UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom premiers 8/29

21 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

according to a schedule someone posted on The Anime Superheroes Forum

Assassination Classroom will only get to air it's first episode before the block goes on break for three weeks due to DC Fandom Part 2(Since There's a second DC Fandom Event On 9/12)

it's not been announced yet but it's weird that the premiere dates for toonami in september begin with 9/19

Really? Weird, I didn't really look it up but I thought that second part of Fandome didn't have any announcement stuff and was just like extra panels and stuff they couldn't fit this weekend?

I wonder what they'll air? Hmmm, I guess a couple of the Justice League animated movies that are kinda recent-ish like Justice League: War?  Since they did do Justice League Unlimited way back just like they've done Batman stuff.

Would be a good chance to actually air something pretty new still like Batman Ninja, like someone else mentioned before, which would have been a good newer pick for last weekend.

Edit: Though it wasn't bad finally getting to see all of dark knight returns properly since I never saw both parts close together the way I should have lol, and I liked seeing Year One again for the first time in a while.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Really? Weird, I didn't really look it up but I thought that second part of Fandome didn't have any announcement stuff and was just like extra panels and stuff they couldn't fit this weekend?

I wonder what they'll air? Hmmm, I guess some Justice League animated movies?  Since they did do Justice League Unlimited way back just like they've done Batman stuff.

Would be a good chance to actually air Batman Ninja, like someone else mentioned before, which would have been a good newer pick for last weekend.

DC Fandome is the only explanation anyone can come up with to explain toonami being absent the first two weeks of september

i honestly wonder what they'll air myself too....but the more i think about it

i wonder how they'll announce this since they'll need to have a promo ready to air this saturday

otherwise people will be confused when they tune in 9/5 and it's just movies

so now other websites are listing the normal schedule for 9/5 instead of "TBA" Like The TZ/ASH Forums reported

suppose now we just have to wait and see if toonami announces another dc event soon or if it's just back to business as usual

i hope TZ/ASH Is wrong because EP1 for Assassination Classroom being 8/29 followed by EP2 on 9/19 would be really awkward

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

Not to mention parts 1-3 of a Golden Wind 3 parter being spread out over SIX WEEKS!

Hey everybody, it's "social distancing," Toonami-style!

What's really freaking weird is that DirecTV, the closest-allied cable company to Toonami, simply had "To Be Announced" listed for those timeslots, not only for 9/5, but for 8/29 as well! That's as of 7 AM this morning (WEDNESDAY 8/26)!!

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

What's really freaking weird is that DirecTV, the closest-allied cable company to Toonami, simply had "To Be Announced" listed for those timeslots, not only for 9/5, but for 8/29 as well! That's as of 7 AM this morning (WEDNESDAY 8/26)!!

The only thing that's weird here is that you're apparently trusting DirecTV over the schedule on [as]'s site.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:29 AM, PokeNirvash said:

I'm now convinced the second "DC Fandome" interruption is a tactic to give FUNimation enough time to dub more Black Clovers so Toonami won't have to put it on hiatus like they did MHA.

they still will