UnevenEdge

No New MHA this saturday

I'd be more concerned about whichever mysterious employee you emailed just outright lied to you before, because the delay had nothing to do with "waiting for scripts from Japan" or whatever the fuck you were saying. They don't get scripts from Japan. They literally pay people to translate and subtitle the episodes in-house so that they can post them on the same day (the scheduled release time was within an hour of the show airing). At that point, the ADR team takes that translation and figures out how to get the lines to match the lip flaps without changing anything too much. They're not sitting there for weeks on end, waiting for Bones to fax over a detailed script of the entire episode so that they can get started.

• Like 1

I would assume that they are getting episode scripts from the studio, unless something goes horribly wrong, but they'd be getting said scripts well in advance of each episode's actual broadcast.  The Japanese voicework for an anime episode is done fairly early in the process, not after the episode's a completed product as in the case of an English dub.  There's no way that was the hold-up here.

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 2

When I heard Funimation uploaded both the dubs of episodes 87 and 88 this past Sunday at the same time, I thought, "you watch. Toonami's gonna be true to their current habits and announce only a few days before Saturday that they will also air them!"

Sure enough, 87 will air this Saturday.

Good, then only two weeks before the Stinger for the next season.

Spoiler

The past owners of One For All, and my theory that Deku will eventually fly because let’s face it, if you’re going to be the main hero of a universe, you might as well be Superman.

That would admittedly be a curveball.

Spoiler

I do find it funny that the original concept of making Deku a Batman equivalent has been completely turned on his head into him becoming a Superman equivalent.  If they eventually reach that point in the anime, they might as well whip out the John Williams theme.