UnevenEdge

favorite eltin jon song?

Brevity

Honestly I only remember listening to 2 songs of his, the whole 'We are the champions' and 'Rocket man' and between the two I like Rocket Man more.

Somewhat funny story about Elton John, I used to work with this one guy that was a hardcore Christian, the type that followed the bible to a T, where if the bible says nothing of something then that something doesn't exist (such as aliens and dinosaurs, and according to him even ghosts). This guy is also very much so against gays, him being one of those "all gays will go to hell" types of people. And he was talking about Elton John once, "I used to love Elton John and his music until he turned his back on the Christian faith by marrying another man" going on to talk about how he was gonna go to hell now.

8 hours ago, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

Honestly I only remember listening to 2 songs of his, the whole 'We are the champions' and 'Rocket man' and between the two I like Rocket Man more.

Somewhat funny story about Elton John, I used to work with this one guy that was a hardcore Christian, the type that followed the bible to a T, where if the bible says nothing of something then that something doesn't exist (such as aliens and dinosaurs, and according to him even ghosts). This guy is also very much so against gays, him being one of those "all gays will go to hell" types of people. And he was talking about Elton John once, "I used to love Elton John and his music until he turned his back on the Christian faith by marrying another man" going on to talk about how he was gonna go to hell now.

Semi-off-topic: My dad used to work at a record store and one day this straight-laced looking guy came back to return a Black Sabbath album because, "This is the Devil's music."

And my dad was thinking "What was your first clue?"

1 hour ago, Seight said:

Semi-off-topic: My dad used to work at a record store and one day this straight-laced looking guy came back to return a Black Sabbath album because, "This is the Devil's music."

And my dad was thinking "What was your first clue?"

I do find it funny all the things in the past the religious community lost their minds over. Harry Potter is definitely one of the most known cases, just because the books were about witches and wizards and magic, you had parents out there treating it like it was the work of the devil. A friend of mine comes from a very religious family, her dad being a pastor. Things like Harry Potter and even Pokemon were forbidden to her and her brother, her telling me about how her brother was collecting the trading cards back then, her dad reacting by tearing them up and throwing them in the trash. Her family being Christian. And I find that funny cause my family is Catholic, my grandparents being very devoted to it, and yet they thought nothing of me and my sis being into things like HP and pkmn, hell my grandma even took me to the theaters to watch those films when I was a kid.

Edited by Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves