UnevenEdge

RIP Johnny Hardwick, Voice of character icon Dale Gribble

34 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Comedy and art continues to be a dying breed with all these passings.

KOTH’s reboot will undeniably fail. Just another reason why products should be allowed to end.

I wonder if any voice work had been done yet. If not, this may be the finishing blow for the reboot. It could have gotten by without Luanne and Lucky, but Dale is simply too significant to be written out. I don’t think people would want a recast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I wonder if any voice work had been done yet. If not, this may be the finishing blow for the reboot. It could have gotten by without Luanne and Lucky, but Dale is simply too significant to be written out. I don’t think people would want a recast. 

Maybe they could welcome Kahn into the group?

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

But do you really want to watch a Dale Gribble-less King of the Hill?

I'm not that attached to him. I'm more worried about the lack of Luanne and Lucky...

I wish it was Peggy but meh, Daleless is fine.

This was probably never going to go well anyway. Koth did it's job, I don't think it needs to come back in any capacity 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Maybe they could welcome Kahn into the group?

They have tried many times to bring Kahn in, he doesn’t want to hang out with hillbilly redneck. Plus, it’s not about just filling a body, Dale was a unique an irreplaceable character. 

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

This is easy....have Dale actually picked up by the government...not for any of the things he thought they wanted him for, but because the Rusty Shackleford thing finally came back to bite him in the ass.

Have Dale for the first time ever take Hank’s advice on something only to be taken by the feds for doing so. 

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

I'm not that attached to him. I'm more worried about the lack of Luanne and Lucky...

Really? Lucky is usually cited as one of the worst things to happen to KotH, and Luanne being gone would only be slightly noticeable 

34 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Really? Lucky is usually cited as one of the worst things to happen to KotH, and Luanne being gone would only be slightly noticeable 

I actually hate them both...but it was kinda my way of saying I won't miss Gribble.

Lucky was the red neckiest red neck in red neck county....he was awful....even drawn awful.... especially his teeth. 

But my least favorite characters have always been Peggy and Dale. I get why people like him, but I don't.

4 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

I know it’s gonna be bad, just hope it’s not Sony utterly failing with Boondocks level bad. 

Anyway, these scenes from the inception of the show would always put me in a laughing fit.

Really need just a general statement from Mike Judge. Their chemistry was unmatched.

The first one he may not even be 100% wrong on. Early era emissions equipment on 80s vehicles was often the source of problems. Not for the reasons given, just that the technology was rushed out the door. 

In the second one, the way he says “no… no!” to getting his ass kicked is great. Early era KotH had him deliver the dialog differently, it’s a lot deeper and more monotone. 

As sad and unfortunate as this news is, the fact that the main form of recognition and remembrance are posting clips of Dale's greatest lines and even those that weren't so great but still amusing is a comforting fact. Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened.

R.I.P.

• Thanks 2