UnevenEdge

The “SuperSize Me” guy died. RIP rapist with a pedophile face.

25 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

yeah, this is wierd.

my daughter was just telling me that he didn't only consume mcdonalds. come to find out, he drank pretty heavily as well. 

Eating nothing but unhealthy food and drinking like a fish, while intentionally limiting physical exercise makes you fat and unhealthy.  No one could have seen that coming.

i remember someone doing a counterpoint to the experiment where they ate McDonalds, but stuck to sensible breakfasts and the salads, and they lost a few pounds at the end of the month without needing to run a marathon daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking about Supersize Me a few months ago. This film just made companies sneakier, IMO. The obesity rates have gotten much worse since 2004.

McDonald's reported a decline in sales for their last quarter. Maybe inflation will help people make healthier choices (of course it won't).

8 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Watching that in health class made me drop mcd's and Burger King tier food, even though it turned out he was a big fat phony

If he had also shown his heavy drinking habit at the time, it probably would have made the documentary even more realistic given that drinking and poor food choices tend to go hand in hand.

I hadn't heard that he wrote a blog about being a serial philanderer and being accused of sexual assault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I was thinking about Supersize Me a few months ago. This film just made companies sneakier, IMO. The obesity rates have gotten much worse since 2004.

Media in the ‘00s got off on the “America’s fat and you are fat and also capitalism” soapbox and now we just don’t really care anymore.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, [classic swim] said:

Media in the ‘00s got off on the “America’s fat and you are fat and also capitalism” soapbox and now we just don’t really care anymore.

that's when the downfall just was .... there.

the 90's, i think we 'collectively' as a world society, really did have a chance. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jman said:

Eating nothing but unhealthy food and drinking like a fish, while intentionally limiting physical exercise makes you fat and unhealthy.  No one could have seen that coming.

i remember someone doing a counterpoint to the experiment where they ate McDonalds, but stuck to sensible breakfasts and the salads, and they lost a few pounds at the end of the month without needing to run a marathon daily.

Kevin Maginnis. He still ate fries and burgers but he would cut the servings in half because its not just picking the right food, its eating the right portions. 

• Like 3

Whopper: 670 calories.

Dave's Double: 860 calories.

Hardee's Super Star: 950 calories,

Big Mac: 590 calories.

I was also confused why he picked a fight with the fast food chain that isn't the worst one for you. 

• Like 1

The McDonald's McDouble has even been called the greatest food in human history. 

"It has been my gut-level (sorry, pun) feeling for a while now that the McDonald’s McDouble, at 390 Calories, 23g of protein, 7 percent of daily fiber, 20 per cent of daily calcium and iron, etc., is the cheapest, most nutritious, and bountiful food that has ever existed in human history."

McDonald's McDouble Burger Named 'Cheapest, Most Nutritious Food In History' (POLL, VIDEO) | HuffPost UK Life (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Belize said:

Whopper: 670 calories.

Dave's Double: 860 calories.

Hardee's Super Star: 950 calories,

Big Mac: 590 calories.

I was also confused why he picked a fight with the fast food chain that isn't the worst one for you. 

More people have access to McD's than the others. Those that live in bigger city areas or very close by might have a ton of options but where I grew up, the closest fast food was about 40 miles away. Discounting KFC and Pizza Hut, there was a McD's and a Hardees. McD's was far more popular and it also had those Happy Meals which encouraged families to spend their money there. Hardees tried the kid thing but it failed. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 1:37 PM, Jman said:

Yeah it's all about limiting caloric intake. At the end of the day, McDonald's is calories and you can eat a normal amount and be satisfied