UnevenEdge

Target Triggers Conservative Parents w/Its LGBTQ…

1pooh4u

Damn these corporations just squeeze every single penny from and off of the lgbtq community during pride month.  Target claims the clothing line is created by designers in the community so I guess that’s cool. But what about the rest of the year?  “Fuck their designs from July-May”

• Like 1

how dare anyone recognize that tweens have feelings too. god forbid they don't want their bits outlined. or lil mama is embarrassed the sudden growth spurt and her little niblets became full on cobs. 

BUT, fuck target. that corp. mentality.

and fuck the right wing nutters.  this country has lost all sense of what is up. 

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

how dare anyone recognize that tweens have feelings too. god forbid they don't want their bits outlined. or lil mama is embarrassed the sudden growth spurt and her little niblets became full on cobs. 

BUT, fuck target. that corp. mentality.

and fuck the right wing nutters.  this country has lost all sense of what is up. 

It’s not even that deep even if there’s a onesie that says “trans lives matter” for a baby, so what?  Babies are allowed to have transgender parents. It’s not unheard of. People are so stupid. But definitely fuck all these companies only giving a dick one month a year. 
they do the same shit during Black history month. Only with that Walmart gives props to Black history and the Black community by stealing ice cream flavors from small Black businesses 

• Thanks 3

Target moving it’s Pride stuff to the back of the store in some of their southern locations. Typical corporate bullshit. They were never REALLY going to stand by the LGBTQ community. 
It’s always about the money.  We stay in infinite wars for the almighty $. No way was Target sticking its corporate neck out to stick up for anyone 

https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/target-holds-emergency-meeting-over-lgbtq-merchandise-in-southern-stores/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=ru.reactivephone.MobileSearch.OpenInSearchUI

• Thanks 2

For years, I have been fearing an anti-LGBTQ backlash. When marriage equality was made the law of the land in 2015, I braced for it. But it didn't come. At least not noticably. 

Is this the backlash now? Maybe. I'm not really paying attention to these jerks who are complaining about Bud Light or Target. Just because it's easier not to. I don't want to be sad listening to what they're saying. That was also my approach 25 years ago when homophobia was considered common sense, so I may not be able to tell when someone is a serious bigoted threat or not. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Can we throw right-wing homophobes and transphobes in the gulags already? At the very least, terminate the red states' statehood, downgrade them to territories, and send the tanks on them.

I’m only laughing because a few years ago I would have written you off as ridiculous but then the entire country turned into a cesspool circus, and then just like that, your ideas start sounding appealing 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

For years, I have been fearing an anti-LGBTQ backlash. When marriage equality was made the law of the land in 2015, I braced for it. But it didn't come. At least not noticably. 

Is this the backlash now? Maybe. I'm not really paying attention to these jerks who are complaining about Bud Light or Target. Just because it's easier not to. I don't want to be sad listening to what they're saying. That was also my approach 25 years ago when homophobia was considered common sense, so I may not be able to tell when someone is a serious bigoted threat or not. 

Well shit is getting pretty bad out there. So many states have passed anti lgbtq legislation specifically targeting young transgender individuals.  People on social media are putting out videos claiming “they’re hunting for lgbtq and allies” and then they filmed themselves destroying a target display and yelling “it’s the devil” earlier this year or late last year a few transgender streamers were doxxed and SWATed. The other day Ted Cruz received backlash from his own people for speaking out against Uganda and their enforcement of the death penalty on people from the lgbtq community.  I mean fuck Ted Cruz, now he can see the absolute insanity he and his ilk have created with their rhetoric against “wokeness”  they now no longer hide that they really want the lgbtq community completely eliminated. 
I say all this to say it’s appropriate to worry now. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It doesn't have a blue checkmark, so I'ma need them to pony up then 8 bucks....is it still 8 bucks, I don't keep up with this other than watching y'all talk about it

I think it's actually $11 but you might get the 'special deal' of $8 as an incentive to pony up. Unfortunately, it's also automatically pulled from whatever you attach to it to pay for it and knowing how f-ed up the site is in general, it'll suck money out for months after you cancel. 

But if you are an absolute sperg of a human, Husk will likely follow you in order to boost your racisms regardless of having that paid-for Blue Anus Badge. 

• Thanks 1

Queer generally means "radical or activist in asserting rights, both the individual's and the community's". It denotes kind of a mission in addition to an identity. 

That can apply to all LGBTQ people to an extent, but there are plenty who are just trying to live their life and not always thinking about community action. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Queer generally means "radical or activist in asserting rights, both the individual's and the community's". It denotes kind of a mission in addition to an identity. 

That can apply to all LGBTQ people to an extent, but there are plenty who are just trying to live their life and not always thinking about community action. 

Really?

Glad I asked because that is not what I was expecting 

On 6/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, Icarus27k said:

this is pretty much my understanding. that said, people who are just trying to live their lives can also consider themselves queer and i wouldn't argue, but to me it does also carry the weight of queer history and the struggle for liberation, and i hope to be a part of that.

• Like 1

i don't like that queer has to keep changing meaning. my dearest and trusist best friend is gay. hell, i knew, before he ever came out. never said a word. until HE started to joke that i was his '***hag' and that was completely fucking acceptable when we went to the clubs. the gay clubs. the queer clubs. the drag clubs. the all of that clubs. and before that even. in the 80's. that's all i ever knew of being queer/gay/dq life. in the 80's, the media quickly deemed  'life choices', so as to align with the fear mongering and the AIDS epedimic. i knew many gay people in the service. i didn't have to ask, and fuck off if i would tell. that was one of the worst platforms. ever. 

but i digress. i hate that this is an argument. but what i hate more is that the GOB, in one slice of the blade, completely eliminated women's reproductive rights. and that's not saying, one thing is better/worse/wtfe. it's saying that, if no one is paying attention. we are so rapidely deteriorating as a nation. we are becoming, i might even argue, are, a third world nation. and ^we^ have been, once again, put at odds with each other. over something that should just fucking already by a fundamental human right. the right to just fucking be. 

and the dems. trust. only a fool believes the current party choice has their best interest in mind. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

that seems to be 'yahoo news' mostly: how gay, or lbgqt supporting country performers are getting a shit ton of back lash. 

how the nation needs to be poised for the disney/desantis feud. 

how the GOP wants everybody to circle back around, about the fucking emails. 

clown show. 

• Like 1