UnevenEdge

Tokyo Ghoul "Tragedy" Episode 1 Discussion Thread, The Ghouls Come Out at Night

thumb-1920-546902.jpg

東京喰種トーキョーグール (Tōkyō Gūru)

Animation Work: Studio Pierrot

"Tragedy" (悲劇, Higeki)

Episode 1

Toonami Airdate: 1:00am 3/26/2017 Sunday morning

Ken Kaneki thinks he has found the perfect girl. However everything is not how it seems,

and sometimes the truth can be

hard to swallow

Original Air Date: "July 4, 2014"

Opening: "Unravel" by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure

Ending: "Saints" (聖者たち Seijatachi) performed by People In The Box

Episode Direction by:

"Morita Shuuhei"

Storyboard by:

"Morita Shuuhei"

Animation Direction by: "Miwa Kazuhiro"

Join us for Toonami's newest addition Tokyo Ghoul

64eb0f7b5bec7f71b5c9c4b262f0b148.jpg

Only on Toonami

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The series opener has the MC go out on a date with the girl for the first time, with the implication that something ugly's about to happen to him right near the end of it.

If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought [as] picked up High School DxD. But of course Tokyo Ghoul makes more sense.

[censorship sucks]

I like that mature bloody edge is finally returning to the lineup! It's been something that's been sorely missing since the Phantom Blood Arc of JoJo ended.

I dunno; that wasn't exactly super bloody either! Parasyte was probably the last really bloody show we've had on Toonami!

I like that mature bloody edge is finally returning to the lineup! It's been something that's been sorely missing since the Phantom Blood Arc of JoJo ended.

I dunno; that wasn't exactly super bloody either! Parasyte was probably the last really bloody show we've had on Toonami!

A lot of reviewers actually compare Ghoul and Parasyte, saying that Ghoul is basically a really bad version of it.

Will probably rewatch this tomorrow, because I am certainly not sober, and I already think it's awesome.

That never happens.

Stop drinking right this second and eat something and you might remember and still retain the euphoria feeling.