UnevenEdge

I might have the rona

bnmjy

The symptoms are already subsiding, but I am in quarantine. I didn't really have a fever, but I had the worst sensitivity to cold temperatures I ever had in my life. I'm coughing quite a bit and barely have an appetitie. I don't know what else this could be. Awaiting test results.

Oh well. Not too worried, fortunately.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Have you lost your sense of taste or smell completely?

My sense of smell is diminished, but I think it's from the congestion. Everyone gets different symptoms. Some people only get diarrhea and nothing else.

this is the big battle coming up a good amount of us are probably gonna get it. make sure your masks have a good seal so youre filtering your air

I'm really scared for my parents they're so old

I hope none of you boardies that are showing symptoms get it. good luck

Edited by Poof
  • Like 4

Hope you all test negative.  I have nasty allergies, so after being outside I end up worrying about every cough or scratchy throat.

I think there's a psychosomatic thing about wearing masks in stores that makes me want to sneeze or cough - wish that would stop before people start doing this....

tumblr_o7dlkj2AV91rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Man I have to go to the VA to get my healthcare sit. straightened up next month, and it's in the worst hit metropolitan area near me.. I'm afriad I might pick it up there. The tech that took sonagraphs for me at the local clinic I went to here said he had gotten covid and was over it so he was cleared to go back to work, and he thought he probably got it there because this clinic is the newest one in town and the place most people are going for covid testing. 

9 minutes ago, Poof said:

i heard taste loss is temporary but can be a very lingering temporary

Yeah, supposedly it might take weeks to come back. On the bright side, I'm not eating that much, so I'm definitely gonna be losing quite a bit of weight. Eating food while just feeling its texture is just . . . bleh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

Yeah, supposedly it might take weeks to come back. On the bright side, I'm not eating that much, so I'm definitely gonna be losing quite a bit of weight. Eating food while just feeling its texture is just . . . bleh.

yea load up on the healthy bland food while everything is still equivalent. get some vitamins

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

wonder if that's temporary because sometimes that happens to me when i get a really bad cold

If you can't smell you're not going to be able to taste much either

I think it has something to do with them using the same receptors but don't quote me on that

On 11/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, Poof said:

this is the big battle coming up a good amount of us are probably gonna get it.

Virtually everyone is going to get it sooner or later, it's basically an endemic flu at this point.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/resource-center/freeresources/graphics/seasonal-vs-pandemic-flu-infographic.htm

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201015101820.htm

Edited by NaBarney
  • D'oh 1

53 minutes ago, NaBarney said:

It's definitely possible. The only thing that gives me hope is that previous flu pandemics "ended" without vaccines but I don't know much about how that works. Do they all become endemic? And even if it did end like that who knows how many waves over how much time it would take. And it can always mutate and change its behavior. So idk what's going to happen

• Like 1