UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

everybody seems so happy. but i'm pretty sure this just secured trump into the oval office. and instead of the women, this time, he'll be using the men of the family. 

this doesn't seem like a great idea. but, this is the decision clooney and pelosi thought best for the nation. 

XD

giphy.gif

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

The nom is gonna be Harris. Something about it being easier because the war chest can just be transferred to her directly. Idk, it was some shit like that, that I read.  

Thats absolutely a big factor in it. Biden can just hand Harris his current warchest because she is already on the ticket. If its someone else then things get a lot more complicated.

1 minute ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Look for the calls for Biden to resign the Presidency to grow.

If he isnt able to campaign and run for 4 more years, how is he able to remain as POTUS?  Going to be a loootttttt of that question floating around.

No MD. I know you’re a little Chaos Goblin but just stop. I doubt large numbers of democrat politicians are going to make him resign. He already stepped aside for re-election.  That chapter is over. 

• Thanks 3

Lots of focus on the top of the ticket, and for good reason, but this likely has a bigger impact on down-ballot races.

Democrats were going to have to defend Biden and his obvious mental decline. Thats a totally unwinnable position, and something that Democrats themselves realized. Now that Biden isnt there, they arent going to have to answer those questions anymore.

Thats a huge deal for down-ballot Democrats in tight races.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

everybody seems so happy. but i'm pretty sure this just secured trump into the oval office. and instead of the woman, this time, he'll be using the men of the family. 

this doesn't seem like a great idea. but, this is the decision clooney and pelosi thought best for the nation. 

XD

giphy.gif

Idk if we’re doomed. Biden was not going to win. Almost every person that was going to vote for him was doing so because Biden isn’t Trump. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Lots of focus on the top of the ticket, and for good reason, but this likely has a bigger impact on down-ballot races.

Democrats were going to have to defend Biden and his obvious mental decline. Thats a totally unwinnable position, and something that Democrats themselves realized. Now that Biden isnt there, they arent going to have to answer those questions anymore.

Thats a huge deal for down-ballot Democrats in tight races.

I believe that was part of the reason.  They were polling really well on issues but Joe was an albatross.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

No MD. I know you’re a little Chaos Goblin but just stop. I doubt large numbers of democrat politicians are going to make him resign. He already stepped aside for re-election.  That chapter is over. 

I never said Democrats would do it. There might be a few, but not a ton. More likely you are going to see the GOP try and make it an issue for a bit as a way to stir up chaos.

Which, BTW, chaos goblin is pretty funny.

I do feel like I get a victory lap here considering I have been saying for months that Biden (and/or Trump) would not be the nominees in November.

I got Biden right, and came within an Inch of getting Trump right to.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I never said Democrats would do it. There might be a few, but not a ton. More likely you are going to see the GOP try and make it an issue for a bit as a way to stir up chaos.

Which, BTW, chaos goblin is pretty funny.

I do feel like I get a victory lap here considering I have been saying for months that Biden (and/or Trump) would not be the nominees in November.

I got Biden right, and came within an Inch of getting Trump right to.

Republicans might try to 25th amendment him but it won’t be successful 

Trump is already slamming Biden as the worst president in history after he dropped out. Biden most definitely was not the worst. Far from it. He had a strong consumer and labor protections record and a stronger economy than Trump.  Harris needs to capitalize on that. Dems need to hammer home everything that has improved. how inflation wasn’t inflation but corporate greed and how they will stop that from happening again (they won’t really but yk what I’m sayin)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Look for the calls for Biden to resign the Presidency to grow.

If he isnt able to campaign and run for 4 more years, how is he able to remain as POTUS?  Going to be a loootttttt of that question floating around.

We managed to survive 4 years of golf vacations and intentional spite as law, pretty damn sure we can survive 4+ months of someone who has it more together than someone actively shitting themselves in mixed company 24/7. 

• Thanks 1

I just saw. I was wrong on the question that Biden would stay in. And I strongly disagree with his decision to drop out. 

But I fully support Harris now, and it's absolutely imperative the Democrats do *not* fight over the nominee 3 months before the election. 

1 hour ago, Jman said:

I’m pretty sure Joe wouldn’t bounce unless he was ensured that there was a clear succession plan.

I was thinking it would have been more nuanced, so as to avoid the exact thing Johnson was threatening, but it looks like he was going for a more complete break.  He timed it about as perfectly as he could though… right after the GOP convention.  That was probably the “succession” plan itself.

56 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk if we’re doomed. Biden was not going to win. Almost every person that was going to vote for him was doing so because Biden isn’t Trump. 

I don’t think we’re doomed either.  Harris does have to really play the presidential part out the gate, and while I will never discount the latent misogyny that lives in our electorate, she isn’t HRC.  She can project the confidence that Clinton never could.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Stefanik too

do they really want Kamala to become president? all their "Trump 47" merch would go to waste, even if Trump won

Stefanik is a clown I’m sure her fellow clown colleague Malliotakis will chime in too. It’s stupid to ask for his immediate resignation. He’s not running. It’s done. His not running means he didn’t believe he could do 4 more years. Not that he can’t do the next 6 mos

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I don’t think we’re doomed either.  Harris does have to really play the presidential part out the gate, and while I will never discount the latent misogyny that lives in our electorate, she isn’t HRC.  She can project the confidence that Clinton never could.

I maintain Hillary’s issue wasn’t misogyny, at least not most of it, it was being portrayed as heir apparent because she didn’t leave Bill, and that upset people.

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

My fellow Democrats, I have decided not to accept the nomination and to focus all my energies on my duties as President for the remainder of my term. My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my Vice President. And it’s been the best decision I’ve made. Today I want to offer my full support and endorsement for JOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Stefanik is a clown I’m sure her fellow clown colleague Malliotakis will chime in too. It’s stupid to ask for his immediate resignation. He’s not running. It’s done. His not running means he didn’t believe he could do 4 more years. Not that he can’t do the next 6 mos

Stefanik is high up in the party, it's a concerted strategy. They're trying to force the Dems to have to choose in a "they can't have their cake and eat it too" way.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jman said:

I maintain Hillary’s issue wasn’t misogyny, at least not most of it, it was being portrayed as heir apparent because she didn’t leave Bill, and that upset people.

What bothered me was that she was a bad liar.  A POTUS has to be a good liar.  (Ducking gunfire at the airport anyone?)

• Haha 3

Now I am thinking stuff like this:

Harris-Gretchen Whitmer

Harris-Josh Shapiro

Harris-Andy Beshear

Harris-Stacy Abrams

The fourth one. I would go with that. 

Edited by Belize

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

She’s squandered the meager political capital she earned from the hearings, so it’s kind of hilarious that she has to scramble out first to just get her name out there.

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

Stefanik is high up in the party, it's a concerted strategy. They're trying to force the Dems to have to choose in a "they can't have their cake and eat it too" way.

I hope it backfires on the Republican Party. They should be ashamed of themselves.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Belize said:

Now I am thinking stuff like this:

Harris-Gretchen Whitmore

Harris-Josh Shapiro

Harris-Andy Beshear

Harris-Stacy Abrams

The fourth one. I would go with that. 

I’ve been hearing Shapiro would be the front runner to lock down PA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

Curiously, Lichtman's 13 Keys would *still* be pretty bullish on a Democratic win in November if (it's a big if), there is no fight for the Democratic nomination. Sure, the best scenario would have been for Biden to stay in and keep the incumbency advantage. But if there is no fight for the Democratic nomination, then the Democrats should still be favored to win in November, according to Lichtman's logic. 

21 minutes ago, Jman said:

I’ve been hearing Shapiro would be the front runner to lock down PA.

The names I've heard the most are Shapiro, Beshear, and Cooper.

Basically balancing her out with the whitest white boy governors from a purple-to-red state.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

The names I've heard the most are Shapiro, Beshear, and Cooper.

Basically balancing her out with the whitest white boy governors from a purple-to-red state.

Ugh I hate that it has to be that way.  She can’t pick a female running mate because too many voters wouldn’t like it 

as an aside I am starting to get excited over the prospect of a female president. I don’t like some of the shit she did as DA, but I would feel better voting for her than Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1