UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom premiers 8/29

OhĀ hey they actually did what I and others suggested and got a showĀ that's already dubbed from the past few years.

From what I have seen, heard, and read, though, Assassination Classroom seems...Ā disturbing.Ā  Also the yellow tentacle guy looks creepy as fuck.

Though, DangerMouse assured me that it's good, especially if one can buy into its tonal shifts due to the large amount of comedy.Ā  I didn't really look into it deeply, so maybe I have the wrong idea about it.Ā  I'll watch it and see how it turns out.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, Sketch said:

This will be lots of fun to watch on Toonami. It is a total of 47 episodes and thankfully adapts the manga all the way to the ending.

It's another JUMP shounen but thankfully it is not another Naruto clone like MHA and Black Clover.

Also good news, JoJo didn't get booted to the back, Fire Force reruns moved after Black Clover and for those who wanted it goneĀ Ballmastrz didn't finish it's run on Toonami (personally I'm a little disappointed it didn't since there was only two 11 minute episodes left).

I definitely wish they could have brought this in a month or two ago but it's a welcome addition regardless.

I didn't realize it was 47 episodes instead of 26 or so.Ā  It will hold the fort down in its slot for a good while, then.Ā  And covered the whole manga, huh?Ā  I guess it is a shorter series.Ā  But that's good.Ā  Always good to have a complete adaption.

How dare you call Black Clover and MHA Naruto clones!Ā  Especially when they are much better than it in many ways!

Yeah that is a good shuffling of the schedule.Ā  I couldn't stand Ballmastrz but yeah it's odd they didn't just do the last week of episodes.

Yeah we desperately needed something sooner but at least we got it now. T__T

• Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 12:05 AM, Syon said:

I write visual novels about the National Parks as anime girls now.Ā 

I can't tell if you are joking or being serious!Ā  But if you are serious, you have Japan beat lmao.Ā  There are computer operating systems as girls (OS-tans,) game consoles as girls (Hyperdimension Neptunia,) naval warships as girls (Kantai Collection and Azur Lane,) among surely others.Ā  Making inanimate objects into anime girls is certainly odd, but national parks aren't exactly a singular object, vehicle, or even building, but an area with many locations and places within them!

On 8/21/2020 at 12:14 AM, TheChuggernaut said:

I have gone from having a podcast where I talk about Toonami shows to frequenting a podcast where I talk about Toonami shows.

What podcast?Ā  I miss the old one, by the way.

But, to both of y'all -

Yeah, I ripped off the Applebee's commercial.Ā  And I guess what you lead you back here was Assassination Classroom, haha.

Edited by ben0119

On 8/20/2020 at 11:40 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Huh. Alright, I've never seen it.

Now who wants to make a bet how fast they will pull it after the next school shooting happens.

Funny enough, there haven't been any mass shootings since covid started.Ā  Those guys have no problem being shot by themselves or cops or being thrown in prison, but apparently don't want to get sick in the process haha.

On 8/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

Ah yes fresh 5 year old school sol comedy. The freshest of content. At least it's trying something different.Ā Ā Wasn't a fan of it when I watched it on funimation years ago so I'll pass.Ā 

WHOOSH!

The whole point was to get a show that has already been dubbed in full so they don't have to keep pulling it or rerunning it.Ā  Preferably something from the past few years that people wanted to see on the block that never made it on for whatever reason.Ā  Which is what many of us have been suggesting repeatedly!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

WHOOSH!

The whole point was to get a show that has already been dubbed in full so they don't have to keep pulling it or rerunning it.Ā  Preferably something from the past few years that people wanted to see on the block that never made it on for whatever reason.Ā  Which is what many of us have been suggesting repeatedly!

Yet DeMarco says they cost the same as new shows. If we're going to be picking up stuff from the past grabĀ A Certain Magical Index. 3 seasons so far 74 episodesĀ  + a movie, 2 spin-offsĀ with 86 episodes between the spin-offs.Ā  I never said that assclass was a bad pick, I just voiced why I'm not excited for it and am ducking out of the watch threads. I'm not going to just tune in and rip on a show I know everyone likes; that would be an asshole thing to do. I'll find something else to do with my time or go to sleep.Ā 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Yet DeMarco says they cost the same as new shows. If we're going to be picking up stuff from the past grabĀ A Certain Magical Index. 3 seasons so far 74 episodesĀ  + a movie, 2 spin-offsĀ with 86 episodes between the spin-offs.Ā  I never said that assclass was a bad pick, I just voiced why I'm not excited for it and am ducking out of the watch threads. I'm not going to just tune in and rip on a show I know everyone likes; that would be an asshole thing to do. I'll find something else to do with my time or go to sleep.Ā 

Old shows are no cheaper but the old shows won't run out of dubbed episodes.Ā  That is the whole point.

I don't know much about the Index franchise or if it is good at all.Ā  Hopefully it is more accessible than than Fate or Monogatari which seem confusing and impenetrable.Ā  It's not a good sign to me when I see "how to watch" guides.Ā  86 episodes with just the spin-offs or including the 74 along with the spin-offs?Ā  Either way that is a lot!Ā  It would give Demarco a lot of content for a while, basically a ready-made long-runner which are a dying breed, at this point, but Demarco still loves to have them.Ā  We can see how he has struggled to program the block without long-runners to build around anymore.Ā  That of course is assuming the series would go over well with Toonami viewers, which I have no idea.Ā  Though the movie will probably never be aired so I hope it's not something that's integral to the overall story, like the Demon Slayer movie covering a fucking manga arc. -_- Seriously what the hell made them decide to do that?

Ah, fair enough.

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Old shows are no cheaper but the old shows won't run out of dubbed episodes.Ā  That is the whole point.

I don't know much about the Index franchise or if it is good at all.Ā  Hopefully it is more accessible than than Fate or Monogatari which seem confusing and impenetrable.Ā  It's not a good sign to me when I see "how to watch" guides.Ā  86 episodes with just the spin-offs or including the 74 along with the spin-offs?Ā  Either way that is a lot!Ā  It would give Demarco a lot of content for a while, basically a ready-made long-runner which are a dying breed, at this point, but Demarco still loves to have them.Ā  We can see how he has struggled to program the block without long-runners to build around anymore.Ā  That of course is assuming the series would go over well with Toonami viewers, which I have no idea.Ā  Though the movie will probably never be aired so I hope it's not something that's integral to the overall story, like the Demon Slayer movie covering a fucking manga arc. -_- Seriously what the hell made them decide to do that?

Ah, fair enough.

Index is goodĀ Railgun is hit or miss. It mostly just develops side characters and shows events going on that interweave with the main story of index while the MC isn't around, so it world builds. Some episodes though are just cute girls doing cute things. Though when added into events in index it adds more impact to some characters.Ā 

Ā 

Spoiler

Ā 

Like in season 2 of Railgun we get scenes like this where girls are just hanging out doing girl stuff.Ā 

Then in Index season III we see Red having used her powers to cut her blonde friend in half and drag half her dead corpse through the street

Ā 

So you can only watch Index and understand the story fine. Though Railgun and Accelerator fill in the world, and explain some other events from Index. Where people get confused is that if you wanted to watch the series in perfect chronological order. Even then it's not that hard to follow. This one is a little out of date though since Railgun and index haveĀ gotten another season since then. Though Railguns season 3 takes place during the Festival arc,Ā  So it's easy to understand that while Touma was chasing after a Witch in the festival arc of season 2 of index that these events were going on in Railgun.Ā 
J9r3LiL.png?1

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Though the movie will probably never be aired so I hope it's not something that's integral to the overall story

It's not, early on they even joke about it. Touma says that he never even noticed this giant tower that goes into space before. Everyone then just makes fun of him for not noticing something so obvious. Though as it stands it's no more canon than any of the one piece or bleachĀ films.Ā 

• Like 1

Index is generally considered a much worse show than Railgun.Ā 

I was actually looking forward to S3 of Index but good god what a fucking mess. That show is dead to me. Dropped it after like 5 episodes.

The first two seasons of Index would have been worth picking up years ago, missed the boat on that one.

21 minutes ago, elfie said:

Which is ironic considering Railgun is supposed to be its spin-off.

Yup it's pretty funny how the spin off became the main driver of it's popularity.

But Touma sucks as an MC, and Index is also kind of a shit character. It also suffers from too many characters syndrome.

Misaka however, is a great character and Railgun has much better pacing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Daos said:

Index is generally considered a much worse show than Railgun.Ā 

I was actually looking forward to S3 of Index but good god what a fucking mess. That show is dead to me. Dropped it after like 5 episodes.

The first two seasons of Index would have been worth picking up years ago, missed the boat on that one.

Railgun gets more merch to sell because cute girls are more marketable and Japan be Japan. Index being worse though isĀ more of an /a/ meme.Ā  It's weird that you would have dropped it during a big fight.Ā  The problem was that the animation team fucked up. They kept cutting out all the shit having to do with the underground organizations in academy city except for ITEM. Though then we're starting off season 3 having ITEM, BLOCK, SCHOOL, and MEMBER all trying to kill each other, and if you haven't read the LN or Manga you're like who the fuck are all these people and why should I care?Ā  So it was like oh these characters don't seem important to the plot on all these past arcs. Then leading into the biggest arc of the series they're like well fuck guess no better time than the present to throw everyone into some episodes.Ā  Ā Even the members of ITEM you'd be lost as to who this crazy slutĀ is unless you watched Railgun.Ā 

The season wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as season 2 which was the best one. It just really suffered from this no build-up start of just dumping like 20 something new characters and lots of fights and explosions. Hell they kill a lot of the characters off screen because they knew nobody really gave a damn. /a/ though even remarked on how bullshit it was, and felt that it was only done to justify priory over the railgun series.Ā  Hell budget wise you can look at Season 3 of Index and Season 3 of Railgun and they almost look like different studio's made them, but it's just because Railgun was given so much more of a budget for its season to make sure everyone looks nice.Ā 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yup it's pretty funny how the spin off became the main driver of it's popularity.

But Touma sucks as an MC, and Index is also kind of a shit character. It also suffers from too many characters syndrome.

Misaka however, is a great character and Railgun has much better pacing.

Touma is pretty good as an MC, Index though I'll agree sucks. The author gave up on her after season 1. She's pretty much just around as an excuse for Touma to be involved with the magic world.Ā  As for pacing only season 2 of index had good pacing. Season 1 would have been fine if it wasn't for the deep blood arc. Though I do like how HimegamiĀ being ignored and forgotten after her arc has been a running gag.Ā 

Ā 

To Aru Majutsu no Index - 21 - Large 20.jpg

50 minutes ago, elfie said:

Which is ironic considering Railgun is supposed to be its spin-off.

Railgun gets a lot of filler/important plot episodes. Only like 10 episodes a season are actually canon while the other 14 are filler. While in index they're all canon. For some reason they never give it filler and just make more seasons. Though you'll get a few times where the girls in railgun go to a beach or bath house or explore urban legends. They also bring up that a pool is different from a beach so it's not doing the same thing twice, and they can try on different swimsuits.Ā Ā Man I wonder why Railgun has such merch sales.Ā 

Ā 

Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_E13_10m_46s.jpg

To-Aru-Kagaku-no-Railgun-T-01_10.26_2020.01.13_01.50.08_stitch.jpg

Edu83s9XYAEWAVH.jpg

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I can't tell if you are joking or being serious!Ā  But if you are serious, you have Japan beat lmao.Ā  There are computer operating systems as girls (OS-tans,) game consoles as girls (Hyperdimension Neptunia,) naval warships as girls (Kantai Collection and Azur Lane,) among surely others.Ā  Making inanimate objects into anime girls is certainly odd, but national parks aren't exactly a singular object, vehicle, or even building, but an area with many locations and places within them!

Ā 

I am completely 100% serious. It's my full time job now.Ā 

• Like 1

according to a schedule someone posted on The Anime Superheroes Forum

Assassination Classroom will only get to air it's first episode before the block goes on break for three weeks due to DC Fandom Part 2(Since There's a second DC Fandom Event On 9/12)

it's not been announced yet but it's weird that the premiere dates for toonami in september begin with 9/19

Edited by CountFrylock
  • D'oh 1

9 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Railgun gets a lot of filler/important plot episodes. Only like 10 episodes a season are actually canon while the other 14 are filler. While in index they're all canon. For some reason they never give it filler and just make more seasons. Though you'll get a few times where the girls in railgun go to a beach or bath house or explore urban legends. They also bring up that a pool is different from a beach so it's not doing the same thing twice, and they can try on different swimsuits.Ā Ā Man I wonder why Railgun has such merch sales.Ā 

Ā 

Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_E13_10m_46s.jpg

To-Aru-Kagaku-no-Railgun-T-01_10.26_2020.01.13_01.50.08_stitch.jpg

Edu83s9XYAEWAVH.jpg

I usually enjoy these kind of images, but all I see instead are dollar signs.

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

according to a schedule someone posted on The Anime Superheroes Forum

Assassination Classroom will only get to air it's first episode before the block goes on break for three weeks due to DC Fandom Part 2(Since There's a second DC Fandom Event On 9/12)

it's not been announced yet but it's weird that the premiere dates for toonami in september begin with 9/19

..WHY??

1. WHY ARE THEY LASTING FOR MORE THAN A DAY! THEY ADVERTISED IT WILL ONLY TAKE PLACE FOR 24 HOURS!!!

2. WHY THEN WOULD TOONAMI ALLOW ONE WEEK OF A REGULAR SCHEDULE?!!??!

6 minutes ago, elfie said:

..WHY??

1. WHY ARE THEY LASTING FOR MORE THAN A DAY! THEY ADVERTISED IT WILL ONLY TAKE PLACE FOR 24 HOURS!!!

2. WHY THEN WOULD TOONAMI ALLOW ONE WEEK OF A REGULAR SCHEDULE?!!??!

i don't know any logical explanation for the first one but as for the second

someone on anime superheroes forum had this to say

"Not like Toonami's crew knew FanDome was going to be split up when they were planning Assassin Classroom's debut and by the time they learned it, turned out Part 2 of FanDome lands on the week after Assassin Classroom premieres. Couldn't be helped."

9 minutes ago, elfie said:

.... SO DC FANDOME IS REALLY IN TWO PARTS!?!? WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY SAY THAT IN ANY OF THE MARKETING!??!? THEY USED THE WORD "ONLY!"

Ā 

My caps was on.

another theory could be they are using this as an excuse to buy more time for funimation to dub more episodes of black clover and fire force S2

and since WB Wants Toonami to promote DC Fandome Again it looks like

they'll happily accept it so that they don't have to replace black clover soon or think about the possibility that Fire Force S2 might have not enough episodes to confidently air in october

16 minutes ago, elfie said:

Actually, Toonami being turned into a plug for various virtual conventions isn't a bad idea. I just wish they had planned this while THEIR SHOWS AREN'T INTERRUPTED!

it just sounds like they had no idea this was even happening a second time and they were put in a very awkward position

where they come back from Two weeks of batman movies only to go back to more batman movies after one week of the regular block that sees a new addition to the lineup

expect a tweet from jason demarco where just like last time he says "Sorry Jojo Fans but You'll have to wait awhile longer"

58 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

it just sounds like they had no idea this was even happening a second time and they were put in a very awkward position

where they come back from Two weeks of batman movies only to go back to more batman movies after one week of the regular block that sees a new addition to the lineup

expect a tweet from jason demarco where just like last time he says "Sorry Jojo Fans but You'll have to wait awhile longer"

AT LEAST MIX IT UP A BIT AND AIR MOVIES THAT AREN'T BATMAN!

29 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'm now convinced the second "DC Fandome" interruption is a tactic to give FUNimation enough time to dub more Black Clovers so Toonami won't have to put it on hiatus like they did MHA.

unfortunately unlike MHA which is a seasonal show

Black clover is a long runner so eventually It'll have to go on hiatus since funimation can't dub fast enough to stay far ahead of the toonami broadcast

they were only able to put out 1 dubbed black clover episode in the span of three weeks with the last break toonami gave them

Well Poke just reported two of my deviants which are now taken down so yeah my accounts online are all doomed.

No I do not have any proof it was Poke who reported them, but what are the chances these two outbursts from people who hate me OCCUR at the SAME DAY ON THE SAME HOUR??

• D'oh 5

4 hours ago, elfie said:

I usually enjoy these kind of images, but all I see instead are dollar signs.

I even just looked it up Index has 74 episodes 0 of them are filler. Railgun has 63 episodes and 23 are filler. Most of Railguns filler though was in the first season where 15 of it's 25 episodes were filler. Season 2 only had 8 filler episodes, and Season 3 has had no filler episodes; but season 3 of railgun is the one people are bitching the most about because they didn't get enough cute girls doing cute things, and too much plot and fighting.Ā  The series has some slice of life moments. Though the fanbase that wants that as the bulk of the series are fucking cancer; because so many people who haven't gotten into index or railgun think it's just a teen girl sol show like K-On!. Rather than focusing what the show is really about. Girls getting punched in the face.Ā 

77dd80404327bc248e0816c4817823ac (1).jpg

[Ayako]_To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index_II_-_05_[H264_1280x720][310FDD1A].mkv - 00000.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

+_a73818fe710ba476d68469265cb596c3.jpg

Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_III_E14_18m_27s.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Well Poke just reported two of my deviants which are now taken down so yeah my accounts online are all doomed.

No I do not have any proof it was Poke who reported them, but what are the chances these two outbursts from people who hate me OCCUR at the SAME DAY ON THE SAME HOUR??

You really think I'd be so petty that I'd damage your reputation on a site that has nothing to do with what's being discussed here in the slightest?

Come now, I'm not like @Distinct Lunatic. I may get pissed off at the things you say or how you say them, but I don't despise you.

Edited by PokeNirvash

17 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

You really think I'd be so petty that I'd damage your reputation on a site that has nothing to do with what's being discussed here in the slightest?

Come now, I'm not like @Distinct Lunatic. I may get pissed off at the things you say or how you say them, but I don't despise you.

I don't know why people assume I reported the fucking twat in the past. We all know I don't think too highly of Elfie so if it was me I'd straight up admit it, but I never reported the dude. I do know why he was reported years ago on DA, that being before he blocked me and I was a watcher of his. The dude uploaded a sexualized drawing of May from pkmn, there were quite a lot of triggered people in the comments, him getting reported and/or temp banned for a short while because that picture of his.

1 hour ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

I don't know why people assume I reported the fucking twat in the past. We all know I don't think too highly of Elfie so if it was me I'd straight up admit it, but I never reported the dude. I do know why he was reported years ago on DA, that being before he blocked me and I was a watcher of his. The dude uploaded a sexualized drawing of May from pkmn, there were quite a lot of triggered people in the comments, him getting reported and/or temp banned for a short while because that picture of his.

SexualizedĀ  drawings of may are a dime a dozen on even DA. The only triggered people I remember was whoever it was that reported it and later got banned because they were trying to start drama on my account while I was uploading during the ban, and I just reported them rather than engaging in a debate when they wouldn't knock it off.Ā  The drama after the fact was more that someone was just spamming that he uploaded child porn out of context. I'm thinking it was more someone Elfie pissed off over on DA at the time. Some of the people over there are just strange that would interact with us. I had one trolling me for over a damn year because I said I didn't like the final arc of bleach and that Fairy Tail's story and characters were poorly written.

Edited by HardcoreHunter

45 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Serialized drawings of may are a dime a dozen on even DA. The only triggered people I remember was whoever it was that reported it and later got banned because they were trying to start drama on my account while I was uploading during the ban, and I just reported them rather than engaging in a debate when they wouldn't knock it off.Ā  The drama after the fact was more that someone was just spamming that he uploaded child porn out of context. I'm thinking it was more someone Elfie pissed off over on DA at the time. Some of the people over there are just strange that would interact with us. I had one trolling me for over a damn year because I said I didn't like the final arc of bleach and that Fairy Tail's story and characters were poorly written.

The final arc of Bleach was an incoherent mess. Which is why I very, very much hope (but wouldn't count on it) that when it comes to the upcoming adaptation of it they do a different take on the source material, to make it proper and coherent and tying up as many loose ends even if they have to break away from the manga at times. Not likely to happen, but they were able to add more substance to Kubo's work in the past.

As for the Elfie thing with May. I imagine people will interpret this statement of mine to take shots at me, but I find it so fukkin annoying how so many people get triggered by drawings of underage characters. It's lines on a paper, not real. I'd say it comes down more so to the way a character is portrayed. Going by the below 18 standard, that'd eliminate a lot of Bleach characters despite the fact that they all look like 20-30 year olds and not 15. With Naruto pretty much everyone around Naruto's age would be considered underaged pre-Boruto. Yoko from TTGL is another anime character that'd be considered underage. Even though she's 21 in the second half, the people of the internet focus more on her 14yo version. So when it comes to anime and hentai I'd say it comes down to how the character is drawn and portrayed. But again though, it's just lines on paper.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

The final arc of Bleach was an incoherent mess. Which is why I very, very much hope (but wouldn't count on it) that when it comes to the upcoming adaptation of it they do a different take on the source material, to make it proper and coherent and tying up as many loose ends even if they have to break away from the manga at times. Not likely to happen, but they were able to add more substance to Kubo's work in the past.

As for the Elfie thing with May. I imagine people will interpret this statement of mine to take shots at me, but I find it so fukkin annoying how so many people get triggered by drawings of underage characters. It's lines on a paper, not real. I'd say it comes down more so to the way a character is portrayed. Going by the below 18 standard, that'd eliminate a lot of Bleach characters despite the fact that they all look like 20-30 year olds and not 15. With Naruto pretty much everyone around Naruto's age would be considered underaged pre-Boruto. Yoko from TTGL is another anime character that'd be considered underage. Even though she's 21 in the second half, the people of the internet focus more on her 14yo version. So when it comes to anime and hentai I'd say it comes down to how the character is drawn and portrayed. But again though, it's just lines on paper.

Yeah I'm really hoping that they elaborate on the arc and fix some shit. Everyone pissed and moaned about that because "omgz that's filler you want filler in a series". First off the retards didn't realize that the whole concept of bhtsy was a satire of filler; and yes if you are fixing something it's fine imho. In defense of Kubo even the guy was being rushed and was sick, I doubt that mess that we got was his real vision for what he wanted the arc to be. Though against Kubo the guy has a record of shitting the bed.Ā  It's the issue I have with fandoms, and when I was like 16 through my early 20sĀ I'll admit I fell into it at times as well. That's this odd sense of brand loyalty and idolization of creators and series. I like Bleach, but I can point out it's flaws and still enjoy the series. I'm not going goal post arguments to try and defend a series I know has issues.Ā Ā 

I just had that argument a few weeks ago with the DF crew treating it like I'm posting child porn. It's fiction no different than watching a slasher film imho. I wouldn't call the cops on Kane Hodder who plays Jason, and I wouldn't demand a medalĀ for carrying my team in a cod match.Ā  For people who get offended by that stuff find something else to enjoy. It's been the way it's been for decades. The fact that some people get upset by fanservice or violence in fiction is the dumbest thing ever to me. It's also very double standardized from my experience. Usually it's goalpostersĀ with something to hide that are crying the loudest about it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'm now convinced the second "DC Fandome" interruption is a tactic to give FUNimation enough time to dub more Black Clovers so Toonami won't have to put it on hiatus like they did MHA.

That's honestly a laughable theory. Nothing about DC Fandome is being done to buy time for FUNimation to dub Black Clover, especially not the decision to split it into two events.

I'll tell you exactly what would have happened if they ran out of Clover episodes, they would have aired reruns of something in its place for a while. FUNimation's recording crunch if definitely benefiting from Toonami taking two (or more) weeks off to promote a DC event but that's just a bonus.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

You disappoint me with your harsh truths, Sketch. Sure, FUNi dubbing more Black Clovers may not be a reason for these unconfirmed delays in and of itself, but it could be used as a BC delay tactic regardless, and there's no disputing that.

I'm sure Toonami appreciates that WarnerMedia has given them a good way to avoid airing Black Clover for several weeks. I wont rule out the possibility that Toonami asked papa WarnerMedia to throw them a bone and suggested they could air movies to promote DC Fandome but given DeMarco's track record it seems waaaaaay more likely that WarnerMedia just thought using Toonami to promote DC Fandome was a decent idea and Toonami was more than happy to roll with it. It's especially absurd to suggest DC Fandome was extended to two days on separate weekends to throw Toonami another bone.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have started up JoJo back up much less started Assassination Classroom (for just one episode)Ā Ā if they were begging papa Warner to give them a way to stall for a show they usually air at 1:30am and barely promote. Harsh as it might sound, I don't think they're that worried about keeping Black Clover on without any hiccups. I'm sure they understand that they will not be able to stave off a hiatus forever.

Edited by Sketch