UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor the Fourth Challenge: Wait, You Put WHAT In The Punch?

Game Master

So Team Dean held on to the lead this time and finished with a dominating victory… with that we have a holiday to celebrate.

Just how are we going to do that?  That’s your next task.  Each of our competitors must now come up with a way to ring in Banana Sticker Day.  It could be a banana themed recipe.  It could be a funny “memory” from past holidays.  It could be plans for a carnival with themed rides, or a concert.  Try not to go overboard - when I said rituals, I didn’t mean cultish rituals with religious overtones.   It doesn’t have to be family friendly, just light and in good fun.

Submissions are due in one week, Sunday 11pm EDT.  The top seven vote getters move on to the penultimate round. And, the big reveal:  the six winners of immunity automatically get a vote.

Good Luck, Survivors!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but some clarification would be helpful. We are working alone this time, right? No more teams?

You’re submitting individual, yes.  I’m not closing the clubs, so you can still chat there if you would like to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I already have several ideas for this. Can we turn in more than one entry? (Probably not, but I wanted to ask anyway.)

Edit: I guess we could do that by incorporating said ideas into a one big idea: a festival of sorts.

Edited by Gemini
Forgot "a" for some reason. XD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I already have several ideas for this. Can we turn in more than one entry? (Probably not, but I wanted to ask anyway.)

Edit: I guess we could do that by incorporating said ideas into a one big idea: festival of sorts.

You can turn in however many you would like, but you only get voted on the one you submit for voting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You can turn in however many you would like, but you only get voted on the one you submit for voting.

So a day-long festival-type celebration is probably the solution to this question. Understood.

Edited by Gemini
To me, that would make the most sense if you have more than one idea.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’ve got one or two ideas floating around in my head as well. Just waiting for more to pop up, so I can unravel them and choose one.

Same here.  I'm trying to decide between two things.  I'll probably go with the easier idea

than the harder one but I haven't made up my mind yet.

• Like 1

Just now, The_annoying_one said:

I agree with you 100%. I am so tired of racking my brain with all of this that I may actually go crazy soon. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Right now I'm 90% sure I'll choose the easier option.  I just don't know how to go about it.

It doesn't help that I don't know the show at all.  So I'm thinking of doing a basic outline for the easy part

and then watching a couple episodes or at least part of a couple episodes so I know what I'm dealing with.

1 minute ago, blueraven1999 said:

Right now I'm 90% sure I'll choose the easier option.  I just don't know how to go about it.

It doesn't help that I don't know the show at all.  So I'm thinking of doing a basic outline for the easy part

and then watching a couple episodes or at least part of a couple episodes so I know what I'm dealing with.

I once again agree with you. The easier option sounds good.

I was never a big fan of the show myself, but I did probably see a few episodes. I may see if they’re on YouTube tomorrow, since that’s my only real option. I also have Netflix, but I highly doubt it’s streaming there.

8 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I once again agree with you. The easier option sounds good.

I was never a big fan of the show myself, but I did probably see a few episodes. I may see if they’re on YouTube tomorrow, since that’s my only real option. I also have Netflix, but I highly doubt it’s streaming there.

That's more than what I watched.  Back when it aired I saw the ads for the show and had no interest so I never watch it.

I'm hoping that the episodes will be on Hulu but if not, I might be able to find some clips on YouTube.  Plus there's probably a good

chance that I could order the Metalocalypse dvds from my library if those ideas don't work but by the time I could pick them up, I probably

wouldn't have enough time to work on the project.  Hulu has a bunch of shows from Cartoon Network so I think there's a chance it will work out.

Regardless I'm pretty sure my idea is very different from the show.  I'm not into adult cartoons very much and prefer the kid/family cartoons.

Edited by blueraven1999

Now, that is a great idea. I could download a 7-day free trial of Hulu tomorrow. Although, that wouldn’t give me much time to watch it, since I’m usually pretty busy.

If you’re only into family-friendly cartoons, I would highly recommend not watching this one. I don’t remember much about it, but I do remember it being pretty graphic.
Also, going a little lighter with our submissions this round sounds good. Both teams went a bit too far last time, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Now, that is a great idea. I could download a 7-day free trial of Hulu tomorrow. Although, that wouldn’t give me much time to watch it, since I’m usually pretty busy.

If you’re only into family-friendly cartoons, I would highly recommend not watching this one. I don’t remember much about it, but I do remember it being pretty graphic.
Also, going a little lighter with our submissions this round sounds good. Both teams went a bit too far last time, in my humble opinion.

Yeah I don't think I'll get very far into watching the show.

Pretty sure I'll probably watch 5-10 minutes of one episode and then be done.

That would be enough to know how dark to make it anyway.  That's the main thing I want to know.

Edit: I just checked Hulu.  Metalocalypse is only available if you have the watch with live tv plan which I think is $70.

Which I think is way too much money. I only have basic Hulu with ads so I can't watch it.

There are a lot of Metalocalpyse clips on YouTube so that's enough for me.

One great thing about Hulu is that a new season of Futurama is coming July 24th.

I'm really looking forward to the new season.  I love Futurama.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Each episode is only about 10 minutes long, if memory serves. And I think one or two episodes would be more than enough to show its darkness.

That’s awesome about Futurama. I do have Hulu, but I rarely watch it for some reason.

That's good to know.  I found several Metalocalpyse YT videos that are about 10 minutes long showing clips from a couple episodes.

That's good enough.  I only have Hulu and Disney+.  Right now I mostly just have Disney+ to rewatch old Disney afternoon cartoons and Marvel cartoons.

I've been rewatching X-Men Evolution with a 4 and a half year old I babysit on Fridays.  It's his reward for doing the word game his grandma has downstairs for him.

To be honest, if I wasn't babysitting I'd probably get rid of Disney+ and get Apple TV+ instead.  There's a Peanuts show I'm interested in on it.

I mostly have Hulu for anime.  Right now I'm watching That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime and the second season of Mushoku Tensai.

Also for non anime, I've been watching The Simpsons S34, the Animaniacs reboot, and I just finished watching Star vs. The Forces of Evil. 

That was such a good show.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Game Master said:

So Team Dean held on to the lead this time and finished with a dominating victory… with that we have a holiday to celebrate.

Just how are we going to do that?  That’s your next task.  Each of our competitors must now come up with a way to ring in Banana Sticker Day.  It could be a banana themed recipe.  It could be a funny “memory” from past holidays.  It could be plans for a carnival with themed rides, or a concert.  Try not to go overboard - when I said rituals, I didn’t mean cultish rituals with religious overtones.   It doesn’t have to be family friendly, just light and in good fun.

Submissions are due in one week, Sunday 11pm EDT.  The top seven vote getters move on to the penultimate round. And, the big reveal:  the six winners of immunity automatically get a vote.

Good Luck, Survivors!

Do we submit here, or do we pm them to you?

• Like 1

Welcome all to Molarbear's "Golden Banana Sticker Day" celebration!

What does this day include?

It's fairly simple, every citizen of the world is sent a package of golden stickers they are allowed to give out at the local petting zoos established in every city....everywhere (don't ask how on the logistics, you don't question Santa or the Easter Bunny just admire the hedgehog and remember, this is a day I made.. so there's a giant field full of pups that are just prancing around waiting to play)

Later on when the younger crowds have had their fill the adult activities begin...

The yearly "Try to out party Mr. Ed in his prime" challenge. Yes, this horse many of us grew up watching at our grandparents house did not die from horsey old age like you were lead to believe. This Horse had a 15 hooker, 3 8-ball, hot tub full of grey horse (grey goose use to have a different animal!) brunch habit that he chased away in his later years with horrid Ivermectin habit, and now you too can try to live like Mr. Ed for a night (horse banana not included)

Finally once everyone is good and out of their damn minds we all join a group of baby seals to Hail Zorp the Surveyor! He's a 28 foot tall lizard dude who is suppose to bring about the world's end, but I think they have some kind of deal worked out with him where he just avenges all the seals that those european peeps still club, by setting them ablaze (seal snoot boops are heavily encouraged, even when their eyes start glowing red mid seance)

After that everyone magically has banana pudding show up in their fridge...because I'm high and it sounds fucking delicious

-end submission

HH golden banana.jpg

how mr ed died.jpg

seal zorp.jpg

banana-pudding-12-732x1024.jpg

baby elphanto 2.jpg

Edited by molarbear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, scoobdog said:

If you’re not playing the game or administering it (currently that’s Pooh, Pat and potentially Star Panda), please do not offer challenge advice.  However well meaning it might be, it could undermine the challenge itself.

It wasnt that serious man, I honestly didn't care....

I was going to say...

Nevermind, I'm just gonna stop everything. I'll be back on submission day. I like to milk it (actually just really lazy)

Edited by André Toulon
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

It wasnt that serious man, I honestly didn't care....

I was going to say...

Nevermind, I'm just gonna stop everything. I'll be back on submission day. I like to milk it (actually just really lazy)

Doomy didn't want to commit to playing so he don't have shit to say about the game.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Doomy didn't want to commit to playing so he don't have shit to say about the game.

Okay.  But...I'm pretty sure he would have given helpful advice equally to anybody participating.  But I get it.

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

I'm leaving the game.

I'll miss you. Even though it's individual, I'm pretty sure all of Team Dean will.

Also if anyone was going to take your place, it would make sense for it to be StarPanda but

since it's almost to the end of the competition, I don't think anyone will.  A lot of people will

be eliminated this round anyway.

• Thanks 3