UnevenEdge

Songs that have aged like milk

nameraka

2 minutes ago, resurrected said:

This song was buried with George Michael in Highgate Cemetery, in 2016. 

Michael went to Heaven, but this song went to Hell.

Nah, even when I first heard the song in the late 90s as a child, I thought it sounded old.

50 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

That’s a fucking national treasure and the soundtrack to my life you fucking piece of simple shit

If that's the soundtrack to your life, I'll call you Aged Milk from now on.

Once you hit 40, it's not so easy to get back up when you get knocked down.

"I got knocked down. Broke a hip again. This time I'm gonna stay my ass down.".........

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nameraka said:

and yes, I know this should be in the music folder. it's hard to get any traction there. 

Anyway. Thinking of this lyric in particular:

I won't be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
We're not just making promises
That we know we'll never kee
p.

Yeah. Whatever, boomer...

Different time of confusion then.  Now we've got confusion with that "new confusion smell".

10 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

This song. Lyrics are fuckin awful 

So, I was a VH fan as a kid, but damn their lyrics just suck and I didn’t realize it until I was older.. “Why can’t this be love?” came on the radio the other day and it hit that line, “only time will tell if we stand the test of time.” I guess I’d never really listened before, but damn if that isn’t a stupid fucking lyric.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nameraka said:

So, I was a VH fan as a kid, but damn their lyrics just suck and I didn’t realize it until I was older.. “Why can’t this be love?” came on the radio the other day and it hit that line, “only time will tell if we stand the test of time.” I guess I’d never really listened before, but damn if that isn’t a stupid fucking lyric.

A lot of songs have lyrics that turned out to be tone deaf as time passes.   I actually think Zeni wrote the lyrics to “finish what ya started” as some lyrics indicate that the female didn’t know the guy singing at all 😬

• Haha 1