UnevenEdge

Waiting for the parody shoe to drop...

rpgamer

Why tf is there a shitty serial killer documentary on [as]? Are there supposed to be April Fools' fart sounds or something? Gave this a few minutes waiting for a Too Many Cooks situation, something stupid to happen, anything absurd, before looking this up and it's just an actual regular Discovery ID show? With a name like "Very Scary People" I was at least expecting a dumb parody of the genre.

They even minimized it during regular "credits" time to show a R&M ad, while the show was still running (since I presume it's an hour long program?).

I'm still not entirely convinced that "Very Scary People" isn't exactly something [as] would come up with to make up stupid fake serial killer stories for spooky month.

Aaaand, we're back. R&M up as scheduled. Just a full 30 minutes of the wrong program that doesn't even fit the time slot (I assume).

Edited by rpgamer

It’s a real show that airs on the ID network. Has to be a monumental blunder for this to have happened when American Dad should have been playing. Usually mistakes of this caliber are reserved for Toonami hours. 

I love how no matter what happens on AS, people will stick with it for 30+ minutes asking themselves “is this some kind of gag? The joke will hit any second now!” You really just never know. 

• Haha 2

I think a couple of weeks ago they started using a unified broadcast presentation...thing based on Discovery's visuals and things have been screwed up on different channels ever since.

Sources: The audio during AEW Dynamite has been fucked up at times two weeks in a row AND DirecTV's channel guide originally thought this week's episode started at 3PM instead of 7PM.

On 10/6/2023 at 4:25 AM, Toonamiguy321 said:

I love how no matter what happens on AS, people will stick with it for 30+ minutes asking themselves “is this some kind of gag? The joke will hit any second now!” You really just never know. 

The worst part, as buddy pointed out, is that somewhere in those 30 minutes you still come to the conclusion that it must be some kind of gag, but it's just not a funny one. We're so used to [as] also being terrible that we just accept that sometimes the "so bad it's good" is really just bad.

[as] started declining since about a decade and a half back but I never thought they’d be put in a position where on top of this, they’re unironically airing chick flicks like Legally Blonde.

People like to harp on the “oh hee hee haha they doin the bit tickle my balls” but I can hardly even decipher their dog shit anymore.

Oh right ACME Night is now part of AS so they’re straight up airing live action movies just about every week now. It has finally come to that.

We truly have been conditioned to believe any serious live action thing on AS is gonna be satire by the end but now that’s not always the case. And this time it was a massive mistake by master control.

8 hours ago, rpgamer said:

The worst part, as buddy pointed out, is that somewhere in those 30 minutes you still come to the conclusion that it must be some kind of gag, but it's just not a funny one. We're so used to [as] also being terrible that we just accept that sometimes the "so bad it's good" is really just bad.

AS was the first place I saw ads for Pooph, and the first 2-3 times I kinda just half watched it and I was certain it was an AS created gag ad. Like I see the dude spray the bottle straight into his mouth and immediately think to myself oh yea, this is just some AS bit. Then I saw it on another channel and realized it was an actual product.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

AS was the first place I saw ads for Pooph, and the first 2-3 times I kinda just half watched it and I was certain it was an AS created gag ad. Like I see the dude spray the bottle straight into his mouth and immediately think to myself oh yea, this is just some AS bit. Then I saw it on another channel and realized it was an actual product.

I forget the name right now but there was a commercial for some musician's greatest hits airing on [as] once and I felt really bad when I googled it and realized that the reason he had glasses on and his mouth open was because he was BLIND and not as part of some bit :| 

• Haha 1