UnevenEdge

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal Rerun Discussion

Ahh, reruns leading off Toonami. At this point, it's been done enough times that I don't think the schedulers care if it tanks the ratings. And what does the block have to lose? Either way, this is fresh content for me, so I hope we can all get together, maybe have some lemonade and salami sandwiches, and kick back to one of the most unique animated shows to come out of the last few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Primal is back on Toonami despite Genndy not wanting it there.  I still remember the debut of the show during New York Comic Con.  They had the show in the Manhattan Center, specifically the Grand Ballroom (still a legendary venue for concerts and indie pro wrestling) and it was a big deal, since it was something he described as animation in a pure form.  Hardly any dialog, no real limits on what he could show, it was an attempt at visual storytelling at its most fundamental and proud.  And it still works, really well.  

It's proof of several things that the naysayers would doubt.  It's proof that you can have an effective story without needing to have people talk every five seconds.  It's proof that you can make a very effective action cartoon without having to pretend you're Japanese.  And it's proof there is an audience for this sort of animation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Episode 2: River of Snakes

Last week, Spear and Fang became a team. This week, they deal with their differences, but a fearsome new enemy slithers on the horizon!

Midnight tonight (5/21-22/22)!

ONLY TOONAMI--on Cable TV anyway.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 12:15 AM, CorbeauKarasu said:

Genndy Tartakovsky is brilliant.

everyone seen his clone war miniseries? it's what got me into star wars

Yeah, it was great.

Also, his Grievous was actually awesome.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1