

I will say this. The move to IPB will not be seamless for this forum, and honestly I don't even think the db will import properly. So you're looking at this forum starting from scratch anyway. So, there is that.

Guest The Hound

Zenigundam[/member].

You need to stop making posts like this. You are only posting in this thread to troll. If you keep going I will start removing them.

No, leave his post be. I don't want favorites being played or any moderation in this thread.

Guest The Hound

FYI 99.99% of you will not have to create a new account.

I'll just leave that here.

Going to bed. Night.

Going to bed. Night.

So you're jacking our login info from here and creating new accounts for us over there whether we want them or not, or what?

Guest The Hound

I theoretically could. But only if people requested it. Aside from that it'd be work I'd rather not do. And upon doing research - converting this place ACTUALLY to IPB isn't clear cut and simple. I read a few things wrong last night so It's really not that simple.

Guest The Hound

I want to be commander and chief of the Leeks.

You can have what ever the fuck you want. Don't need no ranks set your own shit.  I mean everyone always winds up requesting a custom rank anyway.

Regardless I'm going to try to work things out with Luuv before Thursday, but I highly fucking doubt he's going to play ball.

Going to bed. Night.

Everyone will have to create a new account on your forum.

You are not using backup data from my server.

1). That's a felony.

2). You do not take things from me.

Obviously I'd never get you in legal trouble but I will have your forum removed by your host if you steal data from here.

If you have already made a backup, I suggest you delete it immediately.

Locked thread at Viper's request.

He's not taking any data from this site.

He doesn't have the ability to access passwords (none of us do, they're encrypted from the moment you create your account).