UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

I was listening to this Diary of a CEO podcast featuring Simon Cowell. The host mentioned the fact that Simon greeted every single person individually in the room, and this was rare from his guests. Some of the just look down at their phones until the interview starts. My respect for Simon went up. His story of how he made it was fascinating too. Funny how these Biritsh guys with asshole personas are actually pleasant people, like also Gordon Ramsey.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dusty Shackleford said:

With the amount of video game music I listen to (especially RPG soundtracks) it's surprising that I haven't gotten into classical music 

I'm surprised to hear this, to be honest. I think you're into prog rock too, and that borrows heavily from classical music.

• Like 1

So the Chipotle CEO has taken over Starbucks. I think we're witnessing the end of an era. Chipotle has taken a nosedive in quality during the pandemic and never recovered. I expect the same thing to happen to Starbucks now.

Enshittification of everything, indeed . . . although Starbucks coffee is nasty af. Serious, those Pike's Place beans are burnt and contain inferior robusta beans.

• Like 2

I know the FBI is tired of our asses right now, but now we know why production was trying to stop an alliance from naming itself The Pentagon(warning for loud drawer closing sound at the end if you have headphones on):

The Pentagon has been trending for days on social media because of the showdown that might be coming on Big Brother and it's fucking hilarious to me.

• Like 3

I am tentatively communicating with my parents again. I'm trying to take it moment by moment because they are emotionally imbalanced.

Anyways, I finally told them I got my first tattoo in May and my mom reiterated her opinion that they look ridiculous when you get older and your skin changes.

I, again, pointed out that my tits will be on the floor one day so what does it matter?

We'll never stop having this conversation, it's already been 20+ years...

• Like 4

So I went grocery shopping and this old woman with a big fat ass walked by me. Let me tell you, she had some major rancid swamp ass going on. I laughed cause I was at least four feet away from her but I could smell it. 😂🤮😭

• Haha 2

You know what, that's what y'all get for bringing a Colleen Hoover movie into the world. Ugh, just filling Hoover's pockets to pay for her horrible son's future court case. Speaking of fuck ass famous author sons, let me go see what Outlander lady's spawn is up to...Ah, still shunned in writing circles and stuck in the gaming/comic/movie review basement. It's what he deserves.

• Like 1

I finally, FINALLY saw Dumb and Dumber To for the first time yesterday. I knew had it the reputation of being mediocre, so my expectations weren't high.

And still I was HUGELY disappointed. This is by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen. 

I've never seen Dumb and Dumberer as that one's reputation is even worse, and of course doesn't feature the original cast. The thought that this movie is even worse than Dumb and Dumber To.... just, wow.

• Thanks 2

Oh I see the news about Beau DeMayo finally dropped while I was in editing hell. Marvel/Disney will do some fuck shit, but when they start stripping credits and distancing themselves in record time before a show premiere, then dude definitely did something fucked up. At least he kept running his mouth online forcing the news to come out instead of folks only being able to speculate about what he did.

Seriously, why the fuck would you poke the Mouse? Cuz now I know he was doing similar shit on The Witcher too.

• Like 1

Went the whole day not knowing they teased a new Mafia.

Didn’t hate DE as I was playing but it was just Mafia 1 with the Mafia 3 engine. Feels like Take-Two puts full stock in cinematics and then the open world sometimes looks like a light bulb is in front of your screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My oldest dog caught Kennel Cough in April. A few months later, he started coughing/gagging. We took him to the vet but nothing really stood out to them, I guess.

Last week he threw up twice, so I scheduled another appointment. We opted to upgrade our monthly Banfield package to a special one they have that's good for senior dogs. That allowed us to do another round of bloodwork, as well as x-rays.

They called to say that his white blood cell count is really high, which could mean it's an infection or cancer. One of his lungs is also "compressed" a little? I'm hoping it's just an infection but I've been crying off and on for hours. This week was already going kind of poorly, and of course we still miss our other dog terribly. Even just walking out today without my dog made me cry, because it reminded me of walking out and leaving the other behind for good.

I feel so deflated and tired. My heart is just always in some state of "broken" these days.

• Sad 2

On 8/22/2024 at 3:10 PM, Blackrose321 said:

My oldest dog caught Kennel Cough in April. A few months later, he started coughing/gagging. We took him to the vet but nothing really stood out to them, I guess.

Last week he threw up twice, so I scheduled another appointment. We opted to upgrade our monthly Banfield package to a special one they have that's good for senior dogs. That allowed us to do another round of bloodwork, as well as x-rays.

They called to say that his white blood cell count is really high, which could mean it's an infection or cancer. One of his lungs is also "compressed" a little? I'm hoping it's just an infection but I've been crying off and on for hours. This week was already going kind of poorly, and of course we still miss our other dog terribly. Even just walking out today without my dog made me cry, because it reminded me of walking out and leaving the other behind for good.

I feel so deflated and tired. My heart is just always in some state of "broken" these days.

The radiologist thinks it's cancer. The vet said we could take him to an oncologist or just keep him comfortable. We're waiting to ask how much the oncologist would cost, I don't want him to be sick. 😭

• Sad 1

Time for another quick lesson on just who the hell I am.

Note: Most of this probably won’t apply to UEMBers, but pay attention anyway. You might learn something.

1.). I’m me. You are not. This should be obvious, but I still needed to say it.

2.) I will probably forever be a socially awkward introvert. I’ve come to terms with this and so should you.

3.) Piggybacking on #2, if I don’t know you, then you’ll barely get 3 words out of my mouth. That’s not your problem; it’s mine.

5.) I will drink very rarely, but I really don’t like getting fully drunk. And I hate the feeling of being high. Trying to force me into either will probably make me want to strangle you.

Thus concludes our lesson for today. Thank you! :LithiumSmiley:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I had to walk in the city of Pittsburgh today. I walked past the Duolingo headquarters. They have a Duo themed taco restaurant. I want to try there; the reviews seem good. The experience is also supposed to help people practice their Spanish. I mean sure, you can just go to any Hispanic business to do that, but this is from the perspective of a language-learner.

Honestly, it's been a while since I've been impressed by an idea from the tech world

• Like 1

Starting tonight I'm going to be experimenting with having no meat dinners. This by no means that I'm becoming a vegetarian because that's just never going to happen but I do want to cut down on the amount of meat I'm eating. And I got to be honest about this, it might because my cooking is the shits but I swear it just seems like the meat usually least favorite thing to eat when I'm making dinner so why not try something different. I've pretty much given up on sweets mostly because I'm starting to get grossed out them and opting for fruit instead. Don't get wrong I still have a sweet tooth but I think prefer fruit right now instead of of candy and other sweets 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2024 at 8:02 AM, Blackrose321 said:

The radiologist thinks it's cancer. The vet said we could take him to an oncologist or just keep him comfortable. We're waiting to ask how much the oncologist would cost, I don't want him to be sick. 😭

We have a consult with an oncologist scheduled but it's not until October 22. That's too long. I have to call his vet tomorrow to ask if there are any other places but I fear there won't be. The one we have scheduled is already 2 hours away.

• Sad 3

so there's no way on earth i'd have voted for rfk jr.

but...

brain worms, a dead bear in central park, eating a dog, and now:

chainsawing a whale's head...?

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/26/rfk-jr-whale-chainsaw-investigation?utm=axios_app

Tell me this guy's life wouldn't make a great, fucked up biopic.

or maybe a semi-fictitious screwball comedy?

Edited by nameraka
  • Haha 3

When it comes to saying mean things about billionaires and the like, I am reminded of something Joan Rivers once said in response to her harsh criticisms of celebrities on the Red Carpet: who cares? These people make millions billions of dollars.

• Thanks 2

Watching Naruto and one of the early episodes includes a minor character named Gato. Immediately my mind went to the Spanish word for cat, but then it hit me that it is believable that Gato might be a word in Japanese as well. So much so that I went to google translate to see if anything came up for it. Nothing did.

• Like 1