UnevenEdge

Discovery gutting HBO Max

matrixman124

This all sounds very very familiar.

I recall when HBO first became a Thing. It was going to be one of the greatest content providers in the history of ever with all the premium stuff at premium price. The satellite dish in the backyard was a giant status symbol. Now there's like 20 different variations of HBO and absolutely none of them are worth the costs because most of them carry nothing but the uncensored versions of whatever movie is also already playing on a basic cable channel. And even that is less noticeable since most movies on basic have 99% of the swearing intact. Oh yeah, and I guess Cookie Monster still eats cookies on the episodes on HBO Kids. :| 

You can't gut the staff while claiming you are going to provide all the greatest of streaming services. You end up with one dude, a dart and a spinning wheel of choices that all say 'marathon'. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

I recall when HBO first became a Thing. It was going to be one of the greatest content providers in the history of ever with all the premium stuff at premium price. The satellite dish in the backyard was a giant status symbol. Now there's like 20 different variations of HBO and absolutely none of them are worth the costs because most of them carry nothing but the uncensored versions of whatever movie is also already playing on a basic cable channel. And even that is less noticeable since most movies on basic have 99% of the swearing intact. Oh yeah, and I guess Cookie Monster still eats cookies on the episodes on HBO Kids. :| 

You can't gut the staff while claiming you are going to provide all the greatest of streaming services. You end up with one dude, a dart and a spinning wheel of choices that all say 'marathon'. 

It'd be so nice to have any kind of decent regulation but politicians get lobbied out the ass by these folks, and half of them barely knows what streaming is.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:38 PM, katt_goddess said:

What’s this now? Cookie Monster no longer eats cookies? 

43 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Funny you mention that with the ProZD video right above your post haha

Lol I didn’t even notice 

I did a quick search and he still eats cookies but not with the same gusto in the past. He saves that bingeing for fruits and vegetables. At first me and my bf were rolling our eyes cuz he’s Cookie Monster, but maybe it’s not the best thing to show a creature losing control on cookies to children. As an adult w/o kids sometimes we forget who’s actually watching this stuff, not forget but…I can’t explain took a couple of weekends mornings bong rips.  😬

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Does this only impact shows that were online only?

Best not cancel Succession or I swear to fuck Imma Karen all over Discovery+'s manager's ass.

Unknown right now but the implication is that HBO originals will have their budgets capped, which wouldn’t affect a show like Succession.  The GOT prequel is probably boned though.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jman said:

So in light of Warner literally not having enough money to properly advertise their films, this came up -

Probably explains why all that animation was gutted.

“I don’t think anyone knows just how white the staff is”

*thinks about most of the Discovery-based show promos I've seen during AEW/MLB*

...I mean, I can GUESS.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jman said:

Zaslav to HBO Max subscribers -

image.jpeg.3e50542ad7b9c6e2e811d9e4ba7aae82.jpeg

Other than the ignorance of these beliefs, it's funny to me because I haven't met a hybrid driver who was single without kids in person. Fully electric, yeah I've seen that to be more accurate. It just occurred to me that I haven't seen a child inside of a Tesla. Not once.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Other than the ignorance of these beliefs, it's funny to me because I haven't met a hybrid driver who was single without kids in person. Fully electric, yeah I've seen that to be more accurate. It just occurred to me that I haven't seen a child inside of a Tesla. Not once.

Only once for me....and kid seemed none too happy