UnevenEdge

Day 2, The Discussion

The_annoying_one

Was the challenge prompt easy to understand?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Was the challenge prompt easy to understand?

• Yes - I had no questions about it.
    • Yes, Conditionally - I had questions, but I could work with the prompt without any further input.
    • No - I was not able to proceed without a clarification.
  2. 2. Before participating, how would your rate the challenge?

• 1. It got my creative juices flowing.
    • 2. It's kind of simple, but l the process is will be enjoyable.
    • 3. I'm more interested in what other people came up with.
    • 4. It's OK, but I would participate only to continue to the next round.
    • 5. I don't find the challenge interesting at all.

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Sated momentarily by your sacrifice, the ASMBeast is pleased, but still it hungers...and it also "thirsts". Yes, the beast has a date and wants to show his lady a good time.  Who would date such a fiend? Well it seems he managed to woo the infamous Faye Valentine and it was just like that, love was in the air. alas his composition is that of a slug inside and it can ingest no sodium and poor Faye has climbing blood pressure issues....life of a bounty hunter is not without it's stress

Go forth, and find me an edible item with 0 sodium (this includes all other names for salt) in the nutritional facts/ingredients. The most unique submission will be spared... I'm thinking the tastiest option would be the best but don't be afraid to think outside of the box. 

I await your return.

......and before you ask, the salt from devouring humans doesn't harm him because reasons😠

If you're talking about a restaurant or cooking, sushi is all I got. Depending on how the rice is cooked(restaurant), the salt might be added after the rice is done and not while it's simmering.

Just now, DragonSinger said:

If you're talking about a restaurant or cooking, sushi is all I got. Depending on how the rice is cooked(restaurant), the salt might be added after the rice is done and not while it's simmering.

I'm talking about literally going to your cabinet and just finding something that says it has no salt....even just snap a pic at a grocery store....I just don't want intent pics...I should say that in the op 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I'm talking about literally going to your cabinet and just finding something that says it has no salt....even just snap a pic at a grocery store....I just don't want intent pics...I should say that in the op 

That's what you get for making up games in the morning so I only read like half your post. Edible as in taste good by itself or can be consumed without dying? All I got of the former is produce that ain't come with daggone nutritional facts, and nothing but rice and dry pasta for the latter.

3 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

That's what you get for making up games in the morning so I only read like half your post. Edible as in taste good by itself or can be consumed without dying? All I got of the former is produce that ain't come with daggone nutritional facts, and nothing but rice and dry pasta for the latter.

I would also like to add that what’s edible to one person may not be to another. Yeah, I’m being unnecessarily difficult. What of it?

7 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Ok, rice or pasta it is...I guess produce should count...like lettuce, but then I have to do research and shit....so if that's what you go with I guess it'll pass....there's like 6 people left or so? 

Not trying to make it harder than it has to be so we'll see what flies.... shenanigans are welcome....might net the win.....I mean the judges are Pooh, mthor and I guess I'll let Katt judge this one and I'll just sit over here observing since I got eaten

5 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I would also like to add that what’s edible to one person may not be to another. Yeah, I’m being unnecessarily difficult. What of it?

I'm not to picky on edible since some people eat soap....but soap doesn't come with nuti...well, does it have ingredients....

I guess soap counts if it does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Mostly, but I didn't specify it couldn't be from the internet....it's like a scavenger hunt you should be able to do at home, I was hoping

I don’t think I have a single sodium-free item in my house. A life without salt is a life I don’t wanna live.

I just realized that I can’t participate in this anyway since I was voted out in the last round. Sorry. I’m gonna go now.

Edited by The_annoying_one

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Does the item have to say “no salt” or can I just show ingredients cuz I got something but it doesn’t have the nutritional info but there definitely no salt in it

I think he means anything that can be considered a salt, including bath salts.

Really, this. (For example.)

Edited by hornedlizardman

2 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

I think he means anything that can be considered a salt, including bath salts.

Really, this. (For example.)

That’s not what I’m asking I understand that it has to be a salt free edible item I’m just asking if it needs to show nutritional info or can I just post a pic of the ingredients that clearly show there’s no salt 

7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That’s not what I’m asking I understand that it has to be a salt free edible item I’m just asking if it needs to show nutritional info or can I just post a pic of the ingredients that clearly show there’s no salt 

Okay. Let me put it this way: Any ingredient that has "sodium" as part of the name is basically a salt. There.

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

A suggestion for @André Toulon who can certainly disallow it...

As long as your can show an actual picture of the item you have in your cabinet or refrigeration, providing a nutritional value from other sources, including screenshots, could be acceptable.  It's worth noting that most produce and even most fruit has naturally occurring salts, so this may still require significant amount of creativity to work.

The point of the competition isn't what labels you have in your cabinet, it's to show the actual item.

I'm adding a poll to this that is not the same as the elimination poll.  We're still working our way through the process to see what works and what doesn't work in future iterations.

••••••••••••••Posts have been moved!•••••••••••••
I’ve moved all the non submission posts from the submission thread to here so the submission thread is easier to navigate for voting.  Only the people listed in the post of that thread (+Pooh) are eligible to vote.

Edited by scoobdog
See Note.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

I like to  discussion and observes till

Ok well there is a discussion thread and several others just to shit post...this one is for the actual submissions. We'll feed you to the beast Sunday but otherwise, just poke in and have fun doing whatever

Edited by André Toulon

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I wanted clarification didn’t get it reread the challenge and got it on the reread before Buddy answered what I asked 

After I saw what you posted in the challenge thread, I was like "Damn it! I should've known."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

To be honest, I'm not good at giving instructions or delegating authority so I always wind up doing shit myself and wording it the way it formulated in my head....not in an instructive manner 

You did fine I just had to slow down and read it again but you did answer my question, so thank you for that. 

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah I was like “Gotdammit Gemini” but on the inside 😆

But pooh, you have to understand something. You and Buddy use and talk about using medical marijuana whereas I am oblivous to it on a personal level. I absolutley one hundred percent support its usage, but I think we only have CBD gummies down here, which clearly aren't the same. So no wonder it didn't pop into my head before you posted it.

Edited by hornedlizardman
Wanted to clean it up to where it didn't sound like "you're into the stuff".