UnevenEdge

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

1938_Packard

There hasn't been a "Korea" since the 40s.....You would think a elderly genius like yourself would know this

There are North Korea and South Korea, according to what we Americans typically call them.  However, North Koreans leave out the "North", believing it should be one unified nation as opposed to two separate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea

There are North Korea and South Korea, according to what we Americans typically call them.  However, North Koreans leave out the "North", believing it should be one unified nation as opposed to two separate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea

That doesn't say any of that, and I doubt you know any "Koreans" to back that bullshit up

That doesn't say any of that, and I doubt you know any "Koreans" to back that bullshit up

What it DOES say is that the official name of the nation is "Democratic People's Republic of Korea"... no "North" in that name.  As for the reason, that's an educated guess.  Face it, does Kim Jong Un actually want the peninsula divided?

What it DOES say is that the official name of the nation is "Democratic People's Republic of Korea"... no "North" in that name.  As for the reason, that's an educated guess.  Face it, does Kim Jong Un actually want the peninsula divided?

No, see you have confused educated guess with purposely ignoring simple logic to further your retarded assertion on what Korea is.

They have different fucking flags, they a 2 separate things altogether now and have been for a while......No matter what JongDong wants.

No, see you have confused educated guess with purposely ignoring simple logic to further your retarded assertion on what Korea is.

They have different fucking flags, they a 2 separate things altogether now and have been for a while......No matter what JongDong wants.

Okay, Smartypants, what is the OFFICIAL name of South Korea?  Hint: It doesn't include either "north" OR "south".

Your argument is so stupid, I got confused.  Seeing as the name Korea, like most place names, is derived from a historical geographic delineation rather than an explicitly genealogic ethnic grouping, it would be illogical to assume that the "omission"denotes a desire for unification.  Political reunification is almost without exception a function of social homogeny, and, renaming a unified region tends reflect that.

Guest The Hound

If anyone is actually stupid enough to believe any media hype concerning North Korea's military power - you're a gullible idiot. They are literally surrounded by numerous anti-missile defense systems that can cripple anything they throw into the air - and they HAVE been doing this on the majority of their test.

Jesus fuck it makes me cringe so hard whenever I see anything about North Korea. Their entire country and almost every news story about them is doctored, exaggerated, and ment to make sheeple have something to talk about.

This thread makes me want a shit emjoi smiley.

Now I know what's next for our smileys.

Guest The Hound

Seriously. Talking about or even spending a moments thought on the existence of the "Country" North Korea is cringe as fuck. They are literally the Earth's distraction penis.

It's not deflection.  The OFFICIAL name of South Korea is "The Republic of Korea".

So the 2 places we are talking about have 2 different names and 2 different flags and 2 different governments.

You are the absolute worst at proving a point.  Some might even call you fucking stupid.

So the 2 places we are talking about have 2 different names and 2 different flags and 2 different governments.

You are the absolute worst at proving a point.  Some might even call you fucking stupid.

The OP named one of them correctly and then you insisted that there's no "Korea", which implies that I should have included "North" in the name.  Tell the truth... you only thought of them as North and South, without knowing the correct names.

The OP named one of them correctly and the you insisted that that there's no "Korea", which implies that I should have included "North" in the name.  Tell the truth... you only thought of them as North and South, without knowing the correct names.

Knockout blow

The OP named one of them correctly and then you insisted that there's no "Korea", which implies that I should have included "North" in the name.  Tell the truth... you only thought of them as North and South, without knowing the correct names.

However, North Koreans leave out the "North", believing it should be one unified nation as opposed to two separate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:45:36 AM by 1938_Packard »

Because this didn't happen?.....You vied hard for tha unified nation shit and have been moving goalposts all thread

However, North Koreans leave out the "North", believing it should be one unified nation as opposed to two separate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:45:36 AM by 1938_Packard »

Because this didn't happen?.....You vied hard for tha unified nation shit and have been moving goalposts all thread

I'm not moving any goal posts.  Kim Jong Un does NOT want the south to be independent.  That's part of why "North" isn't included in the official name.  He still thinks the south belongs to his regime.  It's that simple.

I'm not moving any goal posts.  Kim Jong Un does NOT want the south to be independent.  That's part of why "North" isn't included in the official name.  He still thinks the south belongs to his regime.  It's that simple.

Well, you think you are an intelligent and interesting person. Doesn't make it true.

:|

You realize the fact that they have different names, whether or not they're officially inclusive of "north" or "South" means that there is no officially unified "Korea".

Because of this, when discussing "Korea" it only makes sense to specify WHICH Korea you're talking about.

You know, because there's 2 Koreas.

It doesn't matter if you call them "North" or "South", or if you refer to them by the official names. They simply aren't one, singular, nation.

I want to own a million dollars.

Does that mean I own a million dollars on virtue of wanting to?

What a fatty McManchild like Un wants or believes means fuck-all to the reality of the situation.

:|

You realize the fact that they have different names, whether or not they're officially inclusive of "north" or "South" means that there is no officially unified "Korea".

Because of this, when discussing "Korea" it only makes sense to specify WHICH Korea you're talking about.

You know, because there's 2 Koreas.

It doesn't matter if you call them "North" or "South", or if you refer to them by the official names. They simply aren't one, singular, nation.

Does the OP say there's only one?  It wasn't even my point to prove there was only one.  Cy reacted by not comprehending the OP.

Does the OP say there's only one?  It wasn't even my point to prove there was only one.  Cy reacted by not comprehending the OP.

You defended your OP by saying JongDong wanted them to be one and that's what he considered it.....And stop calling me Cy because you have no idea who I really am.

You defended your OP by saying JongDong wanted them to be one and that's what he considered it.....And stop calling me Cy because you have no idea who I really am.

There's nothing to "defend" in the OP. 

Look again.  I asked where the "democratic" part fits in with their system of government and then you respond by saying I'm senile and don't know there hasn't been a "Korea" in quite some time.  How does that even follow?  You thought it followed because you didn't know the correct names of EITHER nation. 

One nation, two nations or even eighty six nations... you're arguing a tangent.

That would was if that was your argument before the end of page one, but you instead went with.

However, North Koreans leave out the "North", believing it should be one unified nation as opposed to two separate.

Okay, so how did believing it "should be" one nation equate with actually being one nation?

Korea has a history of uniting & separating into different kingdoms & switching it up for like thousands of years. There used to be 3 major kingdoms of Korea for awhile right? I'm sure different Korean people have different views on whether they believe in one Korea or want to stay separated like they are now. But right now it's the Democratic People's Republic of Korea & Republic of Korea. Even then that's just what they write in English anyway. Kinda like how China isn't China in China, in China, China is Zhongguo. But yea we call them North Korea & South Korea sometimes. It just for us though. The same way we call the Middle East the Middle East when it's actually West Asia if you referred to it the way you would a region on any other continent. It's not like they call themselves the Middle East. That name is an enduring pet name by Europeans from the whole Silk Road era of referring to everything east of Europe by how Far East it was. See my phone just capitalized Far East b/c it thinks it's a place. It's a Eurocentric way of labeling countries. So whatever you guys are fighting about is irrelevant.

This, with emphasis.

Packard is kinda right here. To extrapolate further, because I know he doesn't know this, the Chinese characters used by both countries are different. (I'm using

the Japanese pronunciation of the characters.) 朝鮮 (chousen) and 韓國 (kankoku) both mean Korea and don't notate government style nor any cardinal directions i.e. north and south. 朝鮮 is used by North Korea while 韓國 is used by South Korea. I'm not sure if North Koreans are that bothered by the English "North Korea" but they really hate 北朝鮮 (kita-chousen, literally North Korea), especially when Japanese write it that way. Most Japanese still call North Korea that anyway.

Packard is kinda right here. To extrapolate further, because I know he doesn't know this, the Chinese characters used by both countries are different. (I'm using

the Japanese pronunciation of the characters.) 朝鮮 (chousen) and 韓國 (kankoku) both mean Korea and don't notate government style nor any cardinal directions i.e. north and south. 朝鮮 is used by North Korea while 韓國 is used by South Korea. I'm not sure if North Koreans are that bothered by the English "North Korea" but they really hate 北朝鮮 (kita-chousen, literally North Korea), especially when Japanese write it that way. Most Japanese still call North Korea that anyway.

Nobody denied that North Korea wants to be controlling South.

That doesn't change that the South defected from North a long time ago and isn't considered a part of North Korea by any part of the world outside North Korea.

But, that isn't Kenny's point.  He's saying that the lack of cardinal markers in the name is indication of the Kim Dynasty seeing the South as part of their domain or as them being the "one true" Korea, which is patently false.  His own link even pointed out that Kim Il-Sung had an entirely different name for the eventual unified state.  The difference of words for "Korea" might have a regional relevance, but it's not an indication that the use of one refutes the use of the other, especially in the absence of any explicit ethnic disparitiy.