UnevenEdge

KiwiFarms has been dropped by CloudFlare

matrixman124

58 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

The biggest benefit of being on CloudFlare was the DDoS protection. That's gone down. They are going to be super vulnerable on their new host.

This was not totally unexpected. Stuff has been in the works for a while; Josh keeps us updated, but I'm a boomer, and I don't understand the technical issues.

Look, I'm just pissed because I probably won't get to see Russell Greer's response to the court telling him that no, he can't sue his way onto America's Got Talent, and that mediation or arbitration are his only choices.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mthor said:

This was not totally unexpected. Stuff has been in the works for a while; Josh keeps us updated, but I'm a boomer, and I don't understand the technical issues.

Look, I'm just pissed because I probably won't get to see Russell Greer's response to the court telling him that no, he can't sue his way onto America's Got Talent, and that mediation or arbitration are his only choices.

I mean Moon has been complaining about it for a while. KiwiFarms is going to be made more and more difficult to access and use without service disruption until it's effectively dead. Just like 8chan. He's just upset over losing his power over his corner of the troll farm internet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

I mean Moon has been complaining about it for a while. KiwiFarms is going to be made more and more difficult to access and use without service disruption until it's effectively dead. Just like 8chan. He's just upset over losing his power over his corner of the troll farm internet.

Out of curiosity, how often do you visit the farms? 

• Thanks 1

Not familiar with the site/service other than I think @mthor mentioned a bunch of the people that followed Chris Chan and chronicled his bullshit came from there. At least they said that's where they got a lot of their initial info if I remember correctly..If that makes me seem any more out of touch with pc culture hey whatevs.. At the risk of sounding 'normie' AF this place historically has been as close as I want to be to internet degeneracy...save for reddit, but thanks to the nature of today's world having all the screenshots, and vids from docu-tubers I've always felt I've had enough info on memes, lolcows etc. to keep me on the sidelines of places like 4chan etc. 

All I can add I guess. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

3 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Not familiar with the site/service other than I think @mthor mentioned a bunch of the people that followed Chris Chan and chronicled his bullshit came from there. At least they said that's where they got a lot of their initial info if I remember correctly..If that makes me seem any more out of touch with pc culture hey whatevs.. At the risk of sounding 'normie' AF this place historically has been as close as I want to be to internet degeneracy...save for reddit, but thanks to the nature of today's world having all the screenshots, and vids from docu-tubers I've always felt I've had enough info on memes, lolcows etc. to keep me on the sidelines of places like 4chan etc. 

All I can add I guess. 

It's not that awful, even if all of the no-no words are allowed. I mean, it's not a hug box, but I've seen worse. And it's probably the only place on the internet where you can speak freely. If it's gone for good, y'all better start learning Newspeak.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:16 PM, mthor said:

Of course. Out of context screen shots tell you everything you need to know to pass judgement.

Carry on, then.

I can't knock the farms from screenshots, and cult groups alone, and wont since I havent checked it out for myself. I imagine it can't be to far off from 4chan or any of the other..chans there though, and having chris chans cult of haters/knights congregating there really doesn't help the big picture in my mind, but hey I get that's just one little episode in the great timeline just like the chans...

Reddit the chan sites etc. have actually helped the world a few times. Together the users have identified and provided law enforcement with the necessary info to catch some pretty dangerous criminals, but at the same time keyboard spirit detectives have fucked shit up, and got things completely and horribly wrong trying to apply their detective skills without the proper authority and investigative tactics..

It's like the deep web issue is it good is it bad? Only I think the good of the deep web can outway the bad in more cases than a lot of the sites mentioned. I'll leave assessing Kiwifarms to peeps like you though who seem to have given it at least a deep dive or two. 🙏

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Looks like the current domains are .top from China and .st from Sao Tome and Principe.

Looks like they have anti-DDoS measures in place again. Redirects to the main site to deter bots.

Let's see how this goes

Screenshot_20220916-225605.png

Screenshot_20220916-230105.png

The keffals thread is locked, and registration is closed to the general public, so that may help. 

Edit: I hope it does, or Grandma's heading for the dark web.

Edited by mthor
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mthor said:

Well, we're down again. It was a good few days.

Apparently, the site was hacked; again, I don't understand the technical stuff, and I'm not sure if the onion access was affected, so don't hold your breath re the mthor on the dark web adventure.

How many KF users would even bother installing Tor and trying to figure out how to access the site via Tor? That's a lot of work.

41 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

How many KF users would even bother installing Tor and trying to figure out how to access the site via Tor? That's a lot of work.

Actually, a fair number of the ones in the threads I follow - I was surprised to see how many pages I'd missed. I can't speak for the whole site, though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

It now looks like Null's poor coding of the KF site has allowed a massive data breach and all members' IRL identities are now at risk for exposure.

According to keffals, of course. Wonder how the police are doing with the hard drive they confiscated?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...