UnevenEdge

Went to the arcade the other day

Sieg67

7 minutes ago, Mortir said:

Oh it is in the mall? Lol love it and cherish it while it lasts. Just gonna go ahead and throw out the preemptive RIP.

There are two malls in our city.  The East and The West.  The West has been slowly dying over the years but the East is still super popular and shows no signs of slowing down.

I haven't even seen an arcade since the 90's down here. 

Used to love going to them. 

I remember the Tasty Freeze in my town back in the 80's had a Super Mario Bros. arcade in it. I had the game on NES, but that's where I learned about invisible blocks, vines, and the hidden warp zones. I watched some ''cool kid'' playing the shit out of it, and I went home and had to try it myself. 

I remember Pizza Hut always had a sit down Pac-Man game in them. Spent a lot of quarters on that game waiting on pizza to come to the table. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Is it just full of MHA shit or are you targeting those

Mainly, yeah.
The two I got, Endeavor and Tomura all from MHA.  Then they have Rei and Asuka from Evangelion.
Non anime ones are Belle from Beauty and the Beast and some kind of weird Godzilla.

Nearly forgot that they had a Hatsune Miku but only saw that there once.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

Mainly, yeah.
The two I got, Endeavor and Tomura all from MHA.  Then they have Rei and Asuka from Evangelion.
Non anime ones are Belle from Beauty and the Beast and some kind of weird Godzilla.

Nearly forgot that they had a Hatsune Miku but only saw that there once.

Wait, at some point in the series Icy hot starts going by his dad's name, Endeavor? 

Never watched the actual anime.. Just the abridged series. 

Just now, cyberbully said:

Wait, at some point in the series Icy hot starts going by his dad's name, Endeavor? 

Never watched the actual anime.. Just the abridged series. 

No, he and Tomura are the ones that are also at the Arcade but I haven't won.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 4:36 AM, JehutyNinja said:

and it's been almost five years since it first aired, she ought to be about 21 now

Does the show move on a timeline comparable to real life. 

Pretty sure you can't fap to Lisa Simpson based on this logic.... I mean, you CAN, but people will judge you.

8 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Does the show move on a timeline comparable to real life. 

Pretty sure you can't fap to Lisa Simpson based on this logic.... I mean, you CAN, but people will judge you.

well if we all did things based on being judged by others, nobody would have any fun

• 6 months later...
25 minutes ago, //>wagz./ said:

//> do you live in the 90s to have an active arcade near you ,? What the hell is this reality where you can get quality figs from a simple machine for a fraction of its price?/

I've spent over $40 trying to get a fig before.  Trick is going on a super busy day and snatching the near wins.  Each one of those only took 1 try because they were so close to being won except for Frieza.  He took two tries.  This isn't my location but it's the same company and it looks very similar to the one here.

And yes, I live in the 90's.  I'm doing what people call "Surfing the net."  It's pretty rad.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1

Well damn.

I think I might need to actually look at the arcade in the mall near me now and see if they have anything that good. I used to clean house on the claw machine [ provided the prizes weren't wedged which is cheating ] - handed out toys with candy on Halloween ages ago when kids actually trick or treated around here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

Damn I miss DDR. We played the shit out of that. 

The game with the big circle next to it is among my favorites.  It's a touch rhythm game.    There's a card  that lets you save your profile and unlock stuff.
My fingers can end up stinging if I set the difficulty too high.

• Like 1