UnevenEdge

NFL Smack-Talking Thread 2024/25: America’s Last Freedom Ball!

Heeeeeyyyy! What’s up guys!  You know what time it is?!?! It’s shit talking time. Training Camps are open. Hard Knocks been following the NY Giants, the team no one really gives a fuck about, but hey, let’s be real, how else would we see that team on television,  if not for Hard Knocks!  Will someone finally knock the KC Chiefs down a few pegs?  Will Travis Kelce knock up Taylor Swift?  Idk but I bet the NY Post won’t stop bitchin about it!

Anywho we’re doing things a tiny bit differently as prizes go for the pig skin pick ‘em prizes. The winner gets a shiny new rank and they take over the football shit talking thread for the following season.  Taking over the thread is nbd all you gotta do is make a thread and then we all make fun of me, Pooh, for being a NY Jets fan for almost half a century! 

So, let’s do this!  @Master-Debater131 hey lol good luck with Zach Wilson. I’m sure he will be head and shoulders better than Russel Wils- nah I’m fuckin with you. Fuck your feetball team!  

Fuck the rest too!  this season is all about the J E T S JETSJETSJETS!

IMG_0720.gif.9016e008b4f9c8e0b18d12b2ab27af3a.gif

PS give me a “fuck your feetball team!” If you wanna play pick ‘em with a shot at a rank and mega thread of your very own. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Rise up... literally.

Also, this thread amuses me for reason I'll keep to myself

Screenshot_20240727-084637~2.png

I’m planning to let all the Falcons and Saints games watch me -Buddy, probably 

😆

22 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Zach Wilson wont be our starter

Itll be Big Dix Nix, and were going all the way* this year.

*8 wins at most

JETS will be their usual dumpster fire. Somehow, someway, they will collapse. And I will be here for it to make fun of Pooh.

Bo Nix and Zach Wilson are the same fuckin person. You’re fucked 😆

• Haha 1

Lazard and Rodgers are tearing it up at training camp. Hope they take that into the season.  Being a jets fan I’m definitely expecting to hear about the marquee player with the career ending injury. Happens every fuckin year 🫠

8 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

😆 
Distorted wtf you been!?!  Glad you’re playing!

you know me hanging around playing card games lol.

my laptop was breaking down. and the replacement i got also had issues which was at the time of the last nfl season. i was like, i will try next year. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 1:15 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Hard Knocks been following the NY Giants, the team no one really gives a fuck about, but hey, let’s be real, how else would we see that team on television,  if not for Hard Knocks!  

IMG_0720.gif.9016e008b4f9c8e0b18d12b2ab27af3a.gif

PS give me a “fuck your feetball team!” If you wanna play pick ‘em with a shot at a rank and mega thread of your very own. 

this hurt me to my core. 

to

my core

• Haha 2

lol how many fuckin hard knocks are they doing this year. They did the giants now Chicago and idk wtf is the in season team. Kinda feels like they’re over doing it with the spin offs. Reminds me of the walking dead franchise with all the shows shooting off 😆

• Haha 1

I haven't been updating everyone on Why Your Team Sucks yet, but Drew Magary is letting others write some previews this year, and today previewing the Raiders, Ray Ratto chose violence:

Spoiler

They have the second-worst winning percentage in the NFL since their last Super Bowl appearance (Cleveland). So if you're talking failure in bulk, well, you've come to the right window. Your team may suck, but nobody's team sucks in any pursuit quite like this one, and if you think we're ignoring their glory days, well, we've gone back the life of a human adult, 21 years. Surely by now they'd have something other than this charnel house to show for it. We've given them enough rope to cover any benefit of the doubt and, well, check that thing hanging in the rafters for your answer.

I have literally read two conflicting articles about Caleb Williams and the Bears Offense in the last 5 mins

As someone who honestly has nothing against the kid and hopes the best for him, how's he looking?

• Like 1

People being deflated or in high spirits over a first preseason game is wild to me. What you guys doing out there, actually playing your starters?😆

I hate the new kickoff rules as of right now. Maybe once I see how real games are working with them I’ll change my mind, but as of this moment I’d rather they just start on the 30 than wtf this confusing thing is 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 12:07 AM, molarbear said:

I have literally read two conflicting articles about Caleb Williams and the Bears Offense in the last 5 mins

As someone who honestly has nothing against the kid and hopes the best for him, how's he looking?

Very good, as advertised.  Makes smart decisions, and on the occasion he doesn't, he learns from it.

Meanwhile, Tyson Bagent & Brett Rypien look good enough to step in should something happen to Caleb (Heaven forbid).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

He looks kinda yellow too unless it’s just bad lighting.  Wth happened to him?  

I mean I don't wanna speculate so I'ma just say Florida heat and stress🤷🏿‍♂️

Don't really want to invoke hard drugs because I don't wish that on anyone....unless they like it. In which case, do you.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Screenshot_20240823-080753.png

I wish I came up with this but it's the top comment on the Why Your Team Sucks for Miami:

I'm 85% convinced that "Mike McDaniel" is actually a Nick Kroll character bit that got too carried away and is well past the point of a reveal.

• Haha 4

On 8/5/2024 at 12:32 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

im picking the pats as worst team this year i think. not that i dont got any faith on their rookie qb or coach but feels like it could be a rebuild year. same with the donkeys also a rebuild year. 

I’m thinking of picking the Patriots as the lol team too. Either them or Carolina  not sure on the GOAT.   Maybe Detroit or San Francisco. Maybe the Ravens idk.