Jump to content
UnevenEdge
avec

Favorite Video Game OST

Recommended Posts

What are your favorite game soundtracks?

One of my all time favs:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's way too many for me to list off so I'll just name my favorite composers

The Capcom Sound on the classic Mega Man and X Series

Koji Kondo ( Super Mario and Legend of Zelda Series)

Tim and Geoff Follin (Plok, Spider Man and the X-men in Arcade's Revenge)

Naoki Kodaka (Blaster Master, Journey To Silius, Batman, Super Spy Hunter and Fester's Quest)

Tommy Tallarico (Cool Spot, Earthworm JIm 2, Aladdin)

David Wise (Donkey Kong Country and Battletoads Series)

Hirozaka Tanaka (Dr. Mario, Kid Icarus)

Yuzo Koshirio (Super Adventure Island, Actraiser and Streets of Rage)

Nobou Uematsu (Final Fantasy Series)

Jun Ishikawa ( Kirby and Smash Bros. Series)

Hidenori Maezawa (Contra and Super C)


Edited by Kudasai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Chrono Trigger

Ahhh its so beautiful.  I never got to play this game but sat through some walkthroughs with a past partner and was amazed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what my absolute favorite is but I'll start off with Chrono Cross.
 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the funny thing with the OST for Nier Automata is the fact that the lyrics don't mean anything, and for the most part all the words spoken in it aren't real words, Yoko Taro having the soundtrack done in a way where you're meant to be able to feel the emotion behind it without understanding what's said.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, Dread Pirate Roberts said:

the funny thing with the OST for Nier Automata is the fact that the lyrics don't mean anything, and for the most part all the words spoken in it aren't real words, Yoko Taro having the soundtrack done in a way where you're meant to be able to feel the emotion behind it without understanding what's said.

I still need to play this, game is sitting on the shelf. I like the two Nier songs that were in FFXV. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Greeny said:

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Mega Man 2

In that order.

I considered putting Mega Man 2. But the ones I listed I think I like just a notch more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

way too many to name but here goes in no particular order

 

1. megaman zx 

2. sonic cd (japan)- both US and japan got a different soundtrack. 

3. vampire the masquerade bloodlines

4. deathsmiles

5. pokemon b&w 2

6. hotline miami

7. legend of zelda majoras mask

8. lords of thunder (pc engine) 

9. ridge racer type 4

10. contra hard corps 

 

Edited by Distortedreasoning
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DKC is up there also for sure. First one is the most nostalgic for me, I'm not actually sure I ever beat 2 or 3. I want to play the whole trilogy next year possibly.
 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rare from the mid to late 90s was just top tier all around, especially their sound department. 

i could have fit in way more but getting it down to 10 was tough and i feel like i missed out a lot lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gojira Claus said:

DKC is up there also for sure. First one is the most nostalgic for me, I'm not actually sure I ever beat 2 or 3. I want to play the whole trilogy next year possibly.
 

 

 

 

 

DKC is by far the hardest one imo, and I dont think I actually ever beat the game which is sad.  I absolutely loved 2 though.  3 is well...there's Kiddy Kong.

Edited by lesans_muse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, Kudasai said:

There's way too many for me to list off so I'll just name my favorite composers

The Capcom Sound on the classic Mega Man and X Series

Koji Kondo ( Super Mario and Legend of Zelda Series)

Tim and Geoff Follin (Plok, Spider Man and the X-men in Arcade's Revenge)

Naoki Kodaka (Blaster Master, Journey To Silius, Batman, Super Spy Hunter and Fester's Quest)

Tommy Tallarico (Cool Spot, Earthworm JIm 2, Aladdin)

David Wise (Donkey Kong Country and Battletoads Series)

Hirozaka Tanaka (Dr. Mario, Kid Icarus)

Yuzo Koshirio (Super Adventure Island, Actraiser and Streets of Rage)

Nobou Uematsu (Final Fantasy Series)

Jun Ishikawa ( Kirby and Smash Bros. Series)

Hidenori Maezawa (Contra and Super C)

 

THESE. Also, add in the Michiru Ōshima games:

Arc the Lad 3
Suikoden
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, Kudasai said:

There's way too many for me to list off so I'll just name my favorite composers

The Capcom Sound on the classic Mega Man and X Series

Koji Kondo ( Super Mario and Legend of Zelda Series)

Tim and Geoff Follin (Plok, Spider Man and the X-men in Arcade's Revenge)

Naoki Kodaka (Blaster Master, Journey To Silius, Batman, Super Spy Hunter and Fester's Quest)

Tommy Tallarico (Cool Spot, Earthworm JIm 2, Aladdin)

David Wise (Donkey Kong Country and Battletoads Series)

Hirozaka Tanaka (Dr. Mario, Kid Icarus)

Yuzo Koshirio (Super Adventure Island, Actraiser and Streets of Rage)

Nobou Uematsu (Final Fantasy Series)

Jun Ishikawa ( Kirby and Smash Bros. Series)

Hidenori Maezawa (Contra and Super C)

 

 

On 12/19/2019 at 12:40 AM, lupin_bebop said:

THESE. Also, add in the Michiru Ōshima games:

Arc the Lad 3
Suikoden
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Also add Junichi Masuda

Composer of Pokemon games.

Also, Brad BUxer, for THIS gem

These cover a lot of my favorites. I'd add Yoko Shimomura(Street Fighter II, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts series)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, imchapp.in said:

Nier Automata

No More Heroes

Pokemon Gold/Silver

Killer7

The Katamari Damacy games 

The Persona games

Final Fantasy VI - IX

Need to add Jet Set Radio, Darkstalkers III, and Street Fighter III to my list.

Edited by imchapp.in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta add Josh Mancell to the list, he was the composer for all the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kudasai said:

Gotta add Josh Mancell to the list, he was the composer for all the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games

Ohhh!  I can't seem to remember the songs from those games. Do you have a favorite track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avec said:

Ohhh!  I can't seem to remember the songs from those games. Do you have a favorite track?

I've always liked the soundtrack to the second game the most

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been listening to this playlist a lot lately, especially when I'm napping or in the shower

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kudasai said:

I've been listening to this playlist a lot lately, especially when I'm napping or in the shower

 

Omfg yeeeeeeeesssss

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, avec said:

Omfg yeeeeeeeesssss

My personal pick for most relaxing SNES OST is Equinox

With Do-Re-Mi Fantasy as the runner up

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just recently discoverd this hidden gem of an OST but this is also a pretty good game too but unfortunaely I suck at pool to so getting good at this has been a challenge 🤣

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm remembering all the games I fucking loved the music:

FZERO SNES OST, specifically Port Town

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mystic Quest OST (yes I know). My favorite is Spencer's Place:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, avec said:

Mystic Quest OST (yes I know). My favorite is Spencer's Place:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kudasai said:

 

When I first heard this song, I was like OH SHIT I BETTER NOT FUCK AROUND HERE xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, avec said:

Now I'm remembering all the games I fucking loved the music:

FZERO SNES OST, specifically Port Town

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to be the most 90s sounding OST ever, Yuzo Koshiro FTW!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

This has to be the most 90s sounding OST ever, Yuzo Koshiro FTW!

 

This is really soothing for me right now, ty xD  THE MAGIC OF THE 90S lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely not my favorite soundtrack, but it is so fucking nostalgic. Also the frustration with this fucking game lmao.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DK & DK2 had amazing soundtracks, but DK3 still had a pretty good OST as well.

 

gotta throw a DK2 favorite in here though xP

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...