UnevenEdge

No New MHA this saturday

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

Dammit, I really hoped they'd be able to get this one on time.  Ah well, what can you do.

i think everyone had assumed they'd be able to pump out another episode within 3 weeks

yet here we are...past that point and still nothing from funimation

i feel bad for toonami because they keep having to kill time for episodes that may not even be completed until july or august at this point(maybe longer depending on what the actual problem is)

Edited by CountFrylock

Disappointing but not entirely unexpected. This is actually a more inspired decision for buying time then I was expecting. I think this is a good way to keep the regular viewers engaged and avoid a schedule shake up while they wait for the next dub episode to be ready. I’d like to see more “power to the people” airings like this as opposed to repeating the same episodes.

Why does this site not let we copy text from anywhere without screwing up the formatting?
Edited by Sketch

3 hours ago, Top Gun said:

I was trying to think of what episodes I'd most like.  Has to be either All Might's beatdown of Nomu from the climax of the first season, or UNITED STATES OF SMAAAAASH!

We need United States of Smash right now!!

Season 3, Episode 10 (#47) "Symbol of Peace" is what I voted for!

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Fuck me.

.... I'm gonna drop "always tells fans/companies in advance if a delay happens" as one of my Top Reasons Why I Love Funimation tabs off my list.

seriously...the fact they've been so silent lately about the progress of MHA Has been frustrating

it's especially frustrating for black clover fans as they haven't said anything regarding that dub since april or so

• D'oh 1

What exactly do you want them to say? "We're doing our very best here, but we're having to deal with several dozen people with several dozen different personal schedules recording with several dozen different personal equipment and environment setups, and it's a massive pain in the ass to collate all of this and produce something listenable in a timely manner"?  They'd just be stating the obvious.  If even one of the primary actors working on any of theses shows has some sudden tech issue pop up, or some personal crisis related to the weird-ass situation we all find ourselves in, FUNi can't release an episode.  I'm sure they've been essentially stretching themselves to the breaking point trying to get out what they have so far.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

seriously...the fact they've been so silent lately about the progress of MHA Has been frustrating

it's especially frustrating for black clover fans as they haven't said anything regarding that dub since april or so

Did their social media manager get COVID??

10 hours ago, Top Gun said:

What exactly do you want them to say? "We're doing our very best here, but we're having to deal with several dozen people with several dozen different personal schedules recording with several dozen different personal equipment and environment setups, and it's a massive pain in the ass to collate all of this and produce something listenable in a timely manner"?  They'd just be stating the obvious.  If even one of the primary actors working on any of theses shows has some sudden tech issue pop up, or some personal crisis related to the weird-ass situation we all find ourselves in, FUNi can't release an episode.  I'm sure they've been essentially stretching themselves to the breaking point trying to get out what they have so far.

I expect them to notify the fans the second they know something will be delayed, because they have always done that!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elfie said:

Did their social media manager get COVID??

that's the weird part....they are still quite active on twitter but despite all the messages they get about black clover dub episodes and the last two MHA S4 dub episodes

they never really acknowledge them at all or really talk about the status of either

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mochi said:

at this point I'm starting to question if Funimation is even an active company anymore

i know right? toonami just gave them three weeks and for some reason that wasn't enough time to get one episode out

I'm starting to think toonami can't really get in contact with funimation and are just as confused as the rest of us

• Confused 1

Are these threads just some weird kind of foreplay for you guys before you inevitably fuck in a Toonami-themed motel room?

The episodes will come out when they're finished and ready. All the bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to speed that up. Of course they're not replying to all the "WHERE ARE MY EPISODES?" comments on Twitter, that's a level of hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Are these threads just some weird kind of foreplay for you guys before you inevitably fuck in a Toonami-themed motel room?

The episodes will come out when they're finished and ready. All the bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to speed that up. Of course they're not replying to all the "WHERE ARE MY EPISODES?" comments on Twitter, that's a level of hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

If you haven't realized.... there are certain people on this forum who revel in doom and gloom, and don't take disappointment well. Or change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

that's the weird part....they are still quite active on twitter but despite all the messages they get about black clover dub episodes and the last two MHA S4 dub episodes

they never really acknowledge them at all or really talk about the status of either

Which makes me elaborate on my theory: the social media manager quit/temporarily relieved themself when they got sick, so they now have a new replacement that isn't at all as transparent.

BC and MHA are their two most popular new shonen anime shows right now. You'd think they would put a BIT more attention on them.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

So...dubbing an entire goddamn game maybe had something to do with the holdup.

someone on the MHA Sub-Reddit said that Kyle Phillips(Kaminari's VA)is streaming on twitch and mentioned that the English Dub for this patch was done pre-covid 19

which shoots down that theory

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Haha 1

The lines may have been recorded pre-quarantine, but there's probably been more work involved for Funi helping with the publisher to make sure everything turn out well. They weren't just sitting on this game update for three months, there was probably a lot of behind the scenes effort involved from editors and audio engineers over the past few months and weeks to make sure it was finished on time.

i think it's more likely that they are just having trouble recording The VA's for the new characters in the last two episodes 

that's the popular theory circulating around the MHA Fandom and it's the one I will choose to believe over the "Funimation was distracted by Finalizing The English Dub patch for one's justice II with bandai  namco"

it's always possible that could be the reason but without any clear cut confirmation we're just left to speculate

for example I Did read something about how some of the Voice Actors for the last two episodes aren't Local Talent From Texas so that makes things trickier for funimation

Edited by CountFrylock

9 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

So...dubbing an entire goddamn game maybe had something to do with the holdup.

Yeah, that could be it. It would make perfect sense that the game tied up the actors and actresses, especially if it had a deadline they still had to meet.

Still, it sucks that the dub of MHA essentially got the same treatment as The Walking Dead--did you know there's STILL one more episode left in the 10th season??

10 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

for example I Did read something about how some of the Voice Actors for the last two episodes aren't Local Talent From Texas so that makes things trickier for funimation

Oh my god.

Is there growing pool of actors really that small? I suppose they think that because no one has to go to the same office anymore, it'd be easier to gather actors from other parts of the country in one show more often, like they do with Fairy Tail and One Piece. But if that's what's causing the delay, then maybe they shouldn't? We're nowhere near the point in the story where the manga reaches, and the manga isn't near its actual ending, which means a ton of new characters are sure to arrive way after this.

But of course i can't make any confident guess. Because

THEY AREN'T TELLING US WHY THEY'RE BEING DELAYED!

Edited by elfie
  • D'oh 1

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Hopefully 88 will follow next week so that Toonami can wrap up MHA before the 4th of July. But if not, I guess that means we'll get it on July 11th because playing the season finale on Independence Day is just plain stupid!

why would it be stupid? it's not like anybody's gonna be traveling or partying on july 4th(since ya know we're still in a global pandemic and most live celebrations at this point have been canceled or are about to be canned)

5 hours ago, elfie said:

Oh my god.

Is there growing pool of actors really that small? I suppose they think that because no one has to go to the same office anymore, it'd be easier to gather actors from other parts of the country in one show more often, like they do with Fairy Tail and One Piece. But if that's what's causing the delay, then maybe they shouldn't? We're nowhere near the point in the story where the manga reaches, and the manga isn't near its actual ending, which means a ton of new characters are sure to arrive way after this.

But of course i can't make any confident guess. Because

THEY AREN'T TELLING US WHY THEY'RE BEING DELAYED!

I Mean it doesn't really take that long to find out that they reuse a lot of voice actors in the dubs they produce so with the amount of dubs they work on....there's a good chance many would be burnt out if they didn't go beyond the current lineup

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

E7E2669D-1FD6-4AD6-999C-2CF45252B3A1.thumb.jpeg.123fffb8d8870df118d01be5f47e845a.jpeg
We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!

That just makes me think they should play the episode with the United States of Smash on 4th of July.

So Black Clover has another dubbed episode finally and MHA 87 should be able to air next Saturday. I hope that they held back on 87 so that they could stream 88 the week after but we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Sketch

10 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Hey, I'm not arguing with an MHA marathon of All Might's Greatest Smashes on the 4th of July!!

THAT would be pretty damn epic!

Just not the new episode.

They could run the new episode and then air an All-Might marathon...

So I have some deafening news.

Patrick Seitz tweeted a day ago that he had to get surgery and is now recovering. ... this does not bode well for the remaining two episodes given how he's in MHA, and

Endeavor becomes essentially the main character for these last two episodes of Season 4, now that the focus of the next arc shifts away from the UA students and onto the pro heroes. I really hope he completed the recordings for both before this.

1 minute ago, elfie said:

So I have some deafening news.

Patrick Seitz tweeted a day ago that he had to get surgery and is now recovering. ... this does not bode well for the remaining two episodes given how he's in MHA, and

Hide contents

Endeavor becomes essentially the main character for these last two episodes of Season 4, now that the focus of the next arc shifts away from the UA students and onto the pro heroes. I really hope he completed the recordings for both before this.

Patrick probably already recorded for episode 88.

Do you just go looking for unlikely doomsday scenarios for fun or what?

Patrick Setiz is a veteran actor and y'know, a capable goddamn adult. Unless this was an emergency surgery, he would have given ample notice to Funi and the other studios if he'd be unable to perform. And considering he was cracking jokes about the surgery both before and after it happened, it was a minor thing. Funi put out an announcement that episode 87 would be out this Sunday. That means the episode is either 100% ready to go or only needs the last bit of work done on it before it airs; the voice work is definitely already finished because the rest of the work could not happen unless they had the dubbed audio from everyone. We might still get a two week wait for 88, but a lot of the work is almost certainly out of the way for it.

Sit down and stop blowing things out of proportion to give yourself an excuse to panic.

• Thanks 2