UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

4 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

I decided to evolve my Magikarp to finish part of the Special Quest.  Gyarados is now my highest cp pokemon.

So now I'm on 7/8 of the Mythical Mew Quest.  Already used 13 berries to catch Pokemon so using 50 berries to catch pokemon shouldn't

take too long.  Probably only a week or two.

Already had the Gold Kanto medal.  Probably will never be able to get a excellent curveball which is one of the requirements since

I'm terrible at the regular curveballs.  If I ever get it it probably will be without meaning to.  Not likely though. 

Currently at a little less than 50,000 xp to go before I rank up to level 29.

Well, at least you can start the Celebi quest anyway and complete Mew at your leisure.  I was watching a PkmnMasterHolly vid from her doing Celebi quest at PoGo Fest and I'm not looking forward to having to catch steel, ice or fire types, unless of course I catch a ton of Numel but other than that those types aren't around in large numbers.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:42 AM, 1pooh4u said:

Well, at least you can start the Celebi quest anyway and complete Mew at your leisure.  I was watching a PkmnMasterHolly vid from her doing Celebi quest at PoGo Fest and I'm not looking forward to having to catch steel, ice or fire types, unless of course I catch a ton of Numel but other than that those types aren't around in large numbers.

I'm looking forward to the Celebi quest since I'll be stuck at the Mew quest possibly forever.

Almost done with giving berries to the pokemon.  Caught a bunch of pokemon at the mall today and have given 45 out of 50 berries

to the pokemon.  Only 5 berries left to go and 20,000 exp before I rank up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, viperxmns said:

Aron and Spheal best bets for steel and ice

That's good to know.  There's a lot of Aron and Spheal where I live.

I'm finished with giving 50 berries to pokemon now and got either 3000 or 3500 XP as a reward.

After walking a lot, Grovyle has 90 Treecko candies.

Decided to use a rare candy so I could evolve my Drowzee into a Hypno.  It's cp841.

Also used a few rare candies for my Meditite and evolved it into a Medicham (cp698).

Yeah they're low level but I enjoy filling out the pokedex.  I'm up to 121 Kanto,  65 Johto, and 96 Hoenn.

I ranked up to level 29 this morning.  Decided to evolve my Haunter a few minutes ago.

I think it had around 105 or 107 candies.  Now it's cp1790 Gengar with Sucker Punch and Focus Blast.

Not sure if I want to power it up right away or not.  It's tempting. 

I have 8 Gastly candies so I could power it up twice if I had enough Stardust.

Which I probably don't.  Also I finally found the pokemon that was eluding me the last week or so. 

It was a Cyndaquil.  Caught my first Houndour today and several others.  Now I have 18 candies for it.

Also caught a few more Sunkern but I don't have enough candies to evolve it yet.  Caught one Chikorita too so that

will help with eventually getting enough candies for my Bayleef.  I have 21 out of 100 candies for it.

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I finished one of the new (to me at least) Field Research of catching 5 water pokemon for some festival but

I ran out of pokeballs so I'll find out what pokemon I get as a reward for it tomorrow.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, viperxmns said:

Celebi has begun today

New shinies- Natu Sunkern Pineco

got a hundo Pineco off quest already but no shiny yet

Btw swingy camera is known bug hope they patch it soon 

Yeah the swing cuts out shiny animation which is a problem with some of the same same but barely different shiny 

Caught two more new pokemon Quilava (cp1045) and Yanma (cp458).

Also caught a couple more Snubbull.  I have more than enough candies to evolve it but I don't want to right away.

Same thing happened with Slugma.  Caught a couple more, haven't gone through all of them yet and I already have 61 candies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Hold off on Espeon if you didn’t do it. First task in 3/8 is to reach level 25

5C3AF216-FBF1-4037-8285-B61EF849C19A.png

0BD5081A-BC5C-4F9E-8D37-5D3CB8613DF4.png

Thanks for the info.  I'm still on 1/8.  Almost done with it though.

I'm still working on getting more stardust so I can level up my pokemon a couple more times.

The Eevee I saved already has more than enough eevee candies to evolve into something but I'll hold off on evolving it into something else.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Thanks for the info.  I'm still on 1/8.  Almost done with it though.

I'm still working on getting more stardust so I can level up my pokemon a couple more times.

The Eevee I saved already has more than enough eevee candies to evolve into something but I'll hold off on evolving it into something else.

You’re welcome 😊

You might as well wait I’m sure the people that got to 4/8 said “d’oh” when they saw those tasks. I know I did 😆

I’m not up to it yet. Tomorrow I’ll catch my 3rd Pokémon in a row and get started. The eevee I’m walking now is my umbreon of the future. I might hold off on that and start walking a different Eevee once I get 10km with this one. You can safely change buddies and go back to it for evolution later. Ya just gotta remember to make it your buddy again first 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

You’re welcome 😊

You might as well wait I’m sure the people that got to 4/8 said “d’oh” when they saw those tasks. I know I did 😆

I’m not up to it yet. Tomorrow I’ll catch my 3rd Pokémon in a row and get started. The eevee I’m walking now is my umbreon of the future. I might hold off on that and start walking a different Eevee once I get 10km with this one. You can safely change buddies and go back to it for evolution later. Ya just gotta remember to make it your buddy again first 

It's too bad that people who already have Espeon and Umbreon can't skip that task.  Oh well.

I'll be happy as long as none of the tasks involve curve balls.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blueraven1999 said:

It's too bad that people who already have Espeon can't skip that task.  Oh well.

I'll be happy as long as none of the tasks involve curve balls.

If there is a curveball task ask a friend to do it for you. If you know someone you can trust with your log in info you can get it done that way as well.  

Evolved two pokemon today.  Just noticed that Kadabra had 110 or 111 Abra candies so

I evolved it into Alakazam and earlier I evolved Snubbull into Granbull.

Also when I was walking around the pond near the library, two people noticed that I was playing Pokemon GO

and asked for my Friend Code and I got theirs.  So that was fun.  First time that ever happened. 

Before all my friend codes were you guys, one person on Twitter, and one YouTuber.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Evolved two pokemon today.  Just noticed that Kadabra had 110 or 111 Abra candies so

I evolved it into Alakazam and earlier I evolved Snubbull into Granbull.

Also when I was walking around the pond near the library, two people noticed that I was playing Pokemon GO

and asked for my Friend Code and I got theirs.  So that was fun.  First time that ever happened. 

Before all my friend codes were you guys, one person on Twitter, and one YouTuber.

Nice now maybe you can get enough people together for those legendary raids. 

I’m having minor panic attacks because I’ve been taking friend requests to assist people in getting Celebi. The idea was to just drop them after but more than half of those people gave me gifts 😑

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Nice now maybe you can get enough people together for those legendary raids. 

I’m having minor panic attacks because I’ve been taking friend requests to assist people in getting Celebi. The idea was to just drop them after but more than half of those people gave me gifts 😑

Nope I'm not interested.  I have a weird schedule that doesn't work well with most others

and I like playing by myself.  Probably will pass on the legendaries unless I get strong enough on my own.

Which might be possible.  I'm already level 29 and I just started playing this summer.

Edit:  Just looked at the new tasks.  I don't think I'd have any problems with 6 but I wouldn't be

able to finish 5.  Walking 10 km with Eevee is easy for me and evolving Eevee into Umbreon at night I could do.

Only trading a pokemon is probably impossible for me.  Don't have enough stardust and the chances of finding someone local when

I do is pretty much impossible.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

Just now, viperxmns said:

Soloing legendaries in raids is impossible for any player lol

You can obtain them as they roll out in field research at least

I was hoping it might be possible if I got to level 55 or something like that someday.

I'm okay with getting them by doing Field Research.  That's good enough. 

22 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

I was hoping it might be possible if I got to level 55 or something like that someday.

I'm okay with getting them by doing Field Research.  That's good enough. 

Right now there’s only 40 levels and I think YouTube might have level 40 people with perfect IV Pokémon with the best counters soloing legendary Pokémon but it’s not easy.  Anyway like viper said you can get them in research. 

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Right now there’s only 40 levels and I think YouTube might have level 40 people with perfect IV Pokémon with the best counters soloing legendary Pokémon but it’s not easy.  Anyway like viper said you can get them in research. 

That's why I said in the future.  There might be higher levels in two years.

It's not likely but it's possible.  I'm not really a huge fan of the legendaries anyway so

it doesn't bother me that I probably won't be able to get the Special Research ones.

Finished A Ripple in Time 2/8 by evolving Lombre into Ludicolo. 

Unfortunately I didn't realize that evolving Sunkern was part of the third task

and I just evolved my second Sunkern into Sunflora to complete a Field Research.

Luckily I have a Gloom with 94 candies so that won't take long until I have enough to evolve it.

Once I get a few more candies by walking Grovyle, I'll evolve it and start walking Gloom.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:52 AM, 1pooh4u said:

I’m guessing you’re going to have to make a politoed or slowking on 5/8

I’ve already made BOTH of those. The fuck? Seriously, fuck Niantic’s mission makers sometimes, man. They don’t seem to understand the definition of the word “balance.” Like, for Miltank, you have a few options:

”Make 4/5 Excellent throws in a row” OR

”Hatch 5-10 eggs” OR

”Catch 10 Pokémon in a row” (without missing or failing) OR 

“You know what? Fuck you, player.”

What do you have to do for Porygon?

”Win a raid”  😐

Edited by lupin_bebop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Caught my first Miltank and Wobbuffet yesterday.  Caught a second Wobbuffet too so now I have both genders.

Only have to hatch 7 more eggs and then I'll be done with 3/8.  Noticed I got an Upgrade from either the Special or Field Research

so I can finally evolve my Porygon if I want to.

Might walk my Porygon first since it has low cp.  Also finished another of the Catch 3 Sunkern Field Research tasks and I got a Dragon Scale for the first time. 

Only need to catch one more Sunkern and then I'll get a second one.

Edited by blueraven1999

2 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

I’ve already made BOTH of those. The fuck? Seriously, fuck Niantic’s mission makers sometimes, man. They don’t seem to understand the definition of the word “balance.” Like, for Miltank, you have a few options:

”Hatch 5-10 eggs” OR

”Win a raid”  😐

Yeah that is pretty bad although hatching eggs (for me at least) isn't very hard.

On the plus side, Miltank can be caught in the wild.  Just caught one yesterday.

Also it is possible to get Porygon by hatching eggs.  That's how I got mine.

Edited by blueraven1999

2 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

”Hatch 5-10 eggs” OR

”Win a raid”  😐

I named the eevee I’m walking something special  😆

niantic are jerks  they have an eevee event already knowing that espeon and umbreon are part of the research and they encourage you to make them before 4pm on the 20th to keep a shitty skill no one really was excited about.  Niantic is like ”now do it again assholes” 🤣

67E1AFEE-3988-4113-93CD-EA33A246905D.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lupin_bebop said:

@1pooh4u EXACTLY. That is what they are doing. “You did it once, because we told you it was special. You know what? Fuck you. Do it again, because we like to watch you fuck your lives up some more.”

😆

My first thought when I learned of these tasks was, “Niantic you mother fuckers”.  Fuck it I’m not made of shiny eevee so I evolved a decent 810 cp one into a 2500+ espeon. My eevee that will be shiny umbreon has to be walked another 10km to kill 2 birds with one stone otherwise I would have to walk another eevee anyway 😬

2 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Yeah that is pretty bad although hatching eggs (for me at least) isn't very hard.

On the plus side, Miltank can be caught in the wild.  Just caught one yesterday.

Also it is possible to get Porygon by hatching eggs.  That's how I got mine.

Miltank is ONLY in your region now. At least, in the wild. The one I caught was in San Antonio. I just happened to be there during PAX, and that’s the region it was in. Porygon hatching from eggs is rare, too. Easier to do a raid.