UnevenEdge

take it to rants

granzchesta

3 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Remember pushkin? She was a huge cunt and the queen of rants.

I do remember her!  It’s why I didn’t venture over there but I did like a phrase that she coined: “pathetisad” 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:58 AM, mthor said:

Remember her? I still have the scars from the welcome to rants curbstomping.

You know, I don’t think she ever really bothered with me much.  But, it was something else seeing her go after people.

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You know, I don’t think she ever really bothered with me much.  But, it was something else seeing her go after people.

After the first time, she left me alone. I got the feeling that it was a welcome to rants thing, and if you came back afterwards, you were considered worthy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mthor said:

After the first time, she left me alone. I got the feeling that it was a welcome to rants thing, and if you came back afterwards, you were considered worthy.

Possibly.  She was frequently wrong as far as I can remember.

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Possibly.  She was frequently wrong as far as I can remember.

I don't know - that was back when I was working 60 hrs a week between two jobs, so I wasn't on that much.

6 minutes ago, mthor said:

I don't know - that was back when I was working 60 hrs a week between two jobs, so I wasn't on that much.

When you first saw her, you got the impression she knew what she was talking about because she was a real confident bullshitter.  You rarely saw old timers (people with ‘03 or ‘04) get involved with her posts which struck me as odd.  More often than not she was arguing something I either didn’t really care about or didn’t particularly disagree with so it was just a show.  It was at least a year before I felt the need to research something because it sounded off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m sorry. :LithiumSmileySad:

Yeah, some Ranters were even bigger jerks than Pod 6. :LithiumSmileyAngry:

No, I just didn't know where their mouths had been and didn't want to find out by culturing something on a boo-boo received from tripping on a wang. :D:D:D 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

No, I just didn't know where their mouths had been and didn't want to find out by culturing something on a boo-boo received from tripping on a wang. :D:D:D 

Okay, that’s more than fair. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I really shouldn’t talk crap about Rants. It was pretty much my home away from IB.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:33 PM, scoobdog said:

Actually she left me alone too.  I posted maybe a dozen times in rants (in friend’s posts).

I was mostly on the boards to goof-off and hopefully get a laugh. So the vibe over there was just too much effort for me. 

btw:  I remember you from some my fav Cowboy Bebop threads I would lurk in.  😁

Edited by eklipse
Grammarz lulz
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Actually she left me alone too.  I posted maybe a dozen time in rants (in friends posts).

I was mostly on the boards to goof-off and hopefully get a laugh. So the vibe over there was just too much effort for me. 

btw:  I remember you from some my fav Cowboy Bebop threads I would lurk in.  😁

I remember you being a fairly confident poster and there was no way she was messing with anyone that was going to call her out.

I miss those threads!  CB is definitely making an appearance in the Survivor game.

Some fans were never going to like it.  It’s not perfect (and Vicious is ironically cartoonish), but it’s a different way at looking at the source material.  If you’ve deep dived the original, you appreciate how the LA is authentic to the characters while adapting the story.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 10:23 AM, granzchesta said:

Oh man, I loved the live action Cowboy Bebop. It was cheesy in some places but it was also fun and different. I will be forever salty about how fans and Netflix treated it without giving it more of a chance.

i forgot about it but maybe i'll readd it to my mental list of things to watch

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:23 AM, granzchesta said:

Oh man, I loved the live action Cowboy Bebop. It was cheesy in some places but it was also fun and different. I will be forever salty about how fans and Netflix treated it without giving it more of a chance.

Me too!!  Toxic fans. :LithiumSmileyAngry:  It was a really good show that captured the spirit (well I guess except for Vicious but still…)

And I liked who they cast as Fay damnit.  She got so much criticism but she was great.

• Like 1