UnevenEdge

Madison won 1st place in schoolwide art contest!!!

fuggnificent

Her teacher sent nothing home telling us. We were just going to the art gallery to see her art displayed there and to our surprise, her art had a 1st place ribbon on it! I AM SO PROUD OF MY BABY!!!!

Also, not every student got to get their art displayed... only about a handful of kids out of all the grades.... so not only was she selected, she won!!!!

Beating out older kids, too!

Gonna have it framed if they give it back!!

Anyways, here are the pics:

20170325_115603.jpg

20170325_115611.jpg

20170325_115633.jpg

and if you're wondering whats up with the face paint, she just  ran in a race this morning and they had face painting. lol

She used pink to indicate love. That has been used for a very long time. She used green to indicate sickness which has been used for a long time. She used red to indicate anger, again, which has been used for a long ass time.

Now, I will admit she is smarter than you, but that isn't a huge hurdle to leap over.

She used pink to indicate love. That has been used for a very long time. She used green to indicate sickness which has been used for a long time. She used red to indicate anger, again, which has been used for a long ass time.

Now, I will admit she is smarter than you, but that isn't a huge hurdle to leap over.

green was disgust

orange was anger

i think the inspiration was Inside Out, one of her favorite movies.

Oh, I just automatically assumed it was an Andy Warhol imitation. Whatever. Art was never my thing.

you mean continue to encourage her :)

No, you really should specifically encourage her to continue, to develop, and to improve. She has an interest and some talent, and with time and effort she could do great things. Not just things that are great for a kid in grade school. Foster an environment that values growth, not merely achievement.

No, you really should specifically encourage her to continue, to develop, and to improve. She has an interest and some talent, and with time and effort she could do great things. Not just things that are great for a kid in grade school. Foster an environment that values growth, not merely achievement.

Hush

Sorry. We didn't realize that insinuating the value of a proactive stance should not be underestimated, particularly when your child's happiness is involved, would upset your delicate... "sensibilities."

By all means, hinder her future how best you see fit.

thats great, i love it! <3

i just love the artwork of little ones. i love art in general but kids tend to not be so pretentious when it comes to their art and i find that so very very refreshing.

Yah i love that this art gallery is displaying art from all the elementary schools. Its very cool. Im going back next weekend hopefully. I could only stay long enough to check out madison's art because my moms legs were bothering her.

Sorry. We didn't realize that insinuating the value of a proactive stance should not be underestimated, particularly when your child's happiness is involved, would upset your delicate... "sensibilities."

By all means, hinder her future how best you see fit.

Yah constantly buying her paint, color pencils, crayons..paying for gymnastics and singing lessons and taking her to muesuems and libaries every weekend is definitely hindering her...or maybe you don't know who you are talking to.

Indeed, We don't know your life. Nor do We much care to.

What We know is that in this thread when the notion of striving for something better was mentioned, you reacted first with casual disdain, and then with more or less outright hostility.

What We know is that in this thread when the notion of striving for something better was mentioned, you reacted first with casual disdain, and then with more or less outright hostility.

Yah wouldn't you if you spent 7 years pushing a heavy rock up a hill and some who has no rock walks past and says "hey, you should push a heavy rock up this hill. Its good exercise "

This is due to the fact that fuggs intends this thread to be a demonstration of her "motherly prowess" instead of her child's artistic ability.

Not really. We would be secure in our own prowess, and not feel compelled to correct their ignorance. Also, probably too busy looking for a heavier rock, or a higher hill.

You obviously arent a parent or you would know better than to tell someone how to raise their kid. That or youre just a self righteous asshole.

The thread died, and you bumped it with just "#bettathanyomama".

With this and the science thread it really does look like you're proud of yourself and not your daughter. Patting yourself on the back for her accomplishments is disgusting.

Im a single mom doing this shit on my own and my kid out performs kids with two parents with loads more money.....fuck yah i think im doing fucking great. Way better than my parents.....and most of your moms lol