UnevenEdge

New Trigun coming out next year.

Sieg67

Feels odd to continue the story without it being a fun periodic one-off like Badlands Rumble.

Even more red alarms are going off with them announcing that it’ll both be in 3D and feature new voices. I know Land of Lustrous and Beastars are beloved, but it feels cursed to see Trigun like that. 

Aside from those who retired like some of the older English VAs or passed away like Meryl’s Japanese voice and Knives’ English VA, many of the Trigun actors are still active and even have roles announced for this year. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 8:31 PM, Sieg67 said:

Suppose I should update this with the trailer.
Not a huge fan of the redesign.

Once I saw that it was 3D I was like nope.  It's too bad.  I would have at least watched

the first episode and maybe the entire show if was 2D.  Looks ugly to me.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

Orange did Beastars and Land of the Lustrous so I really wouldn't brush it off just because of the use of 3D.

MAPPA uses 3D animation as well and they're able to make it work despite the reduced detail. I'm really looking forward to their adaptation of Chainsaw Man, which will also be in 3D. The key is how the anime itself comes together as a cohesive whole.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, Jman said:

There was an interview at AnimeExpo with the people handling it.  

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2022/anime-expo/interview-with-the-staff-of-trigun-stampede/.187182

There was a notable bit of dialogue about not alienating people because this is a pre-existing franchise.  Sadly it does not appear to be a full on Trigun Maximum adaptation.

No, it seems to be a prequel in-between the events of Knives and Vash landing on the planet and the main series. I hope its success leads to a Maximum adaptation.

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Mm, them and characters in more niche properties.

476008358_AndTheySayYouCantSmokeCigarettesinAnimeAnymore.thumb.png.e35b8da7c9fced6a036a1b9d1c839fa5.png

Japan doesn't give nearly as much of a shit about smoking in fiction as the U.S. feels they themselves should.

Smoking as a habit has fallen in popularity by quite a bit admittedly.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So series has been rolling out.  Gotta say I like the original Trigun better so far but I'm going to treat this like it's own thing.
Spoilers below this point

There is no Milly.  At least not yet.   Instead, there's a drunk guy.  He's not too interesting.  Easy going, down to Earth and constantly drinks.   Pretty typical really.  Also him and Meryl are reporters.
Meryl is...fine I guess.  I would rather not use this word but she's less tsunadre and she kinda plays into the reporter trope.

Vash's character doesn't seem as principled.  He's still a pacifist but he showed zero fucks about killing a sandworm.  When Meryl finds him, he's trapped hanging upside down so kinda like the original.   She was never skeptical of Vash's identity.  In this series, he tries harder to not fight at all instead of going to his gun to save the day.  By the way, the gun looks a bit different now.  Not a complaint, just an observation.   I'm sure you've noticed in the trailers that Vash's arm is different.  I liked it better when people couldn't tell it was a prosthetic but whatever.  Not sure if it transforms into a gun but if it doesn't, that would defeat the purpose of the series name.

Wolfwood shows up and he plays the "You're too trusting, I could have killed you" trope.  Just really lays it on thick.  His weapon got an upgrade.  It now shoots a laser instead of the rocket.
He's was very protective and secretive about his weapon before using it in a fight.   It's debut was showy and over the top.  He sucks as a priest but that could be an act.

Knives shows up very early on.  He wears a robe of lost technology that can turn into small robots.  I suspect he could turn it into anything because him and Vash are plants and plants create matter.
Unlike the original series, he's very hands on.  He'll waltz up to Vash himself instead of just sending baddies at him.  Much to my disdain, he played an organ.  Ugggghhhhhhh.

Knifes shows up during the Nebraska Family event.   The son of the family is more or less human size now about they had a change of heart after some events.  This is the episode where you know you're really watching something different.
People start getting dismembered and they have the classic 90's Ninja Anime pressurized blood thing going on.

Edited by Sieg67