UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

I visited my grandfather's grave today for the first time in almost 16 years. It's about an hour drive away. It's quite sad that I was the grandchild he spent the most time with, but I never really felt that close to him. I was on the verge of tears driving to there, but when I stood in front of his grave, I had a moment of peaceful silence.

• Like 4

It really is sad how multiple women went to news organizations but none of them wanted to tell their stories about Gaiman even with evidence. So they had to go to a rinky-dink questionable podcast and now more stories are coming out. 

This is another situation where I'm glad I'm just a little author because I don't have to give a fuck about offending anyone while all the big names are quiet as mice. I see why. Making a statement with a large reach is technically fucking with Amazon and Netflix which a decent amount of bigger names have deals with, so none of them want to rock the boat. It's still pathetic and disappointing.

• Like 1

One more thing about Gaiman. There was something that gave me a soul shudder when I read the first transcript from one of his victim's stories that I couldn't put my finger on until I heard details from the other victims who came out. Like something familiar and then it hit me, these are the types of stories I see in cult docs, including about Scientology. That man left that church and weaponized their techniques against his own fans.

• Like 1

I almost booked a vacation somewhere in the middle of rainy season, with nonstop rain and thunderstorm warnings on the daily.  Thankfully I got a full refund thanks to a rather busy call center extending the grace time for the refund.  So crisis averted.

• Like 2

Was doing a rare email check earlier today and stumbled on an email I’ve been expecting for a couple months, about a job I was interested in. The email was dated in late May and had a time-sensitive link I was supposed to click.

Shit….. l should probably just go to bed now…..

Edited by The_annoying_one
  • Sad 3

I've been playing mom for the past week and I remember why I never had actual children.

My best friend is a saint because her 4 year old autistic nonverbal nonpotty trained child has had diarrhea the past few days and I've wanted to pull my hair out when she shit all over the floor. 😒

Anyways...improv defensive driving class always makes me giggle because of the corny jokes and videos. Almost doneeeee.

• Like 2

I will admit, when I began watching vtubing a year and a half ago, "anime girl gets motivated to defeat a slime monster by Kurt Angle, Tyler Breeze, and Mansoor from MxM Collection" was nowhere near the realm of possibility of what could happen there.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to pick up the pieces after what happened. I know he was "just a dog" but he was my third loss since 2019, the first two being immediate family members. It's left me wondering what the point is when everything feels like it's actively slipping away from me.

I feel deflated and my career status isn't helping. I tried to explain my feelings to my friend but she's dismissive. She tells me to "quit and get another job" as if I can just go down to the job store and pick one up. I feel frozen because I've always worked to improve my circumstances, I've always put in the time and effort, but after 12 years of this post-graduation, something clearly isn't working...so now I'm afraid to make another misstep that'll cost me even more time...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My brother in law now loves Japan, having experienced the country firsthand, and he wasn't a weeb or anything. I never heard him mention anything about anime or the like. lol, I kind of figured this would happen.

• Like 2

I remember the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie feud several years back. I think it's funny that almost every Pewdiepie fan knows about T-Series but the average T-Series viewer has no idea who the hell Pewdiepie is. We think everything involving English is the standard, but most people in the world still don't speak it. Languages like Hindi, Spanish, and Chinese have their own huge cultural bubbles.

Edited by Insipid

On 8/4/2024 at 11:25 PM, Insipid said:

My brother in law now loves Japan, having experienced the country firsthand, and he wasn't a weeb or anything. I never heard him mention anything about anime or the like. lol, I kind of figured this would happen.

I don't blame him. I want to go in the next year or two and just go ham on the food there. And maybe next visit plan a trip to an onsen.

• Like 1

Today is my birthday. All I can seem to think about are the tremendous losses I've endured over the last 5 years.

I was sitting in our spare room, surrounded by unpacked boxes, when something caught my eye - the last gift my little brother ever gave me, a Cozmo Robot. I'm charging it but I'm not sure what to do with it other than sit and cry.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Blackrose321 said:

Today is my birthday. All I can seem to think about are the tremendous losses I've endured over the last 5 years.

I was sitting in our spare room, surrounded by unpacked boxes, when something caught my eye - the last gift my little brother ever gave me, a Cozmo Robot. I'm charging it but I'm not sure what to do with it other than sit and cry.

i have a necco wafer, a hug, and a happy day of birth to you. 

• Like 2

Random thought.

All this hate for the 'Borderlands' movie seems to be from a] people who know its based on a game but haven't played the game/aren't really interested in the game and b] nerds who are in a rage over someone they like/hate playing a character they hate/like and being super serial over it.

So, thought - maybe let Mel Brooks direct the next game-turned-movie? Borderlands seems like a Spaceballs Part II anyway, should have just gone that route. 

• Like 2