UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

17 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Nintendo emails me a special 8-digit promo code to get 15% off a new game for my birthday. I’m not really in the market for a new game, but I’ll bite. I pick one out and enter the code.

”Please Enter The Entire 12-Digit Code Provided”

Um….am I supposed to just guess the last 4 digits here, or what?

Yet another one for the fail thread. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, viperxmns said:

It's interesting how often you dont start farting til you get in bed

Is it the lying down? Being naked? Bed fartland

If I put the covers completely over myself - - not smelly enough to be a dutch oven, but my asshole will always wanna push air out right as I do that. 

It always knows.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

Whew…..

2 of my 3 nephews are out of school this week, my sister has to work, and her husband is out of town until late tomorrow afternoon.

As the closest living family member, it falls on me to babysit. I’m not complaining; I’m just exhausted.

Dude, you work hard for your family.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Third to fifth cousin isn't really incest, is it?  Not that I would touch any of my cousins with a ten foot pole cause they stupid fucks.

Tbh I'm not sure where you draw the line, I never thought about it before.

For practical purposes, if two individuals have no common ancestor within the last five or six generations, they are considered unrelated. Biological relationship is important in animal breeding because the closer the relationship, the higher the percentage of like genes the two individuals carry.

https://extension.missouri.edu/publications/g2911

So by that metric, possibly? However, there are states that allow first cousins to marry so there's that. And then there's this:

First cousins have an inbreeding coefficient of 0.0625. Anything at or above 0.0156, the coefficient for second cousins, is considered consanguineous; that includes relationships between people and their nephews and nieces.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-many-americans-are-married-to-their-cousins/

All in all, I have no clue - the kid just cracked me up because he was basically like, "TMI, mom and dad!", and he's totally right. Sharing private info online is usually a bad idea. Now this kid is going to have that attached to his family, out there for all to comment on, and for no reason other than his parents decided to post online. And both of his parents are young enough that they should have known better!

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

All in all, I have no clue - the kid just cracked me up because he was basically like, "TMI, mom and dad!", and he's totally right. Sharing private info online is usually a bad idea. Now this kid is going to have that attached to his family, out there for all to comment on, and for no reason other than his parents decided to post online. And both of his parents are young to enough that they should have known better!

I'm only asking out of pure whim since, a fifth cousin would fall under the five or six generations gap.  Inbreeding isn't really frowned upon because of genetic anomalies, although biological diversity is most certainly a legitimate reason to not do so.  It has a lot more to do with the other part of gender roles that aren't discusses, specifically as related to interfamilial dynamics and responsibilities.  The zeitgeist is dominated by anecdotes of parents raping their children, at once highlighting moral decay while also highlighting the collapse of society.  In reality, inbreeding is far more common than parental sexual abuse and entail a more complex layering of factors, which is what the son is bringing up by pointing to the taboo narture of it.  Like it or not, the discussion has a lot more to do with broken families (the adoption that made the lineage murky in the first place) and the responsibilities older generations toward their younger progeny. and its not a comfortable or easy discussion.  The parents are thrusting this on their children, but that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile discussing the direct link between societal breakdown and this situation.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I'm only asking out of pure whim since, a fifth cousin would fall under the five or six generations gap.  Inbreeding isn't really frowned upon because of genetic anomalies, although biological diversity is most certainly a legitimate reason to not do so.  It has a lot more to do with the other part of gender roles that aren't discusses, specifically as related to interfamilial dynamics and responsibilities.  The zeitgeist is dominated by anecdotes of parents raping their children, at once highlighting moral decay while also highlighting the collapse of society.  In reality, inbreeding is far more common than parental sexual abuse and entail a more complex layering of factors, which is what the son is bringing up by pointing to the taboo narture of it.  Like it or not, the discussion has a lot more to do with broken families (the adoption that made the lineage murky in the first place) and the responsibilities older generations toward their younger progeny. and its not a comfortable or easy discussion.  The parents are thrusting this on their children, but that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile discussing the direct link between societal breakdown and this situation.

I suppose my issue is that I don't feel like discussing it on social media is worthwhile. For every good conversation, there are countless bad ones geared more towards arguing and insulting than understanding and learning. Posting private info online seems like a risk with few potential positive outcomes. Mostly they just put themselves out there for criticism when their son seems to feel like it wasn't necessary to put it on the internet at all. And I think we still ultimately peg young people as the "oversharers" but I see a lot of older people posting things they really should have reflected on first. So the kid being the one to say, “I feel a little bit weird about it, because it's not something you want to brag about or put out to the world or anything." was oddly refreshing.

But maybe I'm jaded now, I've cut my social media use waaaay down so maybe I'm just cranky. lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

I suppose my issue is that I don't feel like discussing it on social media is worthwhile. For every good conversation, there are countless bad ones geared more towards arguing and insulting than understanding and learning. Posting private info online seems like a risk with few potential positive outcomes. Mostly they just put themselves out there for criticism when their son seems to feel like it wasn't necessary to put it on the internet at all. And I think we still ultimately peg young people as the "oversharers" but I see a lot of older people posting things they really should have reflected on first. So the kid being the one to say, “I feel a little bit weird about it, because it's not something you want to brag about or put out to the world or anything." was oddly refreshing.

But maybe I'm jaded now, I've cut my social media use waaaay down so maybe I'm just cranky. lol

Well, you have been burned and exposed more than once, so I don't think you're wrong.

• Like 1

The Edwardian lavish dinners like the famous nine course meal of the Titanic are basically just the Patton Oswalt Black Angus skit, just with fancier clothes and surroundings.

“On the RMS Titanic, your name is Peaches!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2024 at 6:59 PM, Dusty Shackleford said:

Remembering that horrible feeling as a kid when you rented a game and the game turns out to be awful and you're stuck with it for the entire weekend. Good times :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

WCW Backstage Assault 

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2024 at 7:59 PM, Dusty Shackleford said:

Remembering that horrible feeling as a kid when you rented a game and the game turns out to be awful and you're stuck with it for the entire weekend. Good times :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

Enter the Matrix.

• Sad 1

You ever get the urge to exercise randomly?  You see a pull up bar?  You want to climb on it.  You see weights, you want to lift them.  You’re in line at NYCC waiting for the room to open, you bang out push ups.  Just me?

• Haha 1

Playing Alien 3 on SNES  and I have a few thoughts about this game

1. I didn't realize that was a perfect game to play around this time of year

2. How the hell is it possible that the game is better than actual movie?

3. It was published by LJN which makes the the movie look even worse

4. I've always maintained that LJN was not the worst publisher they do have good games. Most of them are on SNES.

5. My only issues with this game is the jumping and the enemy respawn but other than it's a fun playthrough

Edited by Dusty Shackleford
  • Like 1