UnevenEdge

Rando chatting me up at the grocery store

Real_AirCooledGirl

So I went to Weis today to buy some sweet potatoes for a Christmas party I'm going to tomorrow night. It's a potluck dinner and I'm bringing candied sweet potatoes. Gonna cook them in the Crock-Pot, then bring them to the party. I buy five cans in case upwards of 15-20 people come. After I've checked out, I head to my scooter and put my groceries in a crate on the back. Here's where things get weird.

As I'm putting my groceries on my scooter, some rando comes up and starts chatting me up while putting his cart away. He brings up how unusually warm the weather is today. I went to the store in the early afternoon, and it was 19ºC out (Read: Spring-like weather). We get to talking about global warming and how we've both seen people out in shorts over the past couple days. But here's where things get odd. The guy asks me if I think foot fetishes are weird. I tell him that it's just different. Then again, I used to go on 4chan quite a bit so I've seen my share of crazy shit. He notices I have big feet. Just to humor him, I mention how most of the women on my mom's side have big feet and I got those genes somewhere along the way. He asks about whether I show my feet. Depends on the weather and whatever outfit I wear that day; I was in a blue t-shirt, black capris, and black flats. And then he asks if he could see my feet! I laugh and decline, get on my scooter, and head off home. Thankfully, he didn't try to get my number; if he had, I'd have at least given him a fake number or told him I was taken. I laugh on the way home knowing some guy tried to pick me up. Joke's on him as I like girls. Wonder how he'd react if I told him I'd consider it if he transitioned into a leggy woman.

I think sometime after Christmas, I might buy a cheap bridal ring set to wear in public. If some guy tries to back the mack on me, I'll flash the wedding and engagement rings at him and make up some story about my nonexistent wife. I'll tell him my 1.8-meter tall Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, Green Beret, et hoc genus omne wife wouldn't appreciate him hitting on me. Or say that I don't want to have to bail my wife out of jail again.

First time I've rebuffed a guy's attempts to hook up with me offline.