UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Zubats are a pain in the ass and actually easier to catch with curveballs than straight throws. 

Welcome to your life now 😆

7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Zubats are a pain in the ass and actually easier to catch with curveballs than straight throws. 

I'll remember that if I see that little bastard again. Scored my first Eevee. Eating at a city square today is paying off. My newb ass wasn't touching that raid battle though. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

I'm bored as fuck and downloaded the app today. This is actually pretty fun. Since I got a bulbasaur and charmander in my house and front yard, it feels like a nice start with the added nostalgia. I never played any of the games but watched the cartoon for years. Also, fuck zubat. I wasted so many balls trying to capture that fucker out of pettiness and still didn't get it.

That's cool.  I'm no longer the newb here then.

It's really easy to rank up quickly during events.  I didn't start playing until a few months ago

and I'm already level 28. 

You know about having a buddy in the game right?

I didn't read the instructions right away and didn't find out about it until I was already playing for a month or so.

Yeah zubats are evil.  They're very annoying.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

That's cool.  I'm no longer the newb here then.

It's really easy to rank up quickly during events.  I didn't start playing until a few months ago

and I'm already level 28. 

You know about having a buddy in the game right?

I didn't read the instructions right away and didn't find out about it until I was already playing for a month or so.

Yeah zubats are evil.  They're very annoying.

You're way more energetic than me. I got to level 11 and tapped out. Might walk around later and catch more tonight.

10 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

You're way more energetic than me. I got to level 11 and tapped out. Might walk around later and catch more tonight.

Thanks.  I normally walk a lot but I've been walking more than normal since I started playing.

The first two weeks where I was using my home internet for my phone until I figured out how to use

Samsung internet on my phone, I barely ranked up at all.  The smart phone I'm using now is my first one.  Had Tracfone flip phones for 19 years.

But once I figured out how to set up the phone internet, I was ranking up 2 or 3 times a day for awhile.

Didn't take me long to reach level 20.  Have you decided on a team yet?  I knew I wanted to be on Team Mystic long before I started playing.

Also the friend system really helps.  You can get Alolan eggs that way.

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

To show you how rarely I play games on my phone, I seriously have to ask: Where is the friend code?

Click on your face on the bottom left corner, that opens up two menus you can switch between: ME and FRIENDS. On the ME side, you can set a pokemon buddy to walk with you and change your clothes, as well as look through various stats. On the FRIENDS side, you click on the ADD FRIEND button and insert someone's trainer code up top and displays your own trainer code below. I'll give you mine to input because I'm already on the page: 9786 4175 9203 - input that and then share yours for everyone else!

Additional helpful menu-related tip: click on the central pokeball button to open the primary menu, then click on settings in the top right, then check off the Battery Saver button 4th down. If enabled, the screen goes dark when you flip the phone upside down while walking from point A to point B between catching things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

Click on your face on the bottom left corner, that opens up two menus you can switch between: ME and FRIENDS. On the ME side, you can set a pokemon buddy to walk with you and change your clothes, as well as look through various stats. On the FRIENDS side, you click on the ADD FRIEND button and insert someone's trainer code up top and displays your own trainer code below. I'll give you mine to input because I'm already on the page: 9786 4175 9203 - input that and then share yours for everyone else!

Additional helpful menu-related tip: click on the central pokeball button to open the primary menu, then click on settings in the top right, then check off the Battery Saver button 4th down. If enabled, the screen goes dark when you flip the phone upside down while walking from point A to point B between catching things.

Thank you! 7002 4182 8125

you get gifts from the pokestops, and it displays the pokestop location like post cards - like "greetings from ________"

sometimes when I'm flush with gifts to give I try to pick out interesting locations to send to people, whether or not the recipients notice or care is a separate question

though more to the point, I think the way it works is that the further away the location of the gift is from you, the more valuable the items inside, or the possible special egg to hatch. I assume viperxmns knows exactly.

5 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

you get gifts from the pokestops, and it displays the pokestop location like post cards - like "greetings from ________"

sometimes when I'm flush with gifts to give I try to pick out interesting locations to send to people, whether or not the recipients notice or care is a separate question

though more to the point, I think the way it works is that the further away the location of the gift is from you, the more valuable the items inside, or the possible special egg to hatch. I assume viperxmns knows exactly.

I've noticed the locations of yours and the others.  It's part of the fun of receiving gifts.

If I didn't go to the same pokestops all the time, I'd do the same.  I wouldn't be surprised if SorceressPol gets Alolan Vulpix before I do.

It feels like I'll never get that one.

Edited by blueraven1999

Hey, Pat, thanks for the stardust!

Oh and you guys, I went out for breakfast with my family, and the server saw me playing Pokemon Go. He sidled over to me very shyly to ask how many Eevee did I get yesterday. 

The looks from my brother and mom were hilarious. I could tell they were thinking, 'Goddamn, how many nerds are out there?'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, Admin_Raptorpat said:

i just happen to work near a lot of historic things/landmarks

I worked underneath 3 PokeStops. One was a gym. Used to troll the EVERLOVING JESUS SHIT out of the gym. Great way to spend a break/lunch and let off steam at the same time.

Go in, beat the Pokémon in the gym. INTENTIONALLY leave it unattended and blank. Then, when the next sucker, errr....trainer, put their Pokémon in, I’d beat THEM, too. Usually, this is done with a lower level Pokémon, just gaming the type they put in. Rinse. Repeat. 

Then, if no one takes it within about an hour, I’ll usually put in a Snorlax, Chansey, or Salamence to dick with everyone. 

Edited by lupin_bebop

On 8/11/2018 at 12:23 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah. Just like in the traditional Pokémon games, Zubats are just straight assholes. Welcome to life.

Also, I swear to fucking GOD, if there is a Community Day around Zubat, I’m going to fucking firebomb Niantic’s fucking office. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

Yeah. Just like in the traditional Pokémon games, Zubats are just straight assholes. Welcome to life.

Also, I swear to fucking GOD, if there is a Community Day around Zubat, I’m going to fucking firebomb Niantic’s fucking office. 

That would be the 1st community day where I catch everything but the featured Pokémon. 

I would financially support you in your endeavor if they ever do that 😆

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 9:19 AM, SorceressPol said:

Hey, Pat, thanks for the stardust!

Oh and you guys, I went out for breakfast with my family, and the server saw me playing Pokemon Go. He sidled over to me very shyly to ask how many Eevee did I get yesterday. 

The looks from my brother and mom were hilarious. I could tell they were thinking, 'Goddamn, how many nerds are out there?'

Remind them that they WORK FOR NERDS.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, viperxmns said:

All bad IV low level non shiny Eevees auto dump

Trade high CP for reroll/lucky chance then dump if no success

Or see if you can pick up a Misdreavus quest, dump ten

I’m in the middle of a Pikachu/Eevee dump. Because I have literally like 75+ of EACH. 

AAC8466A-DD73-49DB-94B4-A690740EB48F.png

EFBE4EBF-1247-4848-B74C-59151A7DEC08.png

On 8/14/2018 at 4:35 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Chikorita is the next featured Pokémon on September 22.  

I hate catching those little mother fuckers 😑😆

Yeah but chikoritas look cute, so I can't get mad at them.

You guys are killing me with sweetness because of the gifts :$. I'm gonna remember to pay it forward when I have graduated from being a newb. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

You guys are killing me with sweetness because of the gifts :$. I'm gonna remember to pay it forward when I have graduated from being a newb. 

Yeah I like Chikoritas too.  I don't have Bayleef's evolution Meganium yet

so catching Chikoritas will still be useful.  Plus they're hard to find around here.  I caught a couple in June and haven't seen any since.

I'm glad you're enjoying the gifts.  They're really useful.  Especially the stardust and pokeballs.  I don't know about you, but I'm always

short on both especially the stardust.  Just checking since you're more of a newb than I am, but you know about how useful lucky eggs are right?

They're really helpful in gaining experience as long as you use them where there's a lot of pokemon.

When you get close to level 20 you'll start getting a lot more items once you level up.  Battling in small raids like the ones for Charmander helps too.

Once I turned level 15 or so I started batting in the gyms near me almost everyday and that really helps with leveling up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueraven1999 said:

Yeah I like Chikoritas too.  I don't have Bayleef's evolution Meganium yet

so catching Chikoritas will still be useful.  Plus they're hard to find around here.  I caught a couple in June and haven't seen any since.

I'm glad you're enjoying the gifts.  They're really useful.  Especially the stardust and pokeballs.  I don't know about you, but I'm always

short on both especially the stardust.  Just checking since you're more of a newb than I am, but you know about how useful lucky eggs are right?

They're really helpful in gaining experience as long as you use them where there's a lot of pokemon.

When you get close to level 20 you'll start getting a lot more items once you level up.  Battling in small raids like the ones for Charmander helps too.

Once I turned level 15 or so I started batting in the gyms near me almost everyday and that really helps with leveling up.

I did figure out that I could combine lucky egg and incense after a while. I think the fruit is a lie though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

I did figure out that I could combine lucky egg and incense after a while. I think the fruit is a lie though. 

That's good.  By fruit you mean the berries right?  Razz berries and Nanab berries help me out a lot

with catching pokemon and Pinap berries are really helpful with getting a lot of candies for the pokemon.

Pinap berries are extremely useful when it comes to catching Magikarp. 

I think I had 390 something candies for it before tonight and after catching one with a Pinap berry as a reward for doing Field Research,

I had 400 candies.  Without Pinap berries it would take forever to catch Magikarp even if you lived near a place where they are spotted occasionally.

Also doing Field Research and Special Field Research is helpful for gaining exp and items.

8 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Chikorita is adorable af but such a pain like bulbasaur to catch. I dunno chikorita is very ball jump outyxD

I decided to evolve my Magikarp to finish part of the Special Quest.  Gyarados is now my highest cp pokemon.

So now I'm on 7/8 of the Mythical Mew Quest.  Already used 13 berries to catch Pokemon so using 50 berries to catch pokemon shouldn't

take too long.  Probably only a week or two.

Already had the Gold Kanto medal.  Probably will never be able to get a excellent curveball which is one of the requirements since

I'm terrible at the regular curveballs.  If I ever get it it probably will be without meaning to.  Not likely though. 

Currently at a little less than 50,000 xp to go before I rank up to level 29.

• Like 1

:D Yeeesss, I caught a Snorlax. I ain't even mad that I had to throw a bunch of fruit at it. No more catching rat pokemon though because the shadow outline of its evolved form tricked me into thinking it was gonna be all cute and hamster-like. It ended up being some Island of Dr. Moreau type shit, and I lost all motivation to ever catch another one.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

:D Yeeesss, I caught a Snorlax. I ain't even mad that I had to throw a bunch of fruit at it. No more catching rat pokemon though because the shadow outline of its evolved form tricked me into thinking it was gonna be all cute and hamster-like. It ended up being some Island of Dr. Moreau type shit, and I lost all motivation to ever catch another one.

Wait until you see fat ass Alolan Raticate it's def cuter than the original Raticate but it's got such a fat facexD