UnevenEdge

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal Rerun Discussion

I wasn't intending to post in this thread every week, but I feel obligated to check in now and then. I loved this week's episode, though a big part of that was that it appeased the guro fan in me. I feel like it's Genndy's way of getting back after so many episodes of Samurai Jack featured robots getting brutally beaten and destroyed, and even the final season not having much in terms of graphic violence. This episode was detailed enough as to be gross, and maybe worthy of a content warning before the episode ("real American cowboys" and all), but it was also compelling and even beautiful. The first half of it was so peaceful and free of action that I figured there had to be a catch. Of course, the MAV rating this episode got gave it away (would it be possible for them to hide an episode's rating every so often, or even lie and change it within the episode?), and on top of that, this episode totally earned that rating. And here I thought S&P was starting to phone it in. In short, I'm looking forward to what adventures Spear and Fang are going to experience in the season's second half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Judging from the episode title, it's just meant to be a plague.

I guess the dead can't be infected.

ok makes sense. I think the fact that they can survive in such a hideous state is a pretty cool compromise and just as creepy for some reason

• Like 2