UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

On 7/30/2024 at 8:53 AM, André Toulon said:

Wow...the Deadvorine movie was complete horseshit. I feel bad for Hugh....His whole sacrificial thing totally shit on for fanservice

Deadpool has always come off as very lazy comedy. You have to do more than break the fourth wall to be funny.

Maybe try telling a joke.

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

Deadpool has always come off as very lazy comedy. You have to do more than break the fourth wall to be funny.

Maybe try telling a joke.

That's the entire movie...that and some lame call backs. Imagine just throwing away the Sabertooth plot points just to give Pyro a Character arc.

Sure, we can call back to X-Men origins...back when Sabertooth was cool and Deadpool had his fucking mouth sewn up and give us the rematch we've waited nigh 20 years to see. Or we can make a tepid joke out of it and say fuck 30 more times. Quality content 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 11:34 PM, André Toulon said:

That's the entire movie...that and some lame call backs. Imagine just throwing away the Sabertooth plot points just to give Pyro a Character arc.

Sure, we can call back to X-Men origins...back when Sabertooth was cool and Deadpool had his fucking mouth sewn up and give us the rematch we've waited nigh 20 years to see. Or we can make a tepid joke out of it and say fuck 30 more times. Quality content 

idk man I liked the new Deadpool movie. The story itself was really barebones and nothing of consequence seemed to have happened. But it was a fun little romp and I enjoyed myself. Not going to pretend like the original run of Xmen movies was all that great, either. They were goofy and charming and much too early to the dinner table. This movie wasn't high art or anything and it has a weird lingering feeling of being cheap, but it was fun. I like fun movies. It's how I feel about modern video games. So many of them get lost in the weeds trying to be super serious and the next big thing and they fumble out the gate while little indie studios pump out some flash in the pan fun. And that's what this new Deadpool movie is; flash in the pan fun. Marvel stuff has sucked for ages now to the point where I wonder if any of it was even good to begin with. This kind of movie is welcome in my book, provided it doesn't teach the wrong lessons to the wrong people and we get a bunch of misfire multiverse crap. Deadpool works for me because there's a long cooldown between movies but they are fun for a moment when they show up.

• Like 1

the whole concept of praying to god for something is stupid. 

if the abrahamic god is, as his followers believe, omniscient, then he already knows what you're going to ask, making the act unnecessary. furthermore, he's already seen every possible outcome and has chosen the best one, again making prayer unnecessary. also, also, many scholars interpret the biblical prohibition against taking the lord's name in vain to actually be a prohibition against invoking god to do your bidding (as was often the practice with followers of pagan religions). 

Edited by nameraka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hate the term Metroidvania. That is not a fucking genre. Those games have almost nothing in common at their roots besides being 2D.  Castlevania largely being a side scrolling (yes some stage areas scroll up or down) platformer, and Metroid being a platforming dungeon crawler.

The only way to marry the two is if your first trip into Dracula's castle was SotN. And if that's the case, you don't have any business naming shit.

• Thanks 2

Don’t pretend to take alcoholism seriously if you’re some fucking ditz with 24K likes on Twitter going “oh my gawl we like..literally totally LITERALLY naturalized alcoholism!”

I get withdraws and need that shit to be happy. You live in a gated community and were born with a silver cock in your mouth. Stay in art school, toots.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Home Alone is a prequel to the Saw movies.

Change my mind.

I don't disagree but the real horror show happened in between the two, at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. 😱

Huh, and that emoji looks a lot like Kevin too. 😱

• Haha 3

So Linkin Park has resurfaced with a new singer and to the surprise of no one there some mixed reactions to this. To the people who have an issue with the new vocalist, I understand where you're coming from. You got STP going on without Scott Weiland and AIC going on without Layne Staley. It looks weird without them. You wouldn't try to replace Chris Cornell in Soundgarden or Dolores O'riordan in the Cranberries. But when it comes to Linkin Park (and here's my unpopular opionion) the band can continue on without Chester Bennington. I say this because while Chester was the voice of LP, Mike Shinoda is the architech and the heart and soul of LP. Let's say that it was Mike who died instead Chester and LP wanted to reform with a new emcee replacing Mike. They would have a harder time selling that to fans than a new singer replacing Chester. Not take anything away from Chester as he was a very important memember of LP but without Mike there is no Linkin Park period so I think they'll be just fine with their new vocalist. 

Edited by Dusty Shackleford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Dusty Shackleford said:

So Linkin Park has resurfaced with a new singer and to the surprise of no one there some mixed reactions to this. To the people who have an issue with the new vocalist, I understand where you're coming from. You got STP going on without Scott Weiland and AIC going on without Layne Staley. It looks weird without them. You wouldn't try to replace Chris Cornell in Soundgarden or Dolores O'riordan in the Cranberries. But when it comes to Linkin Park (and here's my unpopular opionion) the band can continue on without Chester Bennington. I say this because while Chester was the voice of LP, Mike Shinoda is the architech and the heart and soul of LP. Let's say that it was Mike who died instead Chester and LP wanted to reform with a new emcee replacing Mike. They would have a harder time selling that to fans than a new singer replacing Chester. Not take anything away from Chester as he was a very important memember of LP but without Mike there is no Linkin Park period so I think they'll be just fine with their new vocalist. 

I just want to add "There are people out there who pay for tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd perform despite the fact that the current group that is touring had to wait for the last founding member to die SO THEY COULD TOUR AGAIN."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1