UnevenEdge

Man, people really seem to hate Mineta from MHA...

Initially, I never found Mineta's perversion to be that much of a problem beyond the usual stigmas that come with being the token pervert, but it really became an issue when it became all he was about. Truly he peaked in the practical exam arc, and it's been a downhill slope ever since.

But even if not, I still enjoy it whenever various MHA fanfics dunk on him.

They did establish that he is at least somewhat intelligent. They haven't done much with that, but it's there. Bakugo is 3rd but I couldn't find his pic. It's surprising that he has better grades than Deku, but I guess it was there to show that he actually tires and studies, and he wasn't just blessed with a good quirk. 
 tumblr_ovqv7b1L0N1wrhouyo1_1280.png28881bb550ec992ecb5fd53d00be33f9.pngtumblr_ovqv7b1L0N1wrhouyo5_1280.pngtumblr_ovqv7b1L0N1wrhouyo6_1280.pngmain-qimg-e4a3f78f6adc633108167acf67e80btumblr_ovqv7b1L0N1wrhouyo9_1280.pngtumblr_ovqv7b1L0N1wrhouyo10_1280.png

On 10/9/2020 at 7:07 AM, Jiro_Dreams said:

I’m surprised a molester was able to pass the hero exam. The stuff he does is going to make him a future target of The Boys. 

Filler arc at 12:00.

Mineta vs knockoffs of The Boys that ends with him somehow defeating Not Butcher.

You’d watch.

That was two seasons ago and I was honestly more focused on Midnight than Mineta that episode, so that would explain how I missed that.

Still, as correct as Mochi was here, it doesn't mean he's just as correct with some of the other things he says.

Edited by PokeNirvash

I think the real issue is that he's a loser more than a pervert. He has a really lame quirk, his design isn't cool, his voice in both versions is unappealing. They just went out of their way to make him unlikeable. For example look at Miroku from Inuyasha, being a pervert is a big character trait for him, he uses his position to molest girls and extort money.  However he has a handsome design, he's a capable fighter with a cool op ability, and has a pleasant to listen to voice; and fans love him. Even in the show there are characters like Midnight who's a teacher/exobisionist that gets a pass because she's hot.  It seems like that is possibly the case for Endevor and his Wife as well. Both are horrible people, but he gave her flowers and she only turned one of their kids into shabu shabu so it's alright.

47 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I think the real issue is that he's a loser more than a pervert. He has a really lame quirk, his design isn't cool, his voice in both versions is unappealing. They just went out of their way to make him unlikeable. For example look at Miroku from Inuyasha, being a pervert is a big character trait for him, he uses his position to molest girls and extort money.  However he has a handsome design, he's a capable fighter with a cool op ability, and has a pleasant to listen to voice; and fans love him. Even in the show there are characters like Midnight who's a teacher/exobisionist that gets a pass because she's hot.  It seems like that is possibly the case for Endevor and his Wife as well. Both are horrible people, but he gave her flowers and she only turned one of their kids into shabu shabu so it's alright.

the issue with Mineta is he isn't even likeable...most "pervert" anime characters have some quality that redeems them but Mineta is just the perversion with none of the comedic elements or "heart of gold"....he's just a gross piece of shit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

the issue with Mineta is he isn't even likeable...most "pervert" anime characters have some quality that redeems them but Mineta is just the perversion with none of the comedic elements or "heart of gold"....he's just a gross piece of shit

He's pretty much the same character as Miroku as personality goes. People are just more willing to overlook bad traits if the person is attractive. 

49 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

It seems like that is possibly the case for Endevor and his Wife as well. Both are horrible people, but he gave her flowers and she only turned one of their kids into shabu shabu so it's alright.

You're a fucking idiot.

Nobody blames Todoroki's mom for injuring Shoto because it's made obvious from his backstory that she was having a mental breakdown after years of Endeavor's physical and emotional abuse. It's shown that before this one horrible thing happened, she was a good parent who loved her kids and encouraged her son to be a hero like All Might. There's literally a scene where we hear Endeavor slapping her around after she tries to stop him from hurting their son. His injury happened right after she confessed that she's losing her mind and terrified of Shoto becoming like his dad. Even the fucking six year old kid understood that this was a result of Endeavor's treatment and never held it against his mom.

And everybody still thinks Endeavor's a piece of shit. In that exact same scene with the flowers, she says she hasn't seen him in 10 years because she's still afraid of him. All the flowers do is illustrate that he's not 100% irredeemable garbage, only maybe 98%. He's been a terrible person for decades and has just barely started trying to be better. Showing the audience one single piece of evidence that there is some good in him does not mean anyone's forgiven him yet.

• Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

He's pretty much the same character as Miroku as personality goes. People are just more willing to overlook bad traits if the person is attractive. 

Miroku is nowhere near as bad

Miroku has an actual reason for being that way (needing to procreate to ensure his descendants can break the curse his family is under if he fails) and he like....never "actively" assaults any girls....he just unsubtly and bluntly tells them what he intends to do, and if they say no he doesn't push the issue further (unless they're sango because he actually likes Sango)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I seen gender-bent Mineta art. Many agree that he's not nearly as annoying as a woman, which shows a double-standard.

7 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

You're a fucking idiot.

Nobody blames Todoroki's mom for injuring Shoto because it's made obvious from his backstory that she was having a mental breakdown after years of Endeavor's physical and emotional abuse. It's shown that before this one horrible thing happened, she was a good parent who loved her kids and encouraged her son to be a hero like All Might. There's literally a scene where we hear Endeavor slapping her around after she tries to stop him from hurting their son. His injury happened right after she confessed that she's losing her mind and terrified of Shoto becoming like his dad. Even the fucking six year old kid understood that this was a result of Endeavor's treatment and never held it against his mom.

And everybody still thinks Endeavor's a piece of shit. In that exact same scene with the flowers, she says she hasn't seen him in 10 years because she's still afraid of him. All the flowers do is illustrate that he's not 100% irredeemable garbage, only maybe 98%. He's been a terrible person for decades and has just barely started trying to be better. Showing the audience one single piece of evidence that there is some good in him does not mean anyone's forgiven him yet.

Yeah well fuck you too. 

How can you honestly think it's not her fault at all for burning her child with boiling water. May as well defend that woman who drowned her 3 kids in the bathtub. I'm not saying that people can't be redeemed. Though the series tries to brush that shit under the rug. It's like oh here's a really horrible fucking thing to develop another character, but then back track on it because it's too dark. A 6 year old kid has stockholms syndrome. You know how many kids are injured or sexually assaulted by a family member and try to make excuses for them?  No one single person thinks Endevor is a piece of shit in that scene. The Sister is pissed that her brother is still mad at their dad for having their mother get mental help for burning their brothers face; which she was justifed in doing because of the stress of a loveless marriage apparently. The mother has forgiven him and tells her one son not to be hard on his dad, and Tokidori was on the fence but fully forgave him during the fight.  It goes back to what I was saying that if a character is attractive and has a cool power then people will defend them regardless, thanks for proving my point. 

• D'oh 1

27 minutes ago, mochi said:

Miroku is nowhere near as bad

Miroku has an actual reason for being that way (needing to procreate to ensure his descendants can break the curse his family is under if he fails) and he like....never "actively" assaults any girls....he just unsubtly and bluntly tells them what he intends to do, and if they say no he doesn't push the issue further (unless they're sango because he actually likes Sango)

No he only actually molests many women. Minita groped Tsuyu's breast once, and tried to peep but got his eye stabbed by Jiro. The rest of the things he's done has just been lewd conversation that I can recall. Miroku doesn't need to procreate. His curse would have just ended with him, but they killed Naruaku so by that logic he should have kept his chastity as a monk since there was no longer a need for procreation. If you're grabbing ass, you're assaulting women.  There's a compilation that has over 160x that he's either groped, peeped, or asked a woman for sex. 

15 minutes ago, elfie said:

I seen gender-bent Mineta art. Many agree that he's not nearly as annoying as a woman, which shows a double-standard.

I don't know why, because I've seen those as well and he/she still looks like a little goblin. Though my point stands that if the character were attractive and not an irredeemable horny goblin then people would defend his actions, and not be as disgusted by him. If you just take a lot of his lines and Picture Miroku saying them, it one doesn't sound all that out of character, and two suddenly becomes more funny and charming and less creepy. I mean how many times did Miroku justify being a pervert, groping a girl while carrying her to safety, talking about how he can't give into evil; while groping a girl. 

dcw4fpx-810f4bda-7a6f-49e0-be83-c211ecad3efc.jpg

Female_d26833_6321988.jpg

1499841175766.jpg

11 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Miroku doesn't need to procreate. His curse would have just ended with him, but they killed Naruaku so by that logic he should have kept his chastity as a monk since there was no longer a need for procreation.

The first part is technically true, if Miroku or his family before him just decided not to have kids the curse would have died with them, and not have doomed any other descendant of theirs to a very short life. Guess you could say it's all about pride, them wanting to kill Naraku. The Japanese, especially in the past were borderline autistic when it came to pursuing death.

The second part, you do know being a Buddhist monk isn't the same as being a catholic priest or whatever? Monks in Japan could still get married and have kids. I've coincidentally been reading up on Buddhism, and things like marriage and having kids  is completely optional. There's some schools of Buddhism where it's not common or expected, but Buddhism is much more open-minded than Christianity or other religions, so if marriage and/or children is something that would bring happiness to the person they're allowed to do so.

Edited by Distinct Lunatic

1 minute ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

The first part is technically true, if Miroku or his family before him just decided not to have kids the curse would have died with them, and not have doomed any other descendant of theirs to a very short life. Guess you could say it's all about pride, them wanting to kill Naraku. The Japanese, especially in the past were borderline autistic when it came to pursuing death.

The second part, you do know being a monk isn't the same as being a catholic priest or whatever? Monks in Japan could still get married and have kids. I've coincidentally been reading up on Buddhism, and things like marriage and having kids  is completely optional. There's some schools of Buddhism where it's not common or expected, but Buddhism is much more open-minded than Christianity or other religions, so if marriage and/or children is something that would bring happiness to the person they're allowed to do so.

It's brought up multiple times in the series to remind him that he's a monk, and he brings up that he had taken a personal vow of chastity. He also talks about how he won't give into the evils of temptation etc. It would be dumb for the other characters of the series to constantly bring it up. Also Monk's can not have kids, or at least is seen as a rejection of the teachings of the Buddha. 

I think what you are actually thinking of are Taoist monks. They are actually encouraged to marry and have children due to the religions base on ancestor worship. Miroku seems to be an odd mix of a Taoist  and Buddhist monk. He does wear black robes which is something that common among Taoist monks, also using seals is more a Taoist trait than Buddhist;  but he brings up buddha multiple times in the series. It's possible that the mangaka didn't know the difference as 39% of the population of Japan don't follow a religion. 

rr.JPG

49 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

It's brought up multiple times in the series to remind him that he's a monk, and he brings up that he had taken a personal vow of chastity. He also talks about how he won't give into the evils of temptation etc. It would be dumb for the other characters of the series to constantly bring it up. Also Monk's can not have kids, or at least is seen as a rejection of the teachings of the Buddha. 

I think what you are actually thinking of are Taoist monks. They are actually encouraged to marry and have children due to the religions base on ancestor worship. Miroku seems to be an odd mix of a Taoist  and Buddhist monk. He does wear black robes which is something that common among Taoist monks, also using seals is more a Taoist trait than Buddhist;  but he brings up buddha multiple times in the series. It's possible that the mangaka didn't know the difference as 39% of the population of Japan don't follow a religion. 

rr.JPG

Not all buddhists aim for nirvana. Nirvana is seen as the ultimate goal of buddhism but in reality most aim for the two upper planes, the one of gods, and the demi-god one; also marriage in buddhism can still help certain individuals find enlightenment. Also as for things Miroku has said throughout the series, I'm pretty sure the majority of it was to dodge bullets that came from him being a womanizer, playing up his role as a monk to feign ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_romantic_relationships

Being a Buddhist and being a Monk are two different things. The wiki says nothing about Monks. Like I said I think the series more implied for him to be a Taoist monk. Taoists don't revere Buddha, but they do show him respect as they do all ancestors. 

Either way my point was to more examine why exactly Minita is as hated as he is; despite very "similar" characters being beloved in other series. There were some translations I read a while back that Hori wanted the series to be much more violent and darker, but his editor fought against him on it. Apparently he's gotten a new editor a few weeks ago. Many think that it has to do with the manga going into a darker more serious arc. So there could be a chance now of some characters dying off. I think that his first editor though explains a lot of the lopsided writing; especially things set up early in the series. Hell the series was originally going to have Deku be a batman/iron man with no powers and his first editor made him change it. The one story I heard is probably bullshit, but it slightly changed Todoroki's scar story and relationship with his parents some. "originally" the manga was going to show Endevor being abusive to his wife, then Todoroki would have tried to protect his mom and got burned my mistake. Endevor then puts the blame on his wife saying that the burn was caused by her ice powers. The editor supposedly didn't like that and it was changed to what we got. Don't know how true that is, but it did make way more sense with how early Todoroki acted. That was years ago though and could have just been shit people on 2chan were saying would make sense that people on 4chan took as it's how it was meant to be.

As for minita though, being a gag character the only way I could see them killing him off is if they have him do something super heroic; and I imagine everyone will bitch about it as well. Either way while I do find the character annoying, I think the abundant hate that the character gets in america is for more superficial reasons that are forgiven in other characters of the architype. 

38 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Being a Buddhist and being a Monk are two different things. The wiki says nothing about Monks. Like I said I think the series more implied for him to be a Taoist monk. Taoists don't revere Buddha, but they do show him respect as they do all ancestors. 

Either way my point was to more examine why exactly Minita is as hated as he is; despite very "similar" characters being beloved in other series. There were some translations I read a while back that Hori wanted the series to be much more violent and darker, but his editor fought against him on it. Apparently he's gotten a new editor a few weeks ago. Many think that it has to do with the manga going into a darker more serious arc. So there could be a chance now of some characters dying off. I think that his first editor though explains a lot of the lopsided writing; especially things set up early in the series. Hell the series was originally going to have Deku be a batman/iron man with no powers and his first editor made him change it. The one story I heard is probably bullshit, but it slightly changed Todoroki's scar story and relationship with his parents some. "originally" the manga was going to show Endevor being abusive to his wife, then Todoroki would have tried to protect his mom and got burned my mistake. Endevor then puts the blame on his wife saying that the burn was caused by her ice powers. The editor supposedly didn't like that and it was changed to what we got. Don't know how true that is, but it did make way more sense with how early Todoroki acted. That was years ago though and could have just been shit people on 2chan were saying would make sense that people on 4chan took as it's how it was meant to be.

As for minita though, being a gag character the only way I could see them killing him off is if they have him do something super heroic; and I imagine everyone will bitch about it as well. Either way while I do find the character annoying, I think the abundant hate that the character gets in america is for more superficial reasons that are forgiven in other characters of the architype. 

Still not a fair comparison between Miroku and Mineta.

Miroku's womanizing is only part of his character, and more so a gag, perpetuated by his curse and desire to have an offspring to go after Naraku should he fail. That gag was only a small part of his character, him acting as the backbone of the group the majority of the time.

Mineta's character though is almost exclusively to be a perv and to creep on girls, even little girls like Eri. The only time he showed change was during the battle with Midnight, but as soon as that fight was over he completely reverted back to how he was, showing no growth or improvement. Perhaps if Mineta was a main character like Miroku and not a random reoccurring side character he'd be given a real character arc that would change things for him, but as it stands he's a horribly written character and eye/ear cancer to watch and listen to in the series.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

Still not a fair comparison between Miroku and Mineta.

Miroku's womanizing is only part of his character, and more so a gag, perpetuated by his curse and desire to have an offspring to go after Naraku should he fail. That gag was only a small part of his character, him acting as the backbone of the group the majority of the time.

Mineta's character though is almost exclusively to be a perv and to creep on girls, even little girls like Eri. The only time he showed change was during the battle with Midnight, but as soon as that fight was over he completely reverted back to how he was, showing no growth or improvement. Perhaps if Mineta was a main character like Miroku and not a random reoccurring side character he'd be given a real character arc that would change things for him, but as it stands he's a horribly written character and eye/ear cancer to watch and listen to in the series.

I don't get where this "not fair" comes from. It reminds me of how JFK and Nixon were actually very similar presidents, but Kennedy had looks and charisma.  

If it weren't for Minita then Tsuyu and Deku would both have been killed in the first arc. So even with his trash ability he has proven to be useful. Miroku was given an over powered ability that they had to keep dumping drawbacks on to keep it in check since it could solve nearly every battle in an instant. "if this crack gets any larger I'll be taken in by it", "oh no Naraku's poison insects", "Miasma!". Not only does Minita get a shit ability, but they also give him drawbacks ontop of it like his head bleeding and passing out if he overuses it. 

Also I seem to remember an episode where Miroku asked an 11 year old to bare his child. He says that he meant when she is older, so I guess that must make it okay. Unlike when Minita said that Eri is going to be quite the looker when she grows up.

HopefulPoorAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

BadAmpleAntipodesgreenparakeet-small.gif

maxresdefault (5).jpg

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I don't get where this "not fair" comes from. It reminds me of how JFK and Nixon were actually very similar presidents, but Kennedy had looks and charisma.  

If it weren't for Minita then Tsuyu and Deku would both have been killed in the first arc. So even with his trash ability he has proven to be useful. Miroku was given an over powered ability that they had to keep dumping drawbacks on to keep it in check since it could solve nearly every battle in an instant. "if this crack gets any larger I'll be taken in by it", "oh no Naraku's poison insects", "Miasma!". Not only does Minita get a shit ability, but they also give him drawbacks ontop of it like his head bleeding and passing out if he overuses it. 

Also I seem to remember an episode where Miroku asked an 11 year old to bare his child. He says that he meant when she is older, so I guess that must make it okay. Unlike when Minita said that Eri is going to be quite the looker when she grows up.

Well, in defense of the Miroku thing, Inuyasha is set in the feudal era, which lasted from 1185-1600, I think they stated somewhere the IY series takes place at least 500 years ago. In the majority of places in the world back then it was fairly common for men to marry girls as young as 12 or 13. Obviously it's not right, but that was the way the world was until the 1900's. And even then it wasn't until near the end of the century before 16-18 became standard around the majority of modern countries.

Japan I feel is much more casual about sexualizing little girls, or objectifying them in those ways.

Seems kinda like goal posting the issue just to defend the character. Everyone in the group recoiled at the idea of him asking someone so young to bare his children.  Either way I think my point was made, If you'd rather I could just switch it to another beloved pervert who has a 12 year old pose naked for him to inspire his erotic novels. Minita's problem I think is more with his design and lame powers over his shit personality traits. People are more forgiving of shit if they want to be like or bang a character. As perverts go Minita is on the lower rung compared to ones who came before him. The thing is that everyone tries to go the easy route and say their problem with the character is he's a pervert. Then they'll talk about how great characters like Jariya, Roshi, or Miroku are. Also probably doesn't help that many people have conditioned themselves to be outraged by things they find problematic. In Japan Minita isn't hated. He even placed ahead of some characters in the 3rd or 4th popularity poll. 

MV5BNWM5NjdkYWMtZjVkMC00ODViLTgyYmItNDkwMWJjYjM1NTljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Mineta lacks redeeming qualities. 

His power sucks. He's cowardly. He looks ridiculous. His costume sucks. He only wants to be a hero so he can get poontang.

If you have a blatant flaw like perving on every girl, you need to at least be charming enough to make people overlook it, like Miroku was.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

A lot of Miroku’s negative qualities were offset by him actually being charming and him having a power that without the poison bees would have been OP as fuck.

Mineta could work if he was secretly a genius and that’s why he’s kept around.  If there was a filler episode where Expies of Billy Butcher and friends go after Mineta but he completely and utterly outsmarts them despite his lecherous nature and lame power.  Something that makes you go “Oh, THAT’S why he hasn’t been expelled yet.”

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daos said:

Mineta lacks redeeming qualities. 

His power sucks. He's cowardly. He looks ridiculous. His costume sucks. He only wants to be a hero so he can get poontang.

If you have a blatant flaw like perving on every girl, you need to at least be charming enough to make people overlook it, like Miroku was.

I mean in the beginning it appeared they were setting it up that Mineta would go through a self-discovery and become a better hero and better character, given how low his self-esteem was in Season One. But we are STILL waiting for that moment, if one comes at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jman said:

A lot of Miroku’s negative qualities were offset by him actually being charming and him having a power that without the poison bees would have been OP as fuck.

Mineta could work if he was secretly a genius and that’s why he’s kept around.  If there was a filler episode where Expies of Billy Butcher and friends go after Mineta but he completely and utterly outsmarts them despite his lecherous nature and lame power.  Something that makes you go “Oh, THAT’S why he hasn’t been expelled yet.”

I doubt he'll gain respect from fans even if it turned out that he was a genius. Unless they give him some sort of transformation that makes him handsome and charming; I doubt people will change their minds. 

Daos pretty much summed up what I was saying in less words. He lacks redeeming qualities. They have showed him finding ways to actually make his lame power work. 
418.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, elfie said:

I mean in the beginning it appeared they were setting it up that Mineta would go through a self-discovery and become a better hero and better character, given how low his self-esteem was in Season One. But we are STILL waiting for that moment, if one comes at all.

It's really a problem with any cast that has more than 5 characters to focus on. Character development just gets lost in the shuffle. Though the character is pretty much the Mangaka's self insert that he sees himself in the most, so nothing is ever going to happen to the character. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jman said:

I'm still confused at how Mineta passed the initial exam vs the robots. They gave him points for immobilizing them?

Miroku isn't only tall, charming and good looking with a bad ass power. He's also brave and capable of real emotions. He has a tragic backstory and his life is in danger from his own power. He must succeed in his quest or die.

While Mineta wants to use his sticky balls to bang girls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

Seems kinda like goal posting the issue just to defend the character. Everyone in the group recoiled at the idea of him asking someone so young to bare his children.  Either way I think my point was made, If you'd rather I could just switch it to another beloved pervert who has a 12 year old pose naked for him to inspire his erotic novels. Minita's problem I think is more with his design and lame powers over his shit personality traits. People are more forgiving of shit if they want to be like or bang a character. As perverts go Minita is on the lower rung compared to ones who came before him. The thing is that everyone tries to go the easy route and say their problem with the character is he's a pervert. Then they'll talk about how great characters like Jariya, Roshi, or Miroku are. Also probably doesn't help that many people have conditioned themselves to be outraged by things they find problematic. In Japan Minita isn't hated. He even placed ahead of some characters in the 3rd or 4th popularity poll. 

MV5BNWM5NjdkYWMtZjVkMC00ODViLTgyYmItNDkwMWJjYjM1NTljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

random side note About Jiraya...at one point he tells Naruto he's sexy when he's still a boy, so apparently he's just a pedophile in general 

On 10/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

HopefulPoorAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

BadAmpleAntipodesgreenparakeet-small.gif

maxresdefault (5).jpg

the episode where Miroku asks to fuck an 11 year old was filler...Rumiko wouldn't have tollerated that shit

5 hours ago, mochi said:

random side note About Jiraya...at one point he tells Naruto he's sexy when he's still a boy, so apparently he's just a pedophile in general 

He was looking at Nartuo's seal, but for some reason didn't want him to know that he was examining it and used that as a cover to get Naruto to ignore him. 

48 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

The hell are you talking about? She shipped Sesshomaru with Rin, and was fine with Miroku being 18 and groping teens. Also the episode with the 11 year old isn't filler. 

8.jpeg

huh...I stand corrected....weird, I could swear it was a filler

Seconded what Daos and Jman said about Miroku.  He is nothing like Mineta.  Mineta has no redeeming qualities.  And if Mineta is the author's insert character that is pretty pathetic.  Then again there is that interview talking about the girls with the author and the anime's character designer and comes off as pretty pervy.

Unfortunately it appears the person who had posted that interview had their twitter suspended.  Actually it looks like what happened is, someone posted a picture collage comparing the girls' manga and anime versions.  That person got suspended for some unknown reason, and the other user who replied with the scan of that interview, I guess their tweet got deleted when the OP had their account suspended.  And comicbook.com didn't separately embed/quote them.  Annoying.  I don't suppose Wayback Machine works for Twitter? 

I remember saving the picture/scan of the interview, but probably didn't rename it, so it is just whatever it was randomly labeled by Twitter, and on my old computer, which isn't hooked up right now, and I wasn't able to get everything off of it, yet.  I need more flash drives, and I was unaware that you can't store both large and small files on the same flash drives, because then it will tell you the large files are too big if formatted for smaller files, or the small files end up taking up a lot of extra space when you format for large files.

Here I was able to find it.  Looks like the interview was longer than just what that Twitter user posted.  I wish I could find this somewhere else than this Amino site.   That site is really obnoxious and has way too much shit cluttering the page.

https://aminoapps.com/c/bnha-boku-no-hero-academia/page/blog/entrevista-a-kohei-horikoshi-y-yoshihiko-umakoshi-character-book/PJzv_QLgUmuN43VQ1QEwJ6r5zealErELxqR

Here is the pertinent section.  I am hoping a possible rough translation makes this conversation sound worse than it is lol.  I personally don't like using the term "meat" since it makes me think more of food, and, yeah.  I don't like to put those two thoughts together.

Do you like slightly chubby women !?

- Horikoshi-sensei, some of your drawings impressed you enough to say "wow, that's how it looks"

Horikoshi: Uraraka Ochako's, the arms, legs and torso areas of the girls tend to be a bit thick / plump, this is a bit apart, but I like them with a good figure and a little more meat (laughs)

Umakoshi: That's just another charm point, I guess you could say it's an appeal that's different from most heroines these days ... I wanted to draw her with that trend too, but she ended up skinny anyway.

Horikoshi: But her rear sight (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °) still has an adequate amount of sensuality despite being slim, which I think is pretty cool.

Umakoshi: That reaction reminds me, I was thinking that surprisingly, the grade of meat I gave to Ashido came out quite well.

Horikoshi: She came out amazing too, if you know what I mean. Once during my work I took to looking at their character models with my staff, and the first comment that came out of everyone's mouth was "this good" (laughs)

Umakoshi: She came out quite voluptuous, right? oops ... i wasn't even aware of it, i was just going for your comments ...

Horikoshi: Oh no, actually, I'm thankful!

Here is the quote of the excerpt from Twitter that got deleted.  This version doesn't sound as bad.  They still say "meat," though.  Eh.  I like the look of Horikoshi's girls and would have preferred had they looked more like their manga counterparts, but I wish he and the anime character designer wouldn't say "meat."

“The arms, legs, and torso areas of the girls I drew tend to be a little on the plump full-bodied side. This is a bit of an unseemly aside, but I like well-built girls with a little meat on them,” the artist said.

“That’s just another charm point,” Umakoshi answered. “I guess you could say it’s an appeal that’s different from most heroines these days. I meant to draw her [in the anime] with that tendency of yours in mind, too, but she ended up slim anyway.”

It's annoying me that I cannot find the original good translation of this interview.  Maybe you have to buy the physical book to read it, since I can't find it online anywhere.  I think it came from some character book.

Sesshomaru is basically Rin's father.  That's not a pairing.  I thought I had heard somewhere that Takahashi hated the pairing, but now I can't find it.  All I'm seeing coming up is forum threads of people arguing about it.  Don't think I will jump down that rabbit hole.  Either way, it would be Woody Allen-levels if it becomes official.  Yuck.

Edited by ben0119